UnderGround Forums 244: Do you regret not purchasing the PPV?

Edited: 10 days ago
12/7/10

244 Aftermath

HISTORICAL AND FANTASTIC!

Let’s assume for a moment that you have a lot of interests, but the one thing that you love doing and talking about and watching most of all, is beautiful women. Let’s say you could watch and talk about beautiful women 7 days a week, every week of the year. Then let’s say that one weekend in your home town,  there was a festival where the most beautiful women of the world would meet: Rihanna, Bebe Rexa, Natalie Portman, Erica Fontaine, Priscilla Ricart, Haley Noire. A ticket to this amazing show with all those women would be $64.95.  Would you bitch and moan about how inconvenient it is to have to drive across town to the only store that sold tickets? 

Haylie Noire

You had people last week saying that because UFC 244 would be available only thru ESPN+, they just would not purchase the card.  It upset them to their privileged core that they could not just click on the tv and view the card like they alway have done. 

Well how much of an idiot do you feel today knowing you missed out on one of the most historical days in UFC history? You can never say you saw it live on the internet.  Because you’re too much of a cheapskate to spend $6 per month for ESPN+ and cannot stand to part with $64.95 for a STACKED PPV.

Just imagine if all MMA fans were this way. 

$6 for ESPN?? Ha! Not me! 

$65 for a PPV! Never!

What do you think would happen? That fighters would continue fighting for free? The UFC would continue promoting fights that don’t sell?? At some point do you not want to contribute in actual form to the sport you claim to love?

I’m sure that every fighter on the card this past weekend appreciates everyone who paid for the PPV. Because that’s how fighters get paid and improve their lives.

Don’t be that guy. The one on message boards who claims not to pay for anything, trotting out one excuse after another.

Be for the PPV bro. 

Be for the beat writer and their Patreon. Be for the membership to a forum.

Be for the game. Be for the fighter, in ways more than a degenerate screen name.

10 days ago
9/3/12

Hi Dana 

10 days ago
9/22/11

Cmon man....the ufcs money grab and constantly looking for "new revenue streams" has gone too far.

The ufc can afford to pay fighters more than they do but they have settled on the minimum according to them. approx 20% of revenue goes to the fighters.

They also have a lot of fighters that dont deserve to be in the ufc so they can bombard us with weak ass cards filled with nobodies. 

Their business model sucks balls for everyone except the share holders. 

10 days ago
4/25/11

Haven't bought one since they went off cable and on to the ESPN ppv's. 

It was a kinda like a moral thing for me, but once they started watering down the card more and made it more difficult to watch...      Well I might just have to call my friends to see about trying one of those streams people talk about or something.  ; )

10 days ago
1/24/16

Shill

10 days ago
12/9/18

If there was no espn plus sub I would buy every ppv like I used to. It’s just principle now, they charge more for ppvs and a sub behind it? 6 dollars a month is nothing but it’s just a slap in the face, especially when there’s hd streams that are almost as good as the real thing. 

10 days ago
7/29/02
life is too short for ragretts
10 days ago
4/28/15

Maybe I'd regret it if they could be recorded on the DVR, like when they were on cable. Cheap fucks.

10 days ago
3/4/12

I bought it, PVRd it too! Canadians dont got to deal with that ESPN+ bullshit lol

10 days ago
12/7/10
Ozamataz Buckshank -

Maybe I'd regret it if they could be recorded on the DVR, like when they were on cable. Cheap fucks.

Legit complaint

10 days ago
2/15/11
TheRealFOF - 

I bought it, PVRd it too! Canadians dont got to deal with that ESPN+ bullshit lol

Change your I.P. to an american one.

Worked for me.
10 days ago
11/20/08

Haha, used to buy pay per views and rent or buy videos of past fights all the time 

Now I can stay off the forums for a few hours and watch it for free as its uploaded to various torrent sites. 

If it's really a big fight that's a must see...gladly have some friends over or go to a bar playing it, but 99% of the cards today can wait.

Masvidal vs Nate? Respect both dudes and Jorge has earned his shit but reality is both are journeymen. 

10 days ago
12/9/13

its on free tv for me

9 days ago
1/1/01
move to Canada.

Same way to get the PPV as always. It's great.
9 days ago
8/17/13

Nope. The fights I want to watch are always available on YouTube somewhere even if the quality is crap. 

In the UK BT sport wanted £30+ a month plus they wanted to charge PPV rates for bigger cards which are pretty much the only cards I want to watch in full anyway. 

I’ve not missed it enough to pay that amount of money, put it that way. 

9 days ago
12/14/15

UFC 244 was historical? Lol. Shows how brainwashed some people are. 

I watched it live at 3am and it sure as shit wasn’t worth £50. Fuck off with that noise. 

9 days ago
12/7/10

we're talking about people who use real money, not that pound shit

9 days ago
1/9/02
lol

i think ill be alright telling my grandkids I missed this one

what a ridiculous post, you need a different hobby
9 days ago
12/7/10

you posted in it jackass what does that make you??

9 days ago
12/14/15
stainlesssteel -

Even when it’s shit it’s more valuable than your ‘real money’. 

9 days ago
5/19/17

244 aired for free on dutch tv so nope

9 days ago
12/7/10
Bigtrain2681 -
stainlesssteel -

Even when it’s shit it’s more valuable than your ‘real money’. 

Well, these days, can't argue with that.