UnderGround Forums Artem Lobov vs. Paulie Malignaggi

6/25/19 9:03 PM
1/1/01

Paulie ran the entire fight landed no power punches ,I had it 4-1 even 5-0 Artem

6/25/19 9:04 PM
11/13/16
Frank Mir Cat -

Paulie gonna carve this clown up. Lobov will be wearing a crimson mask....

Unless Paulie hurts his hand and quits 

Ha!

Edited: 6/25/19 9:16 PM
8/6/06
Dory - At what time in the round did he land this big shot? I want to see that phantom punch!

The best punch of the round was Malignaggi's hook at :46 seconds on the clock (1:14 seconds into the round). Malinaggi also landed a number of solid straight rights to the body.

Now what good punch did Lobov land again and at what time?

Right hook about 14 seconds in, was by far the best punch of the round.

6/25/19 9:37 PM
1/9/05

That punch did land , but Malignaggi went with it. It wasn't even that aolid and he only landed two more punches that round. Malinaggi clearly won that round.

6/25/19 9:58 PM
8/6/06
Dory - That punch did land , but Malignaggi went with it. It wasn't even that aolid and he only landed two more punches that round. Malinaggi clearly won that round.

Most people disagree with you, including all 3 judges.

6/25/19 10:04 PM
1/1/01

A view from ringside that definitely gives a different perspective.

6/25/19 10:08 PM
11/18/09
MM8 -
PhillyFights -

I thought Paulie did too much twitching and feinting early on. Hardly threw anything. Made Artem miss badly a lot, but didn't look comfortable at all till the 3 rd round basically. 

Paulie was for sure afraid to get hit.

He did a ton of feinting and jabbing to the body. He was obviously setting up the straight right and he got punch he was looking for. Problem is, he broke his hand.

Paulie is a turd, but in a boxing match, he really did beat Artem rather easily. In his head, there was no reason to throw another right hand because he wasn't getting hit. Had he felt as if he was behind, maybe he would have taken some chances, but again, in his mind, the only chance Artem had was to knock him out.

But, that is Paulie's fault. Paulie thought that 'boxing' was going to pacify a crowd and judges that were there to see Lobov/Knight part two. They were there to see crisp timing and accurate punches slice up Artem's face. They were there to see blood. The fact that Paulie was content on not getting hit, or doing further damage to his hand, is why he 'lost'.

Bare knuckles evens the playing field where anything can happen. Cuts and broken hands are going to be the biggest problem with the sport and because of it, it will be hard for any one fighters to remain relevant for very long.

Yeah. Good post. 

I got sucked in to all the hype talk where Paulie was gonna permanently injure him, and it wasn't a win if he didn't put Artem to sleep. Paulie came to box and won on that criteria imo. But this wasn't a boxing match, it was a fight and BKFC as promised, reflected that in the scoring. 

It sucks he broke his hand, but a couple flurries here and there would have made a big difference. 

6/25/19 10:32 PM
8/19/13

As a dude who has broken his hands more times than he can count in dumb ass street fights in late teens early 20s, I cringe so hard at the idea of fighting bare knuckle man. Can't imagine what paulie was thinking his hands are probably worse than mine. 

6/25/19 10:39 PM
1/9/05

Most people don't understand what they're watching.

As to the proof being in the judging, then I guess that there's also video proof that Roy Jones list his gold medal match.

6/25/19 10:44 PM
11/18/09
IronWill -

As a dude who has broken his hands more times than he can count in dumb ass street fights in late teens early 20s, I cringe so hard at the idea of fighting bare knuckle man. Can't imagine what paulie was thinking his hands are probably worse than mine. 

Have broken both of mine a few times as well. "The boxers break". If I were to get in a fight without gloves today, I would just assume 100% at least one will break. Paulie said he hasn't had hand problems in 10 years. He seemed to have no backup plan in case that happened, which everyone except him predicted would happen. 

I don't know how bad the break is, maybe it's bad and was instantly painful, but I'm still surprised he didn't throw the right a few times at the end of rounds at least for appearances. 

Big miscalculation by him thinking jabbing him to death would be enough for the judges. It's not like they didn't warn us. 

6/25/19 11:00 PM
1/1/01

I can't believe Paulie fought bare knuckle either considering his hand issues. A history of why gloves were invented for boxing. going back to ancient Greece:

6/26/19 1:42 AM
11/9/18

Paulie easily won 1, 2 and 3. Broke his hand in 2. I think the only right he through again is when Artem bulled him and cut him in the clinch in round 3. Paulie barely ever got hit. Ya'll gotta stop looking at what you think Paulie didn't do and pay attention to what Artem couldn't do.

6/26/19 3:08 AM
11/18/09
MM8 -

Paulie easily won 1, 2 and 3. Broke his hand in 2. I think the only right he through again is when Artem bulled him and cut him in the clinch in round 3. Paulie barely ever got hit. Ya'll gotta stop looking at what you think Paulie didn't do and pay attention to what Artem couldn't do.

Watching the video filmed from ringside is an interesting new look. To me, you see how much Paulies jabs were snapping his head back and how much Artems punches were missing. Like once a round, Artem would bull rush and try to get the clinch. Sometimes he caught Paulie with a few and sometimes it was nothing. And those rushes are probably what won him the fight. The new angle is worth checking out. 

BKFC needs clear cut judging criteria going forward, so fighters know how to plan. 

Either way, it was stupid of Paulie to fight like it was a 12 round boxing match. 

6/26/19 4:01 AM
1/10/13

Paulie didnt do much more than land little flicking jabs, that Artem walked into every round. Artem was the more aggressive guy for sure. He pressed the action mostly, but missed almost every punch that he threw. The way I viewed it, one guy was trying to KO his opponent, threw the most punches, but missed nearly every punch.  Another guy was looking to be elusive and land jabs. He succeeded by making his opponent miss almost everything and walked him inti a few jabs every round. The guy who did more of what he was trying to do won in my opinion.     I'm not arguing too hard, it was a shitty fight that means nothing.

6/26/19 9:03 PM
1/9/05

Jabs that your opponent walks into are the kind of jabs you want to throw.

Edited: 6/27/19 7:53 AM
1/1/01

i had Lobov winning every round.Paulie ran and barely threw any punches and was clearly hit as well