UnderGround Forums Another Dusting for Dustin

13 days ago
1/8/04

Can Dustin make it longer than he did the first time?

13 days ago
2/17/03
Aaron Becker - 
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

I see this fight going down similar to the Cowboy fight. I think we see an aggressive, hungry Mcgregor coming right out the gate, going for the quick kill, and it’ll be just too much for Poirier to handle.

I'm very curious how Porrier's improved mental game + chin at 155 affects this fight. I think you're right, but I'm not sure that Dustin will go away as quick. How does this fight look if Conor can't put Dustin away in 2?

He’s still mentally weak. He gave up in his corner between rounds in the Khabib fight too

It's a bit crazy to call Porrier mentally weak considering that he finished Justin Gaethje in a war and considering his war with Dan Hooker.

What I'd say is that like Daniel Cormier, he sometimes doesn't show up mentally, but is generally remarkably mentally tough.

12 days ago
1/1/01
wiggum - 
Pain Headquarters - 

I see this fight going down similar to the Cowboy fight. I think we see an aggressive, hungry Mcgregor coming right out the gate, going for the quick kill, and it’ll be just too much for Poirier to handle.

I'm very curious how Porrier's improved mental game + chin at 155 affects this fight. I think you're right, but I'm not sure that Dustin will go away as quick. How does this fight look if Conor can't put Dustin away in 2?

Dustin probably turns it into another Joe Duffy fight. That's his best chance, imo.
12 days ago
1/1/01

Dustin’s been through some wars the last few years. Conor knows what he’s doing imo.

Edited: 12 days ago
8/24/02
Aaron Becker -
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

He’s still mentally weak. He gave up in his corner between rounds in the Khabib fight too

Lol at your stupidity. How bad did Dustin starch you sparring? He has been in wars and has fought and beat top notch fighters for years. What have you done? 

12 days ago
8/10/05
Taco Muncher - 

Conor dangling so much shit lately but not following through on any of it. 

Won't believe it until he steps through the door of the cage.

He is without a doubt playing games, but I wouldn't take it that far. I think it will be believable when the contracts are signed.

11 days ago
10/14/12
Honestly, don't even really care to see this fight again.
11 days ago
1/2/20
Conor vs Tony stylistically more interesting to me.
11 days ago
6/8/11
addict -
Aaron Becker -
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

Lol at your stupidity. How bad did Dustin starch you sparring? He has been in wars and has fought and beat top notch fighters for years. What have you done? 

Lol at yours. Why is mma the only sport where you’re not allowed to criticize the athletes? Do you yell at your tv screen during NFL analysts programs and say the players would run over the analysts so therefore they can’t criticize performances?

11 days ago
6/8/11
wiggum -
Aaron Becker - 
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

It's a bit crazy to call Porrier mentally weak considering that he finished Justin Gaethje in a war and considering his war with Dan Hooker.

What I'd say is that like Daniel Cormier, he sometimes doesn't show up mentally, but is generally remarkably mentally tough.

Dustin was mentally broke and already lost before he even entered the cage

11 days ago
10/11/18
I hope Dustin retires this clown.
11 days ago
8/24/02
Aaron Becker -
addict -
Aaron Becker -
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

Lol at yours. Why is mma the only sport where you’re not allowed to criticize the athletes? Do you yell at your tv screen during NFL analysts programs and say the players would run over the analysts so therefore they can’t criticize performances?

Could care less about sports like the nfl. I’ll repeat what I said, Dustin has been in wars and won, what have you done? I guess you’re  some strong willed killer who has accomplished nothing but you are on the brink of becoming the next best thing

10 days ago
1/27/12

said it before: I am surprised Conor wants the fight considering all the higher profile/lower or equal risk names he could get

10 days ago
10/9/10
wiggum -
Aaron Becker - 
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

“Doesn’t show up mentally” sounds a bit harsh but I would say while DC and Poirier are incredibly mentally tough, it doesn’t mean they are completely unbreakable. Everyone has a limit. Both of them just succumbed to guys who have an even higher level of mental fortitude (Jones, Khabib). Dustin talked about the hype and trash talk going into the Conor fight, he put too much pressure on himself and wasn’t ready for it. He learned from that. 

