UnderGround Forums Ali: Khabib aiming for 30-0 record

10 days ago
8/3/11

The head of the management company Dominance MMA, Ali Abdelaziz, who represents the interests of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and interim champion Justin Gaethje, spoke about his role in the fight between Justin and Khabib. The UFC has announced the date of the fight - October 24.

“Two outstanding athletes, two outstanding personalities. I love both. This has happened. Henry Sejudo fought Marlon Moraes. I was on the sidelines. Kamaru Usman will fight Gilbert Burns. I will also be on the sidelines. These are two champions, they will combine the titles and determine the winner. It's sad that one loses, but it's part of the sport. Justin is a very difficult challenge. The fight will be incredible, '' Abdelaziz said in an interview with the South China Morning Post. - Khabib did not leave the gym, he trained and was focused, more focused than ever. He's aiming for a 30-0 record. And so he will do. "

10 days ago
8/3/11

So, Justin, then GSP and retirement, to clear the way for Makhachev

10 days ago
8/3/11

Ali Abdelaziz

Makhachev will fight in the same event as Khabib.

Edited: 10 days ago
9/2/10

I'd like Ali to explain to me how Khabib beats GSP. 

Stand up? No

Wrestling? Good luck with that

Sub? See above 

10 days ago
8/3/11

Nobody's beating the father time though...

10 days ago
6/2/04
Sinead O Connors Nipples - 

Stand up? No

Sub? See above 

Did you watch the Bisping fight? I thought he looked slow, much slower than he did earlier in his career, and even though he was bigger than normal, he was much slower than expected. That fight was about 3 years ago (age 36) and he's 39 now.

Let's not forget what Bisping looked like prior to and after that fight. Wins a VERY close decision over a 45 year old Dan Henderson, is competitive with GSP before the submission, then gets KO'd by Gastelum in the first. Bisping happened to be champ, but he would have been a betting underdog against any top 5 185er...that's why GSP never bothered to defend the belt.

A prime GSP? He gives Khabib tons of problems because his standup is much better, and I think Khabib struggles to take him down. Likely UD for GSP. 40 year old GSP against a prime Khabib? UD for Khabib after keeping it close in the standup and mixing in some takedowns and gnp.

10 days ago
2/17/03
touch - 

This seems like the ultimate path for his legacy.

10 days ago
2/17/03
Rickmassmma - 

Stand up? No

Sub? See above 

Did you watch the Bisping fight? I thought he looked slow, much slower than he did earlier in his career, and even though he was bigger than normal, he was much slower than expected. That fight was about 3 years ago (age 36) and he's 39 now.

Let's not forget what Bisping looked like prior to and after that fight. Wins a VERY close decision over a 45 year old Dan Henderson, is competitive with GSP before the submission, then gets KO'd by Gastelum in the first. Bisping happened to be champ, but he would have been a betting underdog against any top 5 185er...that's why GSP never bothered to defend the belt.

A prime GSP? He gives Khabib tons of problems because his standup is much better, and I think Khabib struggles to take him down. Likely UD for GSP. 40 year old GSP against a prime Khabib? UD for Khabib after keeping it close in the standup and mixing in some takedowns and gnp.

Granted, if Danaher is to be believed, Georges was suffering from a terrible case of colitis.

9 days ago
9/2/10
Rickmassmma -

Stand up? No

Sub? See above 

Khabib has zero stand up, his only hope is to wrestle. When was the last time GSP got out wrestled? Never?

Let alone by the smaller man.... 

9 days ago
7/24/16

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but if he gets the GSP fight he won't be retiring undefeated.

9 days ago
6/20/14
wiggum -
touch - 

Justin then rematch Conor and retire 28-2

Edited: 9 days ago
3/17/14
Sinead O Connors Nipples -
Rickmassmma -

Stand up? No

Sub? See above 

Khabib has zero stand up, his only hope is to wrestle. When was the last time GSP got out wrestled? Never?

zero stand up but dropped Conor, not to mention... totally boxed up Al. comments like this sound like 10 year olds talking. GSP will have to cut to 155 which hes never done... also he wont be much bigger than Khabib fight time.

Khabib wins.  Hendricks beat GSP

9 days ago
10/17/13
Gaethje, maybe. I can’t predict his mindset with the loss of his Father. GSP at WW, no.
9 days ago
5/31/07
TwoCheekSneak -
wiggum -
touch - 

Justin then rematch Conor and retire 28-2

lol

9 days ago
10/27/03
Rickmassmma -

Stand up? No

Sub? See above 

He was also noticeably tiring.

