UnderGround Forums All you bums doubting Bruce Lee...

10/1/19 8:14 PM
11/16/09

The 115 pound dancer and movie choreographer was the baddest man to ever walk the planet, ok? Deal with it.

10/1/19 8:19 PM
11/16/09

Bruce is the last part of that 80's martial arts are magic powers mentality to be let go. The guy was charismatic, inspirational, and made cool movies. Yet people still somehow believe he was some sort of super human combatant. In the 80's if you had a black belt in anything, you automatically were conferred this aura of unexplainable badassery, Bruce Lee is the last vestige of that legacy. Without proof, logic, or rationale, grown men like Joe Rogan who talk about the 80's era of wuwu martial arts, still buys into the fairy tale of Lee as some sort of legit badass fighter.

Imagine if people thought The Arnold, was a badass fighter, because of Commando. 

10/1/19 8:33 PM
12/9/18
FatBuddha - I guarantee all you tough guys talking about Bruce Lee now that he's dead would be his bitch if any of you shared a prison cell with Sigung Lee. Bruce would buy and sell that ass.

I could fuck Bruce lee and so could most grown men he was tiny man. Mighty Mouse would dwarf him. It’s crazy that anyone thinks he could fight lmfao 

10/1/19 8:35 PM
10/17/13
Keep holding on, lol.
10/2/19 12:33 AM
1/1/01
CloakedStar - 
FatBuddha - I guarantee all you tough guys talking about Bruce Lee now that he's dead would be his bitch if any of you shared a prison cell with Sigung Lee. Bruce would buy and sell that ass.

I could fuck Bruce lee and so could most grown men he was tiny man. Mighty Mouse would dwarf him. It’s crazy that anyone thinks he could fight lmfao 

I am disturbed by your post but Bruce would knock you out easily, just as he did many muscle-bound braggarts in his day. His whole generation of martial arts legends bowed down to his abilities. You would have been humbled quickly.
10/2/19 2:10 AM
9/24/12
Osbot -

Bruce is the last part of that 80's martial arts are magic powers mentality to be let go. The guy was charismatic, inspirational, and made cool movies. Yet people still somehow believe he was some sort of super human combatant. In the 80's if you had a black belt in anything, you automatically were conferred this aura of unexplainable badassery, Bruce Lee is the last vestige of that legacy. Without proof, logic, or rationale, grown men like Joe Rogan who talk about the 80's era of wuwu martial arts, still buys into the fairy tale of Lee as some sort of legit badass fighter.

Imagine if people thought The Arnold, was a badass fighter, because of Commando. 

This man gets it

10/2/19 2:32 AM
1/1/01
Osbot - 

Jesus not this again. The best fighters of his generation sparred and took private lessons from him - yes, it's all a conspiracy LMAO. He would have beat you down fast. Real fast.
10/2/19 2:49 AM
2/28/14

Dude I hate to break it to you, because you're clearly a 5'5" 120 pound bean pole and want to believe that someone of your stature was a real bad ass......the dude would get thrown on his head by any normal sized human being. Just like you would, FatBuddha. You're a nothing in the game of life. The typical 5'9" guy with 180 pounds to his name would ragdoll you around like a tiny woman. That's a part of life that you're gonna have to accept. 

Edited: 10/2/19 3:17 AM
1/1/01
Gennady Goblin - 

Dude I hate to break it to you, because you're clearly a 5'5" 120 pound bean pole and want to believe that someone of your stature was a real bad ass......the dude would get thrown on his head by any normal sized human being. Just like you would, FatBuddha. You're a nothing in the game of life. The typical 5'9" guy with 180 pounds to his name would ragdoll you around like a tiny woman. That's a part of life that you're gonna have to accept. 

LOL newbie I'm a 6'1" 210 pound Relson Gracie black belt and Kodokan Judo black belt from Japan who has been doing striking arts since I was 3 years old. Good luck with that. I'd call that plus my professional accolades winning in the game of life. Piece of shit LOL. Bruce Lee would beat you real fast.
10/2/19 3:38 AM
2/15/06
FatBuddha - 
Gennady Goblin - 

LOL newbie I'm a 6'1" 210 pound Relson Gracie black belt and Kodokan Judo black belt from Japan who has been doing striking arts since I was 3 years old. Good luck with that. I'd call that plus my professional accolades winning in the game of life. Piece of shit LOL. Bruce Lee would beat you real fast.

BigBonedBuddha, relax and don't take it so seriously.
10/2/19 4:28 AM
3/25/02

OP still sends x-mas lists to Santa. 

10/2/19 4:43 AM
2/3/10
RKing85 -
Spunkchops - 

McGregor would beat Bruce Lee in MMA , it's just different times , but that doesn't mean Bruce isn't the man . 

a lot worse fighters than Conor would easily beat Bruce Lee in a MMA fight.

Pssssh have you played ufc 3?

10/2/19 8:21 AM
8/7/19
Now did anyone see Gymkata with Kurt Thomas? The movie is basically a documentary about his travels for the CIA where he beats up terrorists and an entire town full of retards. Dude is legit!

Le Shat
©
10/2/19 8:29 AM
6/26/06
FatBuddha - 
Gennady Goblin - 

Your description has me harder than a shark's tooth brother, you are one manly stud, no homo.
10/2/19 10:05 AM
9/20/19

He was also a hyper-insecure manlet juice monkey druggie who stalked chicks and cheated on his wife constantly, so it’s pathetic she has totally defined herself by his mythical legacy. 

Oh yeah. Lunging like a fencer makes sooooo much sense In unarmed combat. 

