UnderGround Forums 13 Years ago: Jake Rossen - Overeem Should Retire

13 days ago
5/31/07

Big fan of Reem, when he is on his game he is one of the best HWs.  He could beat everyone who has taken him out at HW IMO.  

I see a lot of people call him a scumbag for the horse meat...hope none of them are Anderson, Jones, Hendo, Vitor, etc etc etc fans.  

13 days ago
3/23/06
SHOGUN250 -

MMA is a funny sport.... the real golden age is passing us by. Just a few days ago I was thinking how I wished Hendo had an upcoming fight and how I missed seeing him scrap regularly. Then I remembered he's gotta be nearing 50 now and he ain't coming back. Soon the Reem will ride into the sunset too. And Shogun. And Werdum, Anderson, Cowboy, Aldo, Lawler, etc. I'm really going to miss seeing all these guys fight, especially having grown up watching them.

The UFC stopped marketing fighters because they started becoming valuable outside the uFc.  Now they don’t market any fighters and leave it all up to the fighter to create a schtick.  They got tired of building names and letting other promotions make a profit off their leftovers.   Without proper marketing we aren’t emotionally invested in the fight.  UFC says “no trust us, if it says UFC it’s the best” and that might be true, but the fans like and want CHARACTERS. they built this sport!  

12 days ago
1/1/01
knockoutfighter - 
SHOGUN250 -

MMA is a funny sport.... the real golden age is passing us by. Just a few days ago I was thinking how I wished Hendo had an upcoming fight and how I missed seeing him scrap regularly. Then I remembered he's gotta be nearing 50 now and he ain't coming back. Soon the Reem will ride into the sunset too. And Shogun. And Werdum, Anderson, Cowboy, Aldo, Lawler, etc. I'm really going to miss seeing all these guys fight, especially having grown up watching them.

The UFC stopped marketing fighters because they started becoming valuable outside the uFc.  Now they don’t market any fighters and leave it all up to the fighter to create a schtick.  They got tired of building names and letting other promotions make a profit off their leftovers.   Without proper marketing we aren’t emotionally invested in the fight.  UFC says “no trust us, if it says UFC it’s the best” and that might be true, but the fans like and want CHARACTERS. they built this sport!  

Very true. The UFC is still, by and large, the Dana White show.
11 days ago
11/1/19
stainlesssteel -
JThomasufc91 -

Love Reem. Hate to see him taking this much damage at 40. He’s got nothing left to prove. He should hang em up.

You missed the part where it says he doesn't dance to your drum. 

Gary Goodridge doesn’t even know what a drum is at this point. CTE is real.

10 days ago
10/6/02
I just wish they would let Vitor use TRT again