UnderGround Forums A pic from Brendan Schaub's standup performance

24 days ago
8/3/11

Edited: 24 days ago
11/8/09

I’m sure he’s not, but the second one from the right looks like he’s sleeping. 

24 days ago
7/27/13

Lol funny picture. But I can gauruntee he’s funnier than Joe Rogan. 

“IF BROCK LESNAR WANTED TO RAPE YOU HE COULD RAPE YOU!!!!!!!!” 

24 days ago
6/20/11
triforce -

Wrong 

24 days ago
9/12/10
King Trav -

I feel like he's thinking of how he can get the fuck outta there during the set 

24 days ago
8/8/18
King Trav -

Looks like he's on his phone 

24 days ago
3/13/18

The reviews are funnier than the show...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10171746/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

24 days ago
9/2/10

Looks a real hoot.

24 days ago
11/8/09
Joshinho -
King Trav -

That’s what I thought too, but it looks like his arms are crossed making it look like he’s sleeping. 

24 days ago
8/20/03
3fie - 

The reviews are funnier than the show...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10171746/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Literally could only watch 15 minutes of it

starkyufo18 May 2019
Jokes are more like jokes told around the office. Stories, no pay off. No real punchlines or delivery that gets you by surprise. Pretty predictable flow. If you have heard his podcast then you have pretty much heard his stand up. Same stories, no real punchlines. It's like a mash up of his podcast stories into one hour.

24 days ago
8/20/03

Should have stayed in his lane.

tonystarks-7293117 May 2019
When I heard Brandon was releasing a special, I was hesitant. I thought that it was extremely early in his career for something like this. I realise that while he can "lightcha up" on twitter, he certainly wasn't ready for something like a full standup special.

I was correct. Rehashed stories about his first time getting high (never heard a comic talking about that before), the fight against Travis Browne and the story about bullying his college roommate and throwing him through a glass sliding door really missed the mark. The guy is all over the place. There seems to be an epicdemic of underdone comics getting specials these days... Brandon here is the most underdone i've seen.

While many comedians embellish stories for comedic effect, he makes numerous factual errors about the first UFC. The man has a podcast about MMA for God's sake.

In all honesty, Schaub is better suited to a 30 minute club act for immediate fans of his, because the Cheeto-fingered general public aren't going to climb this invisible ladder.

I know that in Brandon's eyes I am just some homeless cat with no work ethic but hopefully this review can save someone the pain of having to watch a punch drunk 36 year old without a comedic bone in his body perform a standup special. Go check out Bryan Callen's new special Complicated Apes if you want to see how a real comedian works.

Next time I see something with Brandon's name on it, i'll be giving it a "what else ya got Chin" everyone else should do the same.

24 days ago
8/20/03

World's first joke-less comedian

priscila-9472217 May 2019
What the hell did I just watch? Is there a part 2 that will some day be released that will include the punchlines to these horrible setups?

Simply saying "WHAT THE F*%#!?" after bringing up a topic, is not a punchline.

Now I know what Schaub's supporters and fans (and by that I mean his immediately family because those are his only fans) will say. "He's only been doing standup for 3 years." To which my response is "Exactly." He doesn't belong on Showtime and it painfully shows for over an hour on this "Special".

He did not earn this special anymore than CM Punk earned his way into the UFC. He was gifted all of this by his friend Joe Rogan as an attempt to save his life. Schaub was headed towards being brain dead before his 35th birthday because he was delusional about his talent and potential as a fighter.

Sadly, he was 10x the fighter as he is or will ever be a standup comedian. Just like CM Punk does not have the natural raw talent to ever compete at the UFC level, no matter how long he trains, Schaub doesn't have the natural talent or sense of humor to ever be a successful standup comedian. And you know what? That would be ok, if Schaub actually knew that. People will usually root for someone who's humble and who is trying their hardest, even when they have no business being in the industry that they are attempting to be part of.

What they won't tolerate is someone who steals other comedians jokes, and mannerisms, as Schaub does repeatedly, who isn't funny at all, but at the same time truly believes himself to be the second coming of Richard Pryor.

Just like Schaub thought he was the best heavyweight fighter in the world after his first couple of victories on the local circuit, even saying so repeatedly on TUF season 10, he also believes because he "works so hard" at comedy that he belongs on a Showtime special.

