UnderGround Forums Adesanya wants LHW title shot next

14 days ago
1/1/01

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/other/exclusive-israel-adesanya-delays-next-ufc-fight-so-coach-can-train-junior-fa-plans-return-shot-second-title

Bareman says here that Adesanya wants the LHW title shot next.

These champ vs champ fights are cool and all but now a MW won't be able to get a title shot anytime soon and neither will a LHW. Thats the tradeoff with these champ vs champ fights.

Makes Whittaker/Connoneir winner and Santos/Teixeira winner perhaps have to even take another fight before they have a title shot or they have to wait until the summer of 2021 for a shot. If Teixeira upsets Santos but Jones drops back down... Glover would not be getting his shot until he is like fifty years old.

14 days ago
7/29/13

He's going to have to go to lhw as soon as his double D's fill out fully. 

14 days ago
2/10/20

What glover actually did that he is even in title picture?

14 days ago
1/1/01
youngestgrandpa -

What glover actually did that he is even in title picture?

Fights Santos in a few weeks.

He just beat Roberson, Cutelaba, Krylov, and Smith back to back (finished 3 of them) and if you add Santos to that list... that five fight win streak is enough in that division to earn a shot for sure.

14 days ago
3/17/15

Just let him establish dominance, all the dogs are doing it

14 days ago
9/5/11

Who at LHW not named Jones beats Adesanya? 

I don’t think there’s a soul. Give him the shot and let him stay at 205 after - simple. 

It’s not like Jan is selling fights on his own, and I picked him to beat Reyes. 

14 days ago
12/6/11

Jan and Santos beat him!!!

14 days ago
6/9/16

I'll take Izzy over Jan.

14 days ago
9/5/11
HoldingTuasBalls -

Jan and Santos beat him!!!

I don’t see it 

14 days ago
3/5/15

Does anyone think Robert Whitaker deserves a rematch if he beats Cannonier?

Dana was talking that their first fight broke all kinds of Australia PPV records and that rematch could make cents if Robert wins in spectacular fashion 

13 days ago
1/8/04

Israel beats Jan, Reyes, Santos. Loses to JBJ. Glover would go either way, depending on how Glover fights.

13 days ago
9/5/11
Siciliano -

Israel beats Jan, Reyes, Santos. Loses to JBJ. Glover would go either way, depending on how Glover fights.

Really like Glover but he’d be a punching bag against Adesanya 

13 days ago
1/1/01

There’s no real big money fight at 185 for him so I don’t blame him.

13 days ago
11/24/10

Santos would be an amazing stylistic match up for him breaking into LHW just cause they both have the Muay Thai background

13 days ago
2/2/20

SB > Jan

JBJ comes back to fight SB

$$$

13 days ago
1/3/08

Think he would win it then set up the Jones grudge match, don’t think he wants the Jones fight though

13 days ago
10/9/10
knot eye -

Does anyone think Robert Whitaker deserves a rematch if he beats Cannonier?

Dana was talking that their first fight broke all kinds of Australia PPV records and that rematch could make cents if Robert wins in spectacular fashion 

There might be a case for it, but honestly I don’t want to see it, and I don’t think it should happen. It’s not like Izzy won a close decision. I absolutely do not want to see that rematch anytime soon. 

13 days ago
10/27/03
BJ Penn Forever -

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/other/exclusive-israel-adesanya-delays-next-ufc-fight-so-coach-can-train-junior-fa-plans-return-shot-second-title

Bareman says here that Adesanya wants the LHW title shot next.

These champ vs champ fights are cool and all but now a MW won't be able to get a title shot anytime soon and neither will a LHW. Thats the tradeoff with these champ vs champ fights.

Makes Whittaker/Connoneir winner and Santos/Teixeira winner perhaps have to even take another fight before they have a title shot or they have to wait until the summer of 2021 for a shot. If Teixeira upsets Santos but Jones drops back down... Glover would not be getting his shot until he is like fifty years old.

Adesanya likes to fight as often as possible.

A LHW title fight won’t delay things too much.

13 days ago
4/21/09

I'm ok with it as long as it's Jon Jones

12 days ago
1/18/04
I am pro champ v champ fights.

Fuck fairness. I want to see the best in the world battle.

If Izzy does win the LHW too (I have doubts), that sets up a real interesting fight with JBJ.
12 days ago
2/17/03

Why not take a Jones superfight first? A loss doesn't diminish Izzy at all. A win makes a title fight much more compelling.

12 days ago
3/10/11
Malvert the Janitor -

I don’t think there’s a soul. Give him the shot and let him stay at 205 after - simple. 

-Santos
-Reyes
-Gustaffson
-DC
-Phil Davis
-Bader

...off the top of my head...

12 days ago
2/17/03
SportScience - 
Malvert the Janitor -

-Santos
-Reyes
-Gustaffson
-DC
-Phil Davis
-Bader

It's so strange how the UFC no longer has great offensive wrestlers at 205 (assuming you don't count DC and Jones as still being in the division).

I think Bader and Phil Davis are the biggest threats to Izzy in the division (besides Jones). Otherwise, most guys match up pretty poorly with him.

12 days ago
3/10/11
wiggum -
SportScience - 
Malvert the Janitor -

-Santos
-Reyes
-Gustaffson
-DC
-Phil Davis
-Bader

It's so strange how the UFC no longer has great offensive wrestlers at 205 (assuming you don't count DC and Jones as still being in the division).

I think Bader and Phil Davis are the biggest threats to Izzy in the division (besides Jones). Otherwise, most guys match up pretty poorly with him.

I totally agree with you about the offensive wrestlers at 205 and I put it to you that its the same situation at 185. Sure there is Romero, but there is no one like Colby or Usman in those divisions.

When it comes to striking I honestly need to see Izzy fight some of these big guys with longer reach. Izzy has a 15+cm reach advantage on most middleweights. At LHW he has closer to a 5+cm advantage. Against Jones he is at a big -10cm disadvantage.

12 days ago
2/17/03
SportScience - 
wiggum -
SportScience - 
Malvert the Janitor -

-Santos
-Reyes
-Gustaffson
-DC
-Phil Davis
-Bader

I totally agree with you about the offensive wrestlers at 205 and I put it to you that its the same situation at 185. Sure there is Romero, but there is no one like Colby or Usman in those divisions.

When it comes to striking I honestly need to see Izzy fight some of these big guys with longer reach. Izzy has a 15+cm reach advantage on most middleweights. At LHW he has closer to a 5+cm advantage. Against Jones he is at a big -10cm disadvantage.

Yes. The disappearance of good wrestlers from those divisions is a weird phenomenon.