UnderGround Forums Another fighter comes out as Trump supporter

13 days ago
8/6/08
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGVhdOFjlYO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If you're wondering why seemingly so many of the top level fighters support trump, it really comes down to the fact that the characteristics that make a great fighter will tend to make that person to lean more towards the right as well, absent racial hatred or the need to placate insecurity thru virtue signaling:

1. Top level fighters are extremely hard workers, with everything earned and nothing given.

2. Although the world is not fair, they understand that adopting a victim mentality is fruitless and will only lead to self destruction

3. They are extremely tough and gritty so when facing obstacles, they do not crumble or wallow in self pity - they figure out a way to use all their resources to rise above the challenge.

4. They are independent thinkers, unlikely to be swayed by manipulation, peer pressure or coercion

5. They are not sensitive bitches
13 days ago
12/13/16

13 days ago
2/17/03

Ah, yes. BJ Penn. Who is famous for his . . . hard work?

13 days ago
7/27/04
wiggum -

wiggum with the TDS,fighter/legend bashing

13 days ago
7/27/04
wiggum -

How about this wrestler/legend to be awarded the presidential medal of freedom

Or he sucks because he lost his last collegiate match?

13 days ago
4/21/12

Hey, I have a great idea!

How about take the political shit elsewhere? Like, maybe to the OG, or the Politics Ground or whatever they call that cesspool.

Just a suggestion.

Otherwise, if you don't like that one, how about: Fuck off with the political shit on the UG?

13 days ago
12/13/16
wiggum -

I would say BJ Penn is famous for his incredible list of accomplishments.

13 days ago
2/17/03
IndieSmoke - 
wiggum -

I would say BJ Penn is famous for his incredible list of accomplishments.

Yes. But, OP pointed to Penn's endorsement and said,

"1. Top level fighters are extremely hard workers, with everything earned and nothing given.

2. Although the world is not fair, they understand that adopting a victim mentality is fruitless and will only lead to self destruction"

13 days ago
2/17/03
EKPOGI - 
wiggum -

No, he's a legend and one of the grittiest athletes in history.

13 days ago
3/15/15
Nonsense,
I've met a few MMAers that are very progressive. The problem is that MMaers are typically people that skirt the world of drugs, bikers, criminals, tattoo culture, skinhead, ghetto, anti-education, or little education (not not all for sure) etc. In other words they come from situations where most likely more conservative approaches to politics are the norm.
13 days ago
7/2/09
gokudamus - https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGVhdOFjlYO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If you're wondering why seemingly so many of the top level fighters support trump, it really comes down to the fact that the characteristics that make a great fighter will tend to make that person to lean more towards the right as well, absent racial hatred or the need to placate insecurity thru virtue signaling:

1. Top level fighters are extremely hard workers, with everything earned and nothing given.

2. Although the world is not fair, they understand that adopting a victim mentality is fruitless and will only lead to self destruction

3. They are extremely tough and gritty so when facing obstacles, they do not crumble or wallow in self pity - they figure out a way to use all their resources to rise above the challenge.

4. They are independent thinkers, unlikely to be swayed by manipulation, peer pressure or coercion

Political leanings aside, this comes across as "give yourself a pat on the back" and needy.  Complimenting oneself is never a good look.

13 days ago
2/17/03
EKPOGI - 
wiggum -

BJ is a legend and an all-time great. By his own admission, he often didn't work hard enough. He could have been even greater if he worked harder.

13 days ago
7/25/08
wiggum - 
EKPOGI - 
wiggum -

BJ is a legend and an all-time great. By his own admission, he often didn't work hard enough. He could have been even greater if he worked harder.

That has always been weird to me, because wasn't he like a psychotically hard worker when he was on the come-up? Like didn't he work like a lunatic to get his black belt super quick?
13 days ago
6/27/05
Slowshot -
wiggum - 
EKPOGI - 
wiggum -

That has always been weird to me, because wasn't he like a psychotically hard worker when he was on the come-up? Like didn't he work like a lunatic to get his black belt super quick?

No brah....all people from Hawaii are born with a black belt around their waist...

13 days ago
2/17/03
Slowshot - 
wiggum - 
EKPOGI - 
wiggum -

I don't know enough about BJ's rise to black belt.

I know that BJ was remarkably gifted; willing to fight anyone; and often displayed real toughness in his fights (the third round of the Diaz fight comes to mind; I also don't think he ever would have tapped while crucifixed by Hughes).

But, there were camps when he only trained once per day, etc. It seems like he was 'capable' of hard work, as evidenced by his time with the Marinoviches. But, unlike a GSP, he didn't have the discipline to do it consistently.

13 days ago
7/27/04
wiggum -
EKPOGI - 
wiggum -

No, he's a legend and one of the grittiest athletes in history.

Agreed,but enough about Trump,what do you think of Dan Gable?

13 days ago
8/10/05
gokudamus - https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGVhdOFjlYO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

'If you're wondering why seemingly so many of the top level fighters support trump'

So many? As far as I know, just Colby and Masvidal are die-hards. Who else?

13 days ago
8/10/05

My understanding is BJ Penn would rather not be a US citizen at all.

13 days ago
1/3/20
Dan Gable is a legend! Awesome to see him receiving the PMoF award.
Edited: 13 days ago
12/13/16

For Ministry 

13 days ago
11/8/08
Universally -

How about take the political shit elsewhere? Like, maybe to the OG, or the Politics Ground or whatever they call that cesspool.

Just a suggestion.

Otherwise, if you don't like that one, how about: Fuck off with the political shit on the UG?

FUCKING THIS!!!!

13 days ago
6/27/05

13 days ago
8/10/05
Universally - 

Just a suggestion.

I have to strongly disagree because in the end this is MMA related simply because we are talking about MMA fighters who are very overt about their standing and support politically. In fact, as we all know, Colby has made his entire shtick and MMA persona about his political alignment and support. Blame Colby if you don't want to see MMA discussions and politics combined in such a way.

If this was a case where OP was digging to find this information out and expose fighters who otherwise weren't publicizing their political beliefs, I would agree completely with you.

13 days ago
7/27/04
Ministry of Truth -
gokudamus - https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGVhdOFjlYO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

'If you're wondering why seemingly so many of the top level fighters support trump'

So many? As far as I know, just Colby and Masvidal are die-hards. Who else?

Askren started a lock her up chant in a Trump rally before

13 days ago
6/9/16

View this post on Instagram

??

A post shared by ??ORIGINAL MMA MEMES AND NEWS (@beaversmash) on