UnderGround Forums Artem Lobov vs. Paulie Malignaggi

28 days ago
8/6/06
TFK_HossPearson -

Fuck man, let’s be real. PM didn’t do shit and I’m  a fan. I had Artem taking 1, 4, 5. Additionally, let’s be really real, Artem looked amazingly bad; even for the level of boxing we’ve grown accustomed to in MMA. He was just more effective. 

Yep, I had Artem 1, 4, and 5. Paulie didn't do shit, even in the two rounds I gave him.

28 days ago
3/14/02
Vikingknee -

Did Paulie throw a single right hand? Or just circled away from Artems Left and threw jabs the whole fight?

Exactly. I think he threw zero rights in R3

28 days ago
2/28/14

Paulie probably shouldn't be talking about how he's "too big for this" when he just looked horrendous.

28 days ago
1/18/06
Jason Knight just summed it up.
28 days ago
10/2/12
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
MuayThaiorDie -

First 3 rounds were all Paulie

How was round 1 all Paulie? There was 1 decent punch that landed, and it was from Artem.

Correct. 

28 days ago
12/23/08
Right Hand JO Power - 

Paulie is a sore loser

What did he say?

I was expecting some sort of excuse and the stream literally froze right as he started to speak.

28 days ago
12/3/05
Really looking forward to Leonard Garcia vs. Jason Knight - this bareknuckle boxing shit is a real thing.
28 days ago
8/6/06
Target_the_Gash -
Vikingknee -

Did Paulie throw a single right hand? Or just circled away from Artems Left and threw jabs the whole fight?

yes

Paulie landed 1 good right hand in round 2. You could see the spit fly out of Artem's mouth. Any time Artem even kind of landed, it would send Paulie stumbling.

28 days ago
5/21/12
TFK_HossPearson -

Fuck man, let’s be real. PM didn’t do shit and I’m  a fan. I had Artem taking 1, 4, 5. Additionally, let’s be really real, Artem looked amazingly bad; even for the level of boxing we’ve grown accustomed to in MMA. He was just more effective. 

Yep, I had Artem 1, 4, and 5. Paulie didn't do shit, even in the two rounds I gave him.

That’s exactly how I had it. Paulie needs to STFU with the excuses, he came off terrible in that post fight interview.

28 days ago
3/21/07
TheVandalz - Jason Knight just summed it up.

Yep, told it like it is. Paulie is soft. 

28 days ago
2/28/14
Hocky -
Right Hand JO Power - 

Paulie is a sore loser

What did he say?

I was expecting some sort of excuse and the stream literally froze right as he started to speak.

He's too big for this, he only got hit with 1 clean punch (he says as blood drips from the 4 cuts on his face), the judges don't know shit about boxing, he clearly was in control and dominated, he didn't get a fair shake, he doesn't understand how this happened.

Pretty much said everything besides taking responsibility for not throwing any punches and accepting the loss like a man.

28 days ago
3/21/07

Paulie ran his mouth at the end, but the look of pure relief on his face when the fight ended spoke more. 

28 days ago
1/1/01
The whole BKB thing was beneath Paulie as a two time boxing champion.he was clearly over the hill,couldnt pull the trigger and looked a bit shaky in the chin.

theres nothing like Big Time Boxing.Put gloves on and let the punches go for 12 rounds.
28 days ago
11/9/18
Sir Psycho Sexy -
scrapdo -

Wow. I didn’t see that decision coming. Artem spent 3 rounds missing and getting sniped. Bad decision imo. 

All pauly did was circle throw the occasional jab. I dont even think he threw a single right hand.

He through a thudding right hand off Artems head that broke his hand. He never threw another right all night. But Artem was hitting air.

28 days ago
6/17/16
Target_the_Gash -
Vikingknee -

yes

Paulie landed 1 good right hand in round 2. You could see the spit fly out of Artem's mouth. Any time Artem even kind of landed, it would send Paulie stumbling.

Yeah, and that was probably the punch that broke his hand...

I was fairly sure he wouldn't have the power to take Artem out.

People can say bad things about Artem's skills but one thing is undeniable: he will come to fight and if you want him to quit you are going to have to take him out.

28 days ago
12/29/10

Wow. Lobov The Goat

28 days ago
9/27/18
Here are the highlights to the fight

https://youtu.be/klj5Uppt2iE
28 days ago
8/6/06

I shut it off when Paulie said ge only got hit once. What did Jason Knight say?

28 days ago
12/29/10
banging - Really looking forward to Leonard Garcia vs. Jason Knight - this bareknuckle boxing shit is a real thing.

Jason Knight cut a Stone Cold Steve Austin promo at the end 

28 days ago
10/24/10
Hocky -
Right Hand JO Power - 

Paulie is a sore loser

What did he say?

He broke his right hand in round 2, he boxed up Artem with jabs and check hooks, he only got hit clean once, Florida is too dumb to score boxing, bare knuckle is beneath boxing ("other" boxers were telling him). That about sums it up I think.

28 days ago
5/21/12
Hocky -
Right Hand JO Power - 

Paulie is a sore loser

What did he say?

He thought he clearly won the fight & said he only got hit with 1 clean punch (even though he had about 3-4 cuts on his face. One of them looked like a vagina).

Then he blames the judges for not understanding how to score a fight & said he broke his hand in the 2nd round. Then he changed his mind by saying he may not have broke it, it was just sore from hitting Artem so much! Lol! 

I usually like Paulie & he has been robbed in his career at times (Broner fight) but he came off really bad with that interview.

28 days ago
1/1/01
that was a shit ton of talking and no fighting from Paulie
28 days ago
5/21/12
tbi0904 -
Hocky -
Right Hand JO Power - 

Paulie is a sore loser

What did he say?

He broke his right hand in round 2, he boxed up Artem with jabs and check hooks, he only got hit clean once, Florida is too dumb to score boxing, bare knuckle is beneath boxing ("other" boxers were telling him). That about sums it up I think.

Fuck

28 days ago
1/1/01
the worst part is that after all that shit talking and when he was losing he started touching gloves with Artem lol
28 days ago
2/28/14
MM8 -
Sir Psycho Sexy -
scrapdo -

Wow. I didn’t see that decision coming. Artem spent 3 rounds missing and getting sniped. Bad decision imo. 

All pauly did was circle throw the occasional jab. I dont even think he threw a single right hand.

He through a thudding right hand off Artems head that broke his hand. He never threw another right all night. But Artem was hitting air.

Guy moving forward throwing punches that miss > guy moving backwards refusing to throw punches

You have to credit aggression and attempt to engage. In a round where zero punches land, the guy attempting to make the fight must be rewarded.