It's well beyond time someone who cares about Schaub sit him down for another Rogan-like "come to Jesus" talk and convince him to either switch industries, or smoke an entire truckload or DMT to help get rid of the massive ego he's been carrying around his entire life.

24 days ago
8/20/03

Steaming Pile

alf_gotcat-9760417 May 2019
There's just nothing funny about this special. Lots of setups with no actual jokes. The audience laughs at non jokes so often I'm wondering if there is a laugh track. This is what happens when Joe Rogan tells you to try comedy and you're surrounded by yes men.

24 days ago
8/20/03

You'd be surprised at how terrible this is

caseykelly-0335721 May 2019
Really hoped this would be good. Guy never posts any of his stand up on social media and now I know why. It's the most cringe worthy hour I've ever seen. I should've turned it off when he expressed his excitement as a kid wanting to see hulk hogan bust a nut. The only good thing you're getting out of this is the free showtime for a month. I know this man has no true friends because none of them will sit him down and tell him that stand up isn't a good choice for him. Instead Rogan and callen are just feeding his ego. I thought a special 3 yrs into comedy was a bad idea and I was right, whomever he duped or sucked off at showtime should be ashamed of themselves for putting this out there. It's just disrespectful to the REAL comedians that put their time in to get an opportunity at a special. Don't waste and hour of your life like the rest of us did that we'll never get back. Having someone rip out my toe nails would've been a better Friday night.

24 days ago
8/20/03

I suffered

ryanr_intl-8709418 May 2019
A traumatic brain injury from watching this. Please don't not expose yourself or those you care about to this absolute pile of excrement.

24 days ago
8/20/03

Wanted to like it

mattman-5381518 May 2019
I went in wanting to like it, however it's just so hacky. I'm not sure if there was a single joke in this special. I actually kinda felt sorry for Brenda

3/20/12

LOL

oh well B

what else u got chin?

8/3/12

Looks like the Rotten Tomatoes reviews got deleted?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brendan_schaub_youd_be_surprised/reviews/

Edit: I guess this is why 

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/rotten-tomatoes-audience-scores-verified-fandango-ticket-buyers-1203224424/

24 days ago
8/3/12

IMDB comments are still up

Did You Know?

Trivia

Schaub's biggest comedic inspirations were George Carlton (sic), the Eddie Murphy moonwalk away bit, the Dave Chappelle thigh/mic hit, and the Nick Swardson fajita bit.

24 days ago
11/9/17
This is what happens when people think they can capitalize on some form of perceived popularity. You have individuals trying to cross over to other avenues with absolutely not a shred of talent to do so.

Rappers started "acting", fighters started "acting", fighters starting to be "comedians". And people wonder why there is no work ethic? Apparently NOTHING takes long term effort anymore "Oh, you have a few million social media followers? Hey, let's get you an acting gig, let's make you a comedian". smh!

I am not sure why anyone would tune into his supposed comedy show. He's not a comedian by any stretch of the imagination. I don't find Rogan funny in the least bit, its confusing to me that he is considered a comedian.

Kat Willians is a comedian
Jeff Foxworthy is a comedian
Ron White is a comedian
Doug Stanhope is a comedian
Patrice O'Neil
Richard Pryor
Sam Kinison
Andrew Dice Clay

I wouldn't even think of Rogan and his lot in such company, wtf? No!
24 days ago
1/23/06
Gotta give up to Schaub's success though. He has made millions post-fighting. I don't think anyone else has done more with the Rogan Rub.
24 days ago
9/27/18
triforce - 

LMAO!!!

Its so true.. Rogan fucking sucks as a comedian.. Great commentator, great podcaster, horrible comedian...

24 days ago
1/23/06
Otlwgt - 
triforce - 

LMAO!!!

Its so true.. Rogan fucking sucks as a comedian.. Great commentator, great podcaster, horrible comedian...

Not my personal experience watching live shows.
24 days ago
12/10/09
Otlwgt -
triforce - 

LMAO!!!

Joe’s last special was pretty damn good IMO. Hadn’t thought that about any of his previous ones. Did you give that one a try?

24 days ago
2/8/12
Joshinho -
King Trav -

Naw he’s sleeping