10/2/19 10:37 AM
12/9/18
FatBuddha -
CloakedStar - 

I am disturbed by your post but Bruce would knock you out easily, just as he did many muscle-bound braggarts in his day. His whole generation of martial arts legends bowed down to his abilities. You would have been humbled quickly.

You’re the one bringing up prison ass. I responded with facts. Any grown man above 6 foot and 180 pounds would be a handful for little bruce.... any athletic man that size would smash him 

10/2/19 10:48 AM
3/6/07
pcuzz -
jkd4200 - 
Joshinho -

Doubting as in doubting he could actually fight? No none knows really, it's almost a pointless argument. 

Ask dan Inosanto. 

He has fantastic stories of bruce fights and sparring. 

Sparring with his amateur students and beating up random nobodies.

Did you ask him?

10/2/19 11:31 AM
2/25/06

I don’t know why this is still discussed. Long story short: he was a master of his trade. Had a lot of skill. He lived a million years ago before MMA was a thing and of coarse current MMA fighters would beat him. Martial Arts have changed dramatically since his days. He was good at what was available then. 

10/2/19 11:59 AM
8/7/19
ABCTT_BullyKiller - 

I don’t know why this is still discussed. Long story short: he was a master of his trade. Had a lot of skill. He lived a million years ago before MMA was a thing and of coarse current MMA fighters would beat him. Martial Arts have changed dramatically since his days. He was good at what was available then. 

His trade was acting, bad fight choreography, and cocaine. He mastered none of these.

He did not know how to fight.

Le Shat
©
10/2/19 12:13 PM
12/4/08

All you have to do is watch video of Lee hitting a heavy bag to know he would get annihlated by any decent ammy kickboxer or mma fighter. Anyone who trains should be able to see this easily. Some of you are really delusional.

Edited: 10/2/19 12:38 PM
1/1/01

I guess people miss the point about Bruce Lee.  It took me till I was older to sort it out.  Remember there was never anyone like him before. Other people cross trained but really didn’t put it all together like he did getting in films and everything.  Bruce Lee had passed before many people on this board were born so there really hasn’t really been anyone in the martial arts community could get behind other than maybe Chuck Norris.   The UFC stars now are different because they don’t come with the philosophical ideology that Bruce was known for.  Bruce was kind of the whole package and different from everyone.  He was always reading and had a huge Library related to fighting.  I got into the Martial Arts right at the tail end of his popularity. He was popular still in the 80’s before the Ninja craze started in 1981.  If you look at the timeline for MA’s in the US. You had:

1950’s Judo

1960’s Karate

1970’s Kung Fu

1980’s Ninjutsu/Tae Kwon-Do

1990’s Tae Kwon- Do/UFC

2000’s Muay Thai/MMA/BJJ

I will agree with some of you he may have not “fought” anyway noteworthy but things were also very different back then.  I was there for some of it and have lived through the changes. MMA was not around and even thought of really in the old days for most guys (let’s say 60’s, 70’s and partially the 80’s).  People were studying for the Martial Arts sake and generally were happy with everything because they did not know anything else.  Most of the time we didn’t visit other schools. We stayed in our own silo.  We didn’t have internet and all the YouTube martial artists bitching about people like Rhonda Rousey or Jones.  Reason I brought that up is it’s hard to compare him in the modern context….it was a different time.    What Bruce did was synthesize and challenge a system that was at the time antiquated and needed change.  Bruce also really preferred western boxing to his own background for example. He wanted to mix things up and he did.  He never thought kicking above the waist was good until he met Chuck Norris, he learned to absorb and adapt which is hard for Martial Artists with a base system ground in.  Shannon Lee, his daughter said he would have loved the UFC but he didn’t even live long enough to realize his effect on the world. He affected a ton of things, The Action Movie Genre (Hollywood for one), Asians getting exposure and respect in films, and most importantly the Martial Arts in general.  He was 32 when he died and did all that. Most people could live a lifetime and hope to do one of those things well.  ?  I admit his movies provided a distracting influence away from real fighting practices into kind of a fantasy based theme.  The "martial arts" craze of the 70’s that Bruce Lee helped make popular with his television and movie work, had little to do with real fighting, but rather glamorizing fantasy ideas about Kung Fu, Karate, and other Asian martial arts that really didn’t have anything to do with reality. I will be honest with you all here, most people would not be around or trained if it wasn’t for him and I have run into hundreds of people that  have told me so over the years. Trust me that is the point of Bruce Lee’s short time here. 

10/2/19 12:52 PM
10/24/10

Does OP still put his teeth under his pillow for the tooth fairy?

10/2/19 1:34 PM
3/12/14

I feel like this is a troll thread

Also, the thumbnail of that vid appears to be JCVD, so...lol at that nonsense. 

Edited: 10/2/19 1:54 PM
5/12/08

As Outkaster said ,it was a different time 

boxers boxed 

karate guys stayed within their own style of karate 

judo guys ,did strictly judo 

wrestlers pretty much only wrestled 

yes ,there was probably some exceptions. 

yes ,The Gracies had been doing there thing before that ,as was Gene LeBell also doing a mix fight and catch guys had been doing there thing also but for the most part ,the idea of mixing arts and intigrating different aspects from different arts ,that was total taboo. 

Sure you had kajukembo ,who promoted mixing arts but by in large ,Bruce brought the idea of becoming a better martial artist by combining arts to the world. 

Again ,he wasn’t the first to teach this way or even the first to try to promote this but because of his world wide popularity,he was able to bring this notion to the world masses. 

Edited: 10/2/19 2:05 PM
9/20/19

There was legit mma in Brazil in the 1930’s. Those guys for sure fuck up bruce Lee in his “prime” 40 years later. They were training and fighting for real. That alone puts them miles ahead of what lee would have been capable of training on  his trapping log.