UnderGround Forums Anyone thinks Poirier wins?

1/19/21 11:50 PM
7/15/04

I've doubted Conor in some big fights and he won them all except against Khabib.

Poirier is tough as nails, beat Max. But I think Conor beats him handily. 

Anyone got Poirier in this?

1/20/21 12:11 AM
1/28/20

Not a Conor fan, but he starches Porier in round 1 via mind fuck.

1/20/21 1:52 AM
12/14/09

If he can make it out of first round without being dropped I think Dustin will slowly take over as Connor slows down.

1/20/21 2:12 AM
2/28/14

Conor is too fast and too accurate. People forget about the levels.If Poirier was booked to fight Cowboy right now, it would be a tough, competitive slugfest.

Conor had him headkicked, face shattered, covering up with blood pouring from his nose and eyes 20 seconds into the first round. 

This is a special fighter vs a good fighter. 

1/20/21 2:20 AM
6/14/12
sarcotraps -

If he can make it out of first round without being dropped I think Dustin will slowly take over as Connor slows down.

This. 

1/20/21 2:42 AM
3/17/14

I think Poirier will be a much tougher fight this time. hopefully he mixes up wrestling more. we all know he has the better gas tank. 

1/20/21 3:19 AM
2/28/14

What is this weird narrative that Conor doesn't have cardio? He blew up in the first fight against Diaz because he tried too hard to force a KO. He was too confident and wound up wasting energy.

In the 2nd fight, he won the first 2 rounds, lost the 3rd and ended it taking a lot of punches. What happened next? He proceeded to come out and win the 4th. Conor was doing all the good work and it was Diaz who was visibly fading at the end of that round. How is that a fighter with bad cardio? He needed to win a championship round to win the fight and he did it. That shows phenomenal conditioning.

He lost to Khabib in the 4th, after losing the first 2 rounds, getting taken down and controlled and beaten up and forced to work hard, he comes back in the 3rd and guess what? Wins the round. Again, not something you see from someone with bad cardio. He's the only person in the UFC to have won a round against Khabib, and it came deep in the fight after Conor lost 2 rounds in a row. 

Where is the bad cardio part? Because one time 5 years ago he pushed the pace too hard? Let it go.

1/20/21 3:49 AM
3/23/06

No doubt Poirier CAN win a fight against Conor.  But Conor seems super focused and this event was built around him. Conor hasn’t fought in over a year, he will come in fresh and ready.   I think we see a 3rd round TKO/KO win by Conor.  Dustin is known for getting hit... it’s possible he gets put away early, but I’m hoping for a competitive fight.

1/20/21 6:21 AM
2/9/09

Can he? As in if they fought 50 times does Dustin win maybe one? Yes. But Conor takes this, Rd 1 ko/tko

1/20/21 10:11 AM
1/1/01
I do
1/20/21 10:15 AM
4/27/07

I hope he does

1/20/21 10:25 AM
2/17/03
Gennady Goblin - 

Conor is too fast and too accurate. People forget about the levels.If Poirier was booked to fight Cowboy right now, it would be a tough, competitive slugfest.

Conor had him headkicked, face shattered, covering up with blood pouring from his nose and eyes 20 seconds into the first round. 

If I was betting, I'd bet on Conor via first or second round stoppage for these reasons. I think that Dustin would smoke Cowboy, but I agree with the rest of this post.

However, Dustin's chin and savvy are so much better at 155. It think a Nate type situation is definitely possible. Dustin could make it dirty, gas Conor out, and then finish the fight. But, I'm not counting on it.

1/20/21 10:33 AM
7/22/05

Hopefully takedowns. But probably not.

1/20/21 10:49 AM
7/28/02

pointless fight, conor already beat him convincingly

1/20/21 7:06 PM
4/12/05

Dustin wins... he just got caught

1/20/21 7:15 PM
9/3/14
Gennady Goblin -

Conor got in his head badly last time.  this time around Poirier is a seasoned fighter who has fought and beaten some of the best of the best while Conor has been hand picking his opponents.

If Dustin can keep it together and use his wrestling he has a chance. I think the betting lines are about accurate right now.

After the 1st round this gets really interesting. 

Poirier has some slick grappling, I was watching him vs Ferreira and he rolls out of a trip TD really smoothly.  He needs to fight to his strengths vs Conor and as much as his striking is elite Conor just packs too much power that first round. 

If he gets out of the 1st I believe his cardio and toughness make this an even fight.

1/20/21 7:15 PM
5/8/13
Gennady Goblin -

What is this weird narrative that Conor doesn't have cardio? He blew up in the first fight against Diaz because he tried too hard to force a KO. He was too confident and wound up wasting energy.

In the 2nd fight, he won the first 2 rounds, lost the 3rd and ended it taking a lot of punches. What happened next? He proceeded to come out and win the 4th. Conor was doing all the good work and it was Diaz who was visibly fading at the end of that round. How is that a fighter with bad cardio? He needed to win a championship round to win the fight and he did it. That shows phenomenal conditioning.

He lost to Khabib in the 4th, after losing the first 2 rounds, getting taken down and controlled and beaten up and forced to work hard, he comes back in the 3rd and guess what? Wins the round. Again, not something you see from someone with bad cardio. He's the only person in the UFC to have won a round against Khabib, and it came deep in the fight after Conor lost 2 rounds in a row. 

Where is the bad cardio part? Because one time 5 years ago he pushed the pace too hard? Let it go.

I thought I remember Conor tired and running away the second Diaz fight...  

1/20/21 7:37 PM
9/5/11
Gennady Goblin -

Some dumb, miserable faggot voted down this completely reasonable post because they’re a dumb miserable faggot.

Good post. 

1/20/21 7:39 PM
9/5/11
Dugs95 -
Gennady Goblin -

I thought I remember Conor tired and running away the second Diaz fight...  

Tired sure. Check out how tired Diaz was in that fight. 

Which guy got sat down with face punches three times in five rounds? 

“But Conor turned and jogged away while looking at the clock..”

Yes. It’s exhausting to beat the shit out of someone for five fucking rounds. I believe alll the blood in that fight came from Diaz’s face. 

1/20/21 7:44 PM
11/10/16

I see this as a 50/50 fight. 

1/20/21 7:51 PM
4/28/10

It's the unknown with Conor. We know what we are getting with Dustin.

Where is Connor's head at? How much time has he really spent training and improving his mma game, etc. Take what the coaches say with a grain of salt.

With that said I think Conor is going to put Dustin away within the first 2 rounds. 

1/20/21 7:53 PM
4/11/10

This version of Poirier is a much better version. Fight will be competitive and I think Dustin wins if it goes into the 4th and 5th rounds. 

1/20/21 8:13 PM
8/9/05
Khabib honeydicked Conor in Rd3 for all of his remaining energy which is why there was nothing left for Rd4.
1/21/21 10:00 AM
2/17/03
Gennady Goblin - 

We have seen Conor gas twice: in both Diaz fights. The fact that he fought through it in the second fight doesn't mean that he didn't gas.

We have also seen him lose his KO power after being beaten up for two rounds by Khabib. That's a big deal against a pressure fighter like Dustin.

It's not like he has the world's worst cardio. But, it's a weakness among many other strengths.

1/21/21 10:03 AM
10/6/02
I think Conor takes this but not in the 1st round.