UnderGround Forums Artem Lobov vs. Paulie Malignaggi

6/23/19 5:10 PM
12/29/18
ThatsHowIRoll -
Target_the_Gash -

Like I said earlier the people behind BKFC have put an extra emphasis on aggression and engaging, partly because they are white trash savages and partly out of necessity due to the shorter rounds (which I think themselves are a way to mitigate damage to hands and faces for TV). They tell the fighters the judging is skewed toward engagement and they even have (or at least had) a financial penalty they can levy if a fighter doesn't engage enough.

This was not a 12 round boxing fight. The fact they let Paulie off the hook by breaking up the clinch so fast was already doing him favors. He moved backwards the entire fight, he took the most damage, he failed to slow Artem down for any amount of time. If he really broke his hand it only goes to show if they had another 7 rounds to work in it most likely would have been Artem left standing, Paulie was already breaking and stuck on defense.

Plus, again, this was not a boxing match and was scored slightly differently. It is related to boxing but it is a unique sport. If people keep doing this they will actually have to adapt their styles to become uniquely effective for bareknuckle combat, such as picking shots more carefully, targeting soft areas of the body such as the liver, spleen, and solar plexus more, and turning the hand over into face shots to try to maximize damage while minimizing breakage. Watch Bobby Gunn explain a bit about the differences between BKB and boxing. It's all about footwork, defense, and picking targets for hard shots. If you don't fight carefully you will continue to break bones and eventually they won't hold up anymore.

I'm sure in a boxing match Paulie would have a good chance jab'n'jogging his way to victory with Artem, he's clearly superior technically (in boxing), but that's assuming he isn't washed up already with his best days behind him (obviously he's retiredfrom boxing).

BKFC rules favor Artem just like any other rule set would favor Artem because Artem is the tougher, stronger fighter overall, fights with more aggression, and actually has many more tools at his disposal to beat Paulie than Paulie has for him (outside of boxing). Paulie is a boxer and a fairly one-dimensional boxer at that. An old Paulie is an extra-beatable Paulie.

TLDR. You clearly know about as much about boxing as you do Mma. Jack shit

The bitter little bitch appears. Go home roll

6/23/19 5:12 PM
8/6/06

A fight could be razor thin, and still be a unanimous decision.

6/23/19 5:14 PM
10/10/02
Slowshot -
NKcell -
Winston Wolf -
NKcell -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
NKcell -
Jamie nove -

I always get really confused when people say they thought something should be a split decision

Why? 

It's pretty easy to understand, it's a super close fight and all 3 judges going one way seems like bullshit. Pretty basic.

But that makes no sense. You either think Paulie won or you think Artem won. If you think Paulie won, then you should think all three judges should score it for Paulie. You don't have 3 opinions.

You must be on the spectrum of autism if you can't "understand" a split decision or its a "pet peeve" and also have never watched alot of boxing.

I think it was a close shitty fight.

I think paulie did more early, than lobov did late.

The only way all 3 judges would think lobov clearly won 3+ rounds of the fight is if they were influenced by outside factors IMO.

In boxing, a UD is a dominate, decisive, victory. A split decision is like a close fight / weak victory because 1 judges has it atleast 3-2 paulie. it was more the latter than the former IMO.

wrong a close fight is a point or 2 Split has different person winning

Aaannnnnddddd another autistic mma fan.

Heres 1 more EXAMPLE.

2 judges go 3-2 lobov

1 judge goes 3-2 Paulie 

Thats ONE judge seeing ONE round different. Thats a split decision lobov. That