UnderGround Forums Ali: 0.0 % chance Conor gets rematch, GSP next

5 days ago
6/17/16

I already said everything I need to say and backed it up with all the evidence I need, I don't need to keep finding new ways to repeat myself.

Here's a TL;DR: (if anybody cares)

Khabib's really good but not great yet. May be working his way there but he still has work to do. He's only fought 12x in the UFC in 7.5 years and about half of his UFC fights are either filler or asterisks and his fights outside the UFC just don't say that much. Only defended title once so far, already dodging challengers and looking for paydays, already talking about retirement.

Pffffffrrrrrrrrrrr

PS- This has been one man's opinion based upon a review of the available evidence.

5 days ago
9/7/19

Conor >>> Cowboy

Iaquinta >>> Lee

Barboza = Barboza

RDA = RDA

Poirier >>> Petis

These are the most notable wins on each of their runs.

5 days ago
6/17/16
BJ Penn Forever -
Target_the_Gash - 
Ktaco -

Let's be serious here. Khabib should fight Tony first. GSP has to get back into the testing pool, make some practice weight cuts, have a training camp, etc. No reason Khabib can't fight Tony in December and then prepare for GSP in what I assume would only be June 2020.

Of course if Khabib loses to Tony that throws a wrench in things but I'm sure he would want a rematch over GSP anyway at that point. If he beats Tony, he's basically cleaned out his division and a superfight makes a lot more sense. The fight would be a lot bigger and Khabib would likely try and make it 30-0 and hang them up after that.

Unless GSP gains a lot of speed from his last MW fight dropping to LW I think Khabib is going to have his way with him. 

Khabib has no problem nfighting less than 1x a year and sitting around acting like he's a world beater, he's done it for his whole career.

He's got one of the most protected 30 fight winning streaks we have ever seen, right up there with Fedor (Fedor actually fought a lot more top competition in his prime). It must be a fake ass Russian thing.'

Apparently in Khabib's eyes to be the best you must avoid the best.

One of the most protected 30 fight winning streaks we have seen? How many have you seen?

Khabib won two combat sambo worlds right at the start of his MMA career. Fought the current ACA champion Ali Bagov in his 8th pro fight, fought Bellator FW tournament champion Shahbulat Shamhalaev in his 7th pro fight. Fought Tibau (who had just beat RDA) in his 2nd UFC fight.

Calling him protected is a stretch.

Fedor fought Arona in his 4th pro fight, as soon as he got to PRIDE he fought Schilt, Herring and Big Nog.

Khabib and Fedor... protected, that is rich.

Also I'm a big Fedor fan his record is easily 10x more impressive than Khabib's in my eyes as I watched him on his tear of destruciton through Pride while it happened so I don't need any context to put it inperspective for me. I was just adding caveats for all the people that love to grouse about the freak show fights he did and such as fighting Zuluzinho and Hong Man Choi or that now as an older gentleman he's a shell of his former self. I can admit Fedor has some cans on his record but honestlyhe's in the running for most impressive win streak in MMA ever and will always be in that conversation IMO, his achievments speak for themselves if people know their MMA history.

I'm a Shaba fan but he's no world beater (very good and fun to watch fighter but not on anybody's GOAT list) and also was always undersized at Featherweight. I'm sure he would be a Bantamweight in today's UFC if he even ever had the skill to get there. He washed out of Bellator pretty quick, although I'm sure his career was drstically shortened by getting shot multiple times.

Ali Bagov 27-9, never managed to get signed by a big show.

There are people that feel like he lost to Tibau, I haven't rewatched the fight in a long time so I can't remeber if I'm one of them.

Hooray for gold medal's in Sambo, hiope they gave him some nice tropies and his pops has them on the mantle over the fireplace.

5 days ago
6/17/16
ufcwatcher -

Conor >>> Cowboy

Iaquinta >>> Lee

Barboza = Barboza

RDA = RDA

Poirier >>> Petis

These are the most notable wins on each of their runs.

Conor after a 2 year lay off and seemingly at a weird place in life, Al Iaquinta on a week's notice who had been training for Felder and actually went all 5 rounds with Khabib (I just wasn't that impressed with Khabib in that fight, that is just me, I'm not going to change on that), Poirier and Pettis abut equal-ish IMO, if Pettis is on point (Iknow, he already lost to Poirier once)... OK, whatever, Poirier is a better win than Pettis. Cowboy is a real bad-ass when he is having agood night, I was pretty impressed when Ferguson beat Cowboy the way he did especially because Cowboy has been looking pretty good himself and Ferguson shut him down with ease.

I don't want to go through Tony's record fight by fight and type a bunch of shit about it, I've been checking them out the whole time I'm looking at this. Tony's streak overall, when you consider all twelve wins, and the way he has won them, are much more impressive to me than wht Khabib has managed to do, not to mention it has take Khabib 7.5 years just to have 12 fights. 6 of the 12 are whatever.

5 days ago
5/30/12

They’ve signed to fight each other at least 4 times already. No one is ducking anyone. Tony is deserving of a title shot but GSP is the that ‘now or (potentially) never fight’/legacy fight.

If GSP gets the shot next then it’s certain furgeson will be after. If khabib retires before furgeson then yes he “ducked” him 

but until then - “its only business” 

4 days ago
1/23/06

4 days ago
6/17/16

Khabib has fought some serious cans in his early career.

I'm sure they were tough guys in their own right but the record of a majority of his early opponents hovers around .500, most of them are retired now too.

They brought him up real slow until he signed with the UFC.

I was actually more surprised at how protected he was early on than i expected to be when I actually took the time to look into it.

Not trying to hate on Khabeep just being truthful.

4 days ago
9/22/11

Ali is the worst 

4 days ago
12/16/11
ufcwatcher -

Khabib is defending, against the GOAT for GOAT status.

Tony just doesn't bring eyes to the sport like Georges.

GSP is a  GOAT, but the fact is he last fought at 185, Khabib won't move up 1 pound and GSP is long in the tooth.

I'd rather the guy with 28 wins, who won his title from Al Iaquinta then defended it twice try and get his 4th win over a Top 5 opponent in his 28 fight career. 

Its almost magical that a guy with 12 UFC fights and a title has only fought 3 guys in the Top 5 in his career. 

Edited: 4 days ago
6/28/10
ufcwatcher -

Looks like Conor's soul will remain chained up in Khabib's bear yard forever.

Oh and also Tony is getting fucked, but I think GSP is the tougher matchup and more meaningful

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/11/khabib-nurmagomedov-conor-mcgregor-rematch-georges-st-pierre-gsp-ufc/

Please god damn explain to me how the GSP fight, who is retired and a WW is more meaningful than Tony?

4 days ago
1/23/06

10/14/07
KnockoutThoughts -

GSP is ducking the entire 170lb division. Ever since he campaigned for USADA and got his wish, he suddenly abandoned the sport. That’s suspect af! He hasn’t fought anyone at 170lb, and now he wants to shoot down to 155lb? Nobody wants to see that! I’d rather watch GSP vs Woodley or GSP vs Usman. Shit I’d rather watch GSP vs Colby! There’s matchups that make more sense for GSP than to drain himself to fight a 155lb fighter. Kevin Gastelum would beat GSP. GSP is looking for easy fights that pose little risk to him. He knows Khabib would wrestle and not pound his skull in. He fought Bisping for the same reason. That’s weak af to cherry pick fights that seem less dangerous. GSP should come back for legacy fights in the 170lb division! 

GSP vs Masvidal/Nate would be fun. Stop wasting everyone’s time fighting in a division you don’t plan on defending.

Duck the entire division he cleared out that division it only became relevant again after he retired shut the fuck up dude

7/19/13
Strykr619 -
KnockoutThoughts -

GSP is ducking the entire 170lb division. Ever since he campaigned for USADA and got his wish, he suddenly abandoned the sport. That’s suspect af! He hasn’t fought anyone at 170lb, and now he wants to shoot down to 155lb? Nobody wants to see that! I’d rather watch GSP vs Woodley or GSP vs Usman. Shit I’d rather watch GSP vs Colby! There’s matchups that make more sense for GSP than to drain himself to fight a 155lb fighter. Kevin Gastelum would beat GSP. GSP is looking for easy fights that pose little risk to him. He knows Khabib would wrestle and not pound his skull in. He fought Bisping for the same reason. That’s weak af to cherry pick fights that seem less dangerous. GSP should come back for legacy fights in the 170lb division! 

GSP vs Masvidal/Nate would be fun. Stop wasting everyone’s time fighting in a division you don’t plan on defending.

Duck the entire division he cleared out that division it only became relevant again after he retired shut the fuck up dude

Your feelings hurt? Tell me who is still there that he fought? Please, I’ll wait.. the division has moved on. Hendricks beat his ass, and he retired soon after. Hendricks couldn’t hack it against any of the guys currently fighting in the division. GSP left when the going got rough.. that’s the truth. He fought so hard for higher testing, but when it came about he disappeared from the promotion. The Hendricks fight obviously had a lot to do with that, as that was when he realized he was no longer going to be able to maintain his advantage. HGH gut doesn’t lie... now take your own advice and stfu. Truth hurts.. Or wait, let me guess, you believe GSP was poked and prodded by aliens leading to his retirement? lol  GSP wants no parts of the 170lb division of today. He can’t hack it without his special supplement. He left when shit got real! Hendricks retired him. He only came back for a soft match against Bisping, and he got fucked up bad in the process.