UnderGround Forums Adesanya wants LHW title shot next

12 days ago
7/18/11

Shitty time for Bones to give up the belt. Him vs IA is the fight people want to see but it’ll never happen if there’s no belt on the line, and now there’s a new champ. 

12 days ago
10/27/03
SickEye -

Shitty time for Bones to give up the belt. Him vs IA is the fight people want to see but it’ll never happen if there’s no belt on the line, and now there’s a new champ. 

It possibly just ups the drama if Israel takes the LHW belt as well and keeps calling him out 

12 days ago
2/17/03
SickEye - 

I think it's more likely to happen without a belt, tbh. UFC has less chance of a division being held up because of a champ champ.

12 days ago
8/2/11

Make it happen

12 days ago
1/1/01

One thing to consider is Adesanya and Bareman have said they thought Jones felt Adesanya was a threat so Jones wanted to fight him ASAP on the way up and MMA so Jones would have the best chance to win.

With that in mind, Adesanya might try to get the Jan fight first like they are talking about and then go defend his MW belt win or lose at LHW while making Jones wait until 2022 to get the fight with him. That can benefit Adesanya and be an issue for Jones who must be serious this time about this HW thing to give up his belt.

12 days ago
1/1/01

As far as the next fight goes...

I hope Jones does go to HW and fight the Stipe vs Ngannou II winner for the HW title.

I hope Teixeira upsets Santos and gets the next title shot vs Jan and hope old man Glover upsets Jan too and becomes champ.

Hope Adesanya stays at MW for now and defends vs the Whittaker/Canoneir winner.

Just rather see stuff play out like that now than see Adesanya Jones anytime soon.

12 days ago
7/18/11
wiggum -
SickEye - 

I think it's more likely to happen without a belt, tbh. UFC has less chance of a division being held up because of a champ champ.

I think it’s too high profile of a bout to not be for a title, since that’s the only thing that ever seems to matter to the fighters...especially possibly the two most arrogant fighters to ever do it. 

12 days ago
2/17/03
SickEye - 
wiggum -
SickEye - 

I think it’s too high profile of a bout to not be for a title, since that’s the only thing that ever seems to matter to the fighters...especially possibly the two most arrogant fighters to ever do it. 

I respectfully disagree.

12 days ago
2/17/03
BJ Penn Forever - 

I hope Jones does go to HW and fight the Stipe vs Ngannou II winner for the HW title.

I hope Teixeira upsets Santos and gets the next title shot vs Jan and hope old man Glover upsets Jan too and becomes champ.

Just rather see stuff play out like that now than see Adesanya Jones anytime soon.

I'd love to see old man Glover get his belt.

12 days ago
12/11/14

These are 2 weight I don't mind waiting on. Isreal has beaten almost the entire division, and LHW has been stale for some time. It's one of the few times I agree. Let em bang! 

12 days ago
12/6/11

If Johnny Walker didnt have suspect chin, it wouldve been a great match stylistically

12 days ago
3/18/14

Bloated welterweight gastelum had him dazed. The top dudes at LHW sleep him

12 days ago
10/27/03
rudiger -

Bloated welterweight gastelum had him dazed. The top dudes at LHW sleep him

That’s the same argument people made when predicting Costa would kill him.

12 days ago
5/3/20

Glover, Jan,Bones, OSP and many others across 205 can give Izzy problems. He won’t win the title ever at 205 

12 days ago
2/17/03
TAPES - 

Glover, Jan,Bones, OSP and many others across 205 can give Izzy problems. He won’t win the title ever at 205 

That's a strange amount of confidence, especially for a division that is filled with blown up MWs.

Edited: 11 days ago
1/1/01
wiggum -
BJ Penn Forever - 

I'd love to see old man Glover get his belt.

Yep, been a real workhorse forever and is always all c lass.