10 days ago
10/9/10
Aaron Becker -
addict -
Aaron Becker -
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

Strawman argument. Calling somebody mentally weak is not really a criticism of their performance as much as it is an insult to a guy’s character. You’re not speaking to his skills in the cage, you’re talking about his heart and mind. A more appropriate analogy is watching a football game and saying the quarterback is “mentally weak” because he panicked when he got blitzed which resulted in a sack. 

Would that be a critique, as you say? No. A critique implies that there is some sort of analysis being done. In your case, you’re not analyzing shit. You’re saying something insulting and obtuse because you know people will react to it. 

It’s more likely that you’re mentally weak, since your head is clearly up your ass. 

10 days ago
9/13/11

Still believe Dustin is the second best LW in the world and will take this. 

10 days ago
2/17/03
MasterofMartialArts - 
wiggum -
Aaron Becker - 
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

“Doesn’t show up mentally” sounds a bit harsh but I would say while DC and Poirier are incredibly mentally tough, it doesn’t mean they are completely unbreakable. Everyone has a limit. Both of them just succumbed to guys who have an even higher level of mental fortitude (Jones, Khabib). Dustin talked about the hype and trash talk going into the Conor fight, he put too much pressure on himself and wasn’t ready for it. He learned from that. 

Yeah, that's all I mean.

Dustin and DC have shown incredible fortitude in some of their fights. (Rumble, Gus, Gaethje, Hooker, for example).

But, there are times when they showed up not at their best, mentally (the first Jones fight, the Conor fight), or when they made notable mental errors (the second Stipe fight, the Khabib fight).

Also, it's worth noting that I am holding them to the HIGHEST STANDARD because they set a very high bar for themselves through their performances at their best.

10 days ago
11/12/07
not happening.
10 days ago
5/30/10

Tired of these hand picked matchups for Connor.  

10 days ago
10/14/12
frontrowbrian - not happening.

Sure hope not!

Fights Id like to see for McGregor:

Masvadal
GSP
Khabib 2
T-Ferg
Colby
Gaethje (if he beats Khabib)
Chimaev - just for the hype it'd be sweet!
Edited: 10 days ago
4/19/10
Shugum -

What a blind hater.

Holloway

Poirier

Mendes late notice

Aldo

RDA until he pulled out

Diaz twice (first late notice)

Alvarez

Khabib

Real hand picked, easy career path for Conor eh. You can hate the guy all you want, but don’t talk bollocks. 

Edited: 10 days ago
5/30/10
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
Shugum -

What a blind hater.

Holloway

Poirier

Mendes late notice

Aldo

RDA until he pulled out

Alvarez

Khabib

Real hand picked, easy career path for Conor eh. You can hate the guy all you want, but don’t talk bollocks. 

You're supporting my point.  How convenient of you leave out Cowboy.

Look at the list above your post. 

Connor was calling out Diego Sanchez!

10 days ago
2/17/03
Shugum - 

I agree that the UFC avoided testing Conor against wrestlers before his fight against Aldo.

However, it's important to note that nobody thought the RDA fight was an easy one for Conor. RDA was a full-on terminator at that point. Conor deserves props for taking that fight.

Second, who else should Conor have to fight at 155? Dustin is the top guy other than Justin and Khabib. Should Conor fight a lesser ranked guy like Islam or Kevin Lee to show he can beat a wrestler? That doesn't make too much sense to me.

10 days ago
10/14/12
Shugum - 
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
Shugum -

What a blind hater.

Holloway

Poirier

Mendes late notice

Aldo

RDA until he pulled out

Alvarez

Khabib

You're supporting my point.  How convenient of you leave out Cowboy.

Look at the list above your post. 

Connor was calling out Diego Sanchez!

He still fought tough fights.

Champs Aldo & Alvarez, Khabib, WW Diaz, RDA (even tho didnt happen), and even boxing Mayweather. He takes tough fights!

The Cowboy fight and possible this Dustin fight are only ones I see him looking for easy wins.

Diego woulda been a fun fight and he was kinda high on being Deigo's last fight!
10 days ago
6/8/11
addict -
Aaron Becker -
addict -
Aaron Becker -
wiggum -
Pain Headquarters - 

Could care less about sports like the nfl. I’ll repeat what I said, Dustin has been in wars and won, what have you done? I guess you’re  some strong willed killer who has accomplished nothing but you are on the brink of becoming the next best thing

So unless you’re sniffing their crotch, you can’t say anything? Gotchya