UnderGround Forums A pic from Brendan Schaub's standup performance

5/24/19 2:21 PM
8/3/12
malf922 -

Man, some of you are way too harsh about Rogan. His last 2 specials had some solid bits, especially the last one. I guess he isn't cool to like now or something.

Schaub is god awful though.

Shiny Happy Jihad was the last special of Rogans I thought was decent, that was back in 2007. All others since then I thought sucked and I didn't laugh once.  I don't know what, if anything changed in his preparation during that time, but it seems he's getting less and less funny.  I haven't watched his newest one, I suppose I'll give it a shot.

5/24/19 3:31 PM
11/16/09
Fern 10th Planet -
malf922 -

Man, some of you are way too harsh about Rogan. His last 2 specials had some solid bits, especially the last one. I guess he isn't cool to like now or something.

Schaub is god awful though.

Shiny Happy Jihad was the last special of Rogans I thought was decent, that was back in 2007. All others since then I thought sucked and I didn't laugh once.  I don't know what, if anything changed in his preparation during that time, but it seems he's getting less and less funny.  I haven't watched his newest one, I suppose I'll give it a shot.

I thought his most recent one was good. Not great, but a return to not being bad. Shiny Happy Jihad is his best, and it's from ages ago.. 

5/24/19 3:57 PM
5/9/06

I listened to Brendon's podcast from Monday, or whatever one was right after the special.  I did not listen to the entire podcast, but at the beginning, he mentions that the special aired, he makes his showtime plug (free month with code Schaub or somethign like that), and then he goes on to thank the tremendously positive repsonse he got on social media regarding the special.  something like he knew it would be good, but he never dreamed the response would be that good.

Now I've been reading threads here, and they have referenced reddit, rotten tomatos and imdb reviews, and all of it has been pretty majorly negative.  I kind of felt bad.  I recorded the show and watched it myself and tried to give an honest review.  I was kind of generous and said it was "ok" and that I chuckled here and there, but I truly never had one LOL moment.  It was certainly not great.

So are we the delusional ones?  I mean, he's on his podcast giving out thanks for all of the overwhelming postive response, and all I see are people shredding him.  WTF?

Its just weird.  You would think we would at least be able to see some of this overwhelmingly positive repsonse somewhere, wouldn't we?

5/24/19 4:10 PM
11/27/02
I don't really have a dog in this fight other than I find much of the Schaub comedy path and specifically the Special as being very forced and at times disingenuous.

I get having friends and hookups but with the Rogan-Callan et al perpetual boosting and even doing the opening acts of the Special its as if this is more of a Make-a-Wish type of situation than merely being supportive of a friend.

It's cool when we see a feel-good vid of a high school football team letting a disabled kid run the length of the field and score as the players are pretending to miss tackles and everyone cheers along.

What usually doesn't happen is the disabled kid now is thinking he can really play and finds himself as the starting QB next season just cause he tries hard and is friends with the other kids.

I'm not sure his special is any worse than Hannah Gadsby's Nanette however.

Can't fault the guy for capitalizing.
5/24/19 4:17 PM
8/3/11
Morgz -

I listened to Brendon's podcast from Monday, or whatever one was right after the special.  I did not listen to the entire podcast, but at the beginning, he mentions that the special aired, he makes his showtime plug (free month with code Schaub or somethign like that), and then he goes on to thank the tremendously positive repsonse he got on social media regarding the special.  something like he knew it would be good, but he never dreamed the response would be that good.

Now I've been reading threads here, and they have referenced reddit, rotten tomatos and imdb reviews, and all of it has been pretty majorly negative.  I kind of felt bad.  I recorded the show and watched it myself and tried to give an honest review.  I was kind of generous and said it was "ok" and that I chuckled here and there, but I truly never had one LOL moment.  It was certainly not great.

So are we the delusional ones?  I mean, he's on his podcast giving out thanks for all of the overwhelming postive response, and all I see are people shredding him.  WTF?

Its just weird.  You would think we would at least be able to see some of this overwhelmingly positive repsonse somewhere, wouldn't we?

lol it's such a crock of shit. We live in times when someone with agenda and a platform to promote it is able just to throw any kind of bullshit out there and try to make people believe in this crap.

5/24/19 4:44 PM
1/12/15

Just watched the first 20 minutes or so of it. Turned it off after the turkey hunting joke. It was really bad. First time I've ever wanted to apologize to myself.

Edited: 5/24/19 4:54 PM
5/9/06
touch - 
Morgz -

lol it's such a crock of shit. We live in times when someone with agenda and a platform to promote it is able just to throw any kind of bullshit out there and try to make people believe in this crap.

He's a master.  He says it so matter of fact, and doesn't make a big deal of it.  He's just like, "yeah, people loved it, as expected".  Not an exact quote, but that's basically what he's saying.   I can imagine it is very believable to someone who hasn't looked for themselves.

5/24/19 11:30 PM
1/1/01

I have to check this out.

It makes me pissed off that a unfunny douchebag like Schaub actually makes an extremely good living being complete shit at what he does.

5/25/19 12:37 AM
6/20/13
Otlwgt -
triforce - 

Lol funny picture. But I can gauruntee he’s funnier than Joe Rogan. 

“IF BROCK LESNAR WANTED TO RAPE YOU HE COULD RAPE YOU!!!!!!!!” 

LMAO!!!

Its so true.. Rogan fucking sucks as a comedian.. Great commentator, great podcaster, horrible comedian...

You have to get hella stoned then it starts to get funny.

5/25/19 12:41 AM
6/20/13

Props to Schaub for playin the game. I admire how he goes for it without having the skills required. Like Teddy R said, he still gets into the arena while many do not.

5/25/19 1:22 AM
10/24/14
Morgz -

He’s truly delusional. He has seen all the negative reviews don’t worry about that. In his head though every single negative review is just a hater who is trying to bring him down. Only the positive reviews are the real ones. It’s really sad actually.

a big tall successful guy who was in the UFC and makes lots of money, and he can’t even acknowledge critisicim or accept that his special has been slated. He’s got some serious insecurities. He is going to fall hard eventually. 

5/25/19 1:56 AM
3/7/07

I feel like whatever Brendan has tried to do he comes in thinking he’s going to the popular guy, the cool kid just like he most likely was in school and it never wore off. 

5/25/19 2:48 AM
8/3/11
God Of Thunder -

Can somebody post the special here? 

Can't find the whole vid but these are apparently the funniest moments

5/25/19 3:36 AM
8/3/11

Tees available now bros, that shit's selling out like hot cakes! 

5/25/19 3:46 AM
5/5/13
touch -

Tees available now bros, that shit's selling out like hot cakes! 

Print on that shirt is placed too high. Sorry Brendan.

5/25/19 4:07 AM
8/3/11

5/25/19 4:15 AM
8/3/11
God Of Thunder -

Found the link in another thread, dunno how to embed

https://hdbest.net/brendan-schaub-youd-be-surprised-tv-movie-2019-22197.html

5/25/19 9:06 AM
8/17/13

It’s like your mate who’s not funny doing a best mans speech and being a little bit funny. 

5/25/19 11:26 AM
9/21/14
touch -
God Of Thunder -

I really

5/25/19 11:27 AM
9/21/14
steakwhistle -
touch -
God Of Thunder -

I really

Sorry I died mid writing that post saying I really wish you hadnt posted this.

5/25/19 11:51 AM
1/23/14
Does Joe Rogan at least call him out on the BS? Hopefully Joe keeps it real and let Brendan know that Cain Velazquez would fuck him up in standup comedy.
5/25/19 12:23 PM
6/14/12
fiznadd - Does Joe Rogan at least call him out on the BS? Hopefully Joe keeps it real and let Brendan know that Cain Velazquez would fuck him up in standup comedy.

Yeah i dont get why joe would tell him live, on-air, that he sucks at fighting but wont give him the same level of candor regarding comedy. Why ? Why fast track him when there are so many comics out there that are generally smart, funny comics, that have beem cutting their teeth in clubs across the country for years and years? Joe knows the industry. He knows how shitty what hes doing is. Its bad for comedy as an industry and commercial product. Fucking nepotism.

5/25/19 12:46 PM
8/3/12
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
fiznadd - Does Joe Rogan at least call him out on the BS? Hopefully Joe keeps it real and let Brendan know that Cain Velazquez would fuck him up in standup comedy.

Yeah i dont get why joe would tell him live, on-air, that he sucks at fighting but wont give him the same level of candor regarding comedy. Why ? Why fast track him when there are so many comics out there that are generally smart, funny comics, that have beem cutting their teeth in clubs across the country for years and years? Joe knows the industry. He knows how shitty what hes doing is. Its bad for comedy as an industry and commercial product. Fucking nepotism.

He must be making money off him, only thing I can think of. Joe helped produce the special didn't he? 

5/25/19 1:02 PM
2/3/09

This is playing out like an unintended remake of Windy City Heat with Schaub being Perry Caravello

5/25/19 1:24 PM
6/14/12
Fern 10th Planet -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

He must be making money off him, only thing I can think of. Joe helped produce the special didn't he? 

No idea. Didnt watch the special. Dont like schaub. In order for me to not be required to dislike joe i need him to tell BS on air that he sucks at his new job just like he did the last time BS had a job he was not well suited for.  

So Joe remains tight lipped now because it directly benefits joe? Thats understandable. But it makes joe a shitty, exploitative friend. Maybe because joes standup is so fucking awful he actually thinks brandon is funny. I dont know. Wheres callens special ?