I thought he was going to be in trouble in round 4 but he landed that sweet shot to Bisping’s blind side.

9/2/10
knappster -
Sinead O Connors Nipples -
Rickmassmma -

Stand up? No

Sub? See above 

zero stand up but dropped Conor, not to mention... totally boxed up Al. comments like this sound like 10 year olds talking. GSP will have to cut to 155 which hes never done... also he wont be much bigger than Khabib fight time.

Khabib wins.  Hendricks beat GSP

Hendricks didn't beat GSP

The fight won't be at 155

Knocks a guy down off a two year binge filled lay off you say? Well colour me impressed

Beats big Al on a weeks notice, amazing 

He got handled on the feet by MJ

Try again.

9 days ago
10/29/10

Even at 40, I would take GSP all day over the very respectable Khabib.

9 days ago
11/19/05

I'll take cash bets if this fight ever happens GSP gets startched. I love GSP, mind you. He is too old and way too slow. He looked liked he was fighting in tar in the Bisping fight.  Add another three years and aged 40, no chance. 

9 days ago
6/2/04
wiggum -
Rickmassmma - 

Stand up? No

Sub? See above 

Granted, if Danaher is to be believed, Georges was suffering from a terrible case of colitis.

Even if true, what are the chances 40 year old GSP walks to the cage in April 2020 at 100%? His body has been through hell, and it's extremely rare to win in the UFC at that age. Guys like Randy did it at heavyweight, but people act like he had this great run when he really just beat 2 guys. Tim Sylvia is slow as fuck, and Randy beat him to win the belt. He then looked like a savage against Gonzaga, who we all thought was a world beater but ended up losing to guys like Mittrione, Schaub, Travis Browne etc..

So After Randy won those 2 fights, he loses to Brock & Nog, then beats Brandon Vera to kick off a run of 1-5 for Vera, then beat an equally old Mark Coleman, then an equally old James Toney making his MMA debut. I'm not saying it's not impressive, it was...he was winning fights at an age he shouldn't have been...but we're not talking about whether or not GSP can come back and beat Cowboy Cerrone, Nate Diaz, Damien Maia, Robbie Lawler or Anthony Pettis. We're talking about 28-0 Khabib. 

Dan Henderson also fought very late in his career, but went 3-7 in his last 10, and his 3 wins were over Lombard who was coming off a TKO loss to Neil Magny, then lost to Hendo then a bunch more people to lose 6 in a row before retiring. He even lost to Hendricks, who went 1-5 to end his UFC career with the 1 win being Lombard. Hendo's other 2 wins were Boetsch who isn't a bad fighter, and Rua who got brutally KO'd by OSP in his next fight. 

Again, I'm not saying this to shit on Randy and Dan...they're two of my all time favorites, but lots of people act like they were winnig big fights consistently late in their career and they weren't. They had some wins mixed in, but they were against the right opponents...similar to GSP and Bisping.

I think GSP could come back and win some fights, but Khabib? It would be incredible if GSP came back at 40 and won that fight. 

2/3/11

Why are people talking like GSP is in his prime?

He'll be 40 soon. He has fought once since 2013.

9 days ago
4/21/12

How to start your career so you can (maybe) go 30-0:

• In your first 6 pro fights, don't fight anyone who has ever won a pro fight.
  • In your 12th pro fight, fight a guy who is 0-2.
  • In your 13th pro fight, fight a guy who is 1-1.
  • In your 15th pro fight, fight a guy who is 0-0.
  • In your first 15 fights, fight guys who have combined to win a grand total of 32 fights, and 13 of those wins were by one guy.
9 days ago
11/8/08
Universally -

How to start your career so you can (maybe) go 30-0:

• In your first 6 pro fights, don't fight anyone who has ever won a pro fight.
  • In your 12th pro fight, fight a guy who is 0-2.
  • In your 13th pro fight, fight a guy who is 1-1.
  • In your 15th pro fight, fight a guy who is 0-0.
  • In your first 15 fights, fight guys who have combined to win a grand total of 32 fights, and 13 of those wins were by one guy.

Now let's see you put that kind of spin on his UFC run.

5 days ago
1/1/01

4 days ago
11/1/19

I got Justin by tko. 

4 days ago
3/22/16
This fight will come down to where Khabibs head is at come fight night.