UnderGround Forums Aleks beaten down by Chechen boxer in sparring

8 days ago
10/24/03

DEFENSE! 

8 days ago
12/1/03
williepep - My old gym we call that a Tuesday

Yeah, that looks like every session I've seen at any boxing gyms.
8 days ago
9/19/13

LOL I JUST NOTICED ALEKS HOLDING A PAPER SAYING "FUCK THE UG"

IM DEAD LOL

8 days ago
1/1/01

May be too hard at this point in his career, but I got to admit he is a tough dude to push through that, BTW.. that Middle Weight was no chump, but I am afraid  he was trying to make a name for himself via Alexs.

8 days ago
4/11/10

Neither felt pain because Russians and chechens are born without feelings

Edited: 8 days ago
1/17/03
Tru -
Erik Apple -

Thats some legit sparring. Damn

I’m glad you posted I was going to ask...is that compatible to the RVT days?  Also, I’ve seen you spar and know you don’t train soft, but did it look like one guy going 100 and Alex’s not going 100 or was it fair play

Levens and I used to go pretty hard all the time as did most at RVT.  Marco put me down twice in a round.

Ive done some pretty hard rounds at kings as well.  Some with Wand and Dida. 

Aleks threw  some hard shots too for sure. Body specifically

8 days ago
11/19/19
BathtubwiththeBoiz -
iwarnedyou -

Not sure any 35 year old guy with that much mileage should be sparring without some headgear. Maybe a football helmet in his case. 

Headgear does jack shit.

Headgear arguably makes things worse longterm

8 days ago
11/19/19

Aleks was completely outclassed.

8 days ago
2/15/18

Was that Beterbiev beating his ass? LOL

8 days ago
1/1/01

He definitely got the better of Aleks in that session.

8 days ago
7/11/05
touch -

Why he show out on my dude though? Lol

8 days ago
11/24/13

The Chechen is like two weight classes lower. Wow.

8 days ago
6/11/06

Pretty much standard boxing sparring! Everytime i spar with boxers i go home slightly more retarded than when i walked in.

8 days ago
1/1/01
OUTCOLD -

Pretty much standard boxing sparring! Everytime i spar with boxers i go home slightly more retarded than when i walked in.

I agree with this. I fought MMA and Thai for years, then I switched to boxing in my old age (though I sparred in my younger days in a few boxing gyms). It is common for them to box in full retard gear, even expected. That is what makes boxing so difficult is the intensity. I do beieve this MW was a jerk in this video, but he was trading with a heavy weight so he probably thought his intensity was simply giving a heavy weight a great workout. Boxers that go at a hard pace get used to it...but losing brain cells never stops. I fought three boxing matches and had concussions the whole time, but I did adapt somewhat to the intensity...you just have to bite down on the mouth piece and adapt. Still, though in terms of brain health, its not a wise choice.

8 days ago
8/3/11
Nytron -

The Chechen is like two weight classes lower. Wow.

Actually, three weight classes lower

Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Yevgeny Goncharov commented on the appearance on the web of a video in which his colleague Alexander Emelianenko was knocked down during a boxing training session.

According to Goncharov, the fighter Arbi Madayev, who is also called “Balu”, who knocked down Emelianenko, is a good fighter. He has boxing "at the level of a master of sports."

The Russian added that he knows about this story. On the air of Match TV, he said that this happened when Emelianenko was at a training camp at the Akhmat club. He invited Ball to spar. Moreover, they have a difference in weight categories - 77 kg for Balu and 120 - for Alexander.

"Emelianenko likes to say that he is invincible, that he is the best fighter," Goncharov recalled. It turned out that Alexander fell after a blow from a man "who stands three categories below."

8 days ago
7/10/02
jesus3 - 
OUTCOLD -

I agree with this. I fought MMA and Thai for years, then I switched to boxing in my old age (though I sparred in my younger days in a few boxing gyms). It is common for them to box in full retard gear, even expected. That is what makes boxing so difficult is the intensity. I do beieve this MW was a jerk in this video, but he was trading with a heavy weight so he probably thought his intensity was simply giving a heavy weight a great workout. Boxers that go at a hard pace get used to it...but losing brain cells never stops. I fought three boxing matches and had concussions the whole time, but I did adapt somewhat to the intensity...you just have to bite down on the mouth piece and adapt. Still, though in terms of brain health, its not a wise choice.

Yeah I know it used to be part of the "culture" of many boxing, MMA, judo, etc. places to spar all out, but we know so much more now. It's dumb as fuck to give yourself and partners concussions during training!

Of course, shit can happen during hard sparring, that's a given, but you don't win any tough guy points for being dumb like that. You just lose brain cells and will suffer for years from what you put your body through.

A few hard sparring sessions here and there, I can understand, but the "that's a normal Tuesday" tough guy BS is just dumb. Really dumb.
8 days ago
11/1/19

Wasn’t that bad. I’ve seen harder sparring. Aleks just looked like shit. 

7 days ago
11/20/08

Alex does not have much of a defense. It only consists of standing straight and taking punches. Against somebody who is a good striker that is very dangerous.

You should not train in any gym where you get to "spar" like that.

7 days ago
4/27/07

Aleks needs to stick to MMA

7 days ago
1/21/18

Aleks is so fucking diminished from what he once was. Not saying he is going to KO a boxer in boxing, but the way he was reacting was just like someone who has been hit way too many times and isnt really into it anymore. Pride Aleks was a force.

7 days ago
7/8/06

Nonsense 

7 days ago
10/14/07
Douche -

Preview of canelo vs Masvidal 

Then Masvidal snaps, does a power double and then proceeds to snap Canelo's arm... would make me happy, fuck that ginger puto. 

7 days ago
8/20/08

I don't know if I've ever sparred with a Russian that went light. All the Russian fighters I had to spar went hard. There was no 2nd gear, it was full throttle and then the bell.

7 days ago
6/11/06
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
jesus3 - 
OUTCOLD -

Yeah I know it used to be part of the "culture" of many boxing, MMA, judo, etc. places to spar all out, but we know so much more now. It's dumb as fuck to give yourself and partners concussions during training!

Of course, shit can happen during hard sparring, that's a given, but you don't win any tough guy points for being dumb like that. You just lose brain cells and will suffer for years from what you put your body through.

A few hard sparring sessions here and there, I can understand, but the "that's a normal Tuesday" tough guy BS is just dumb. Really dumb.

I've found that Thai gyms and most MMA Gyms have wised up a bit, but have not come across boxing gyms who go any lighter now than they did 20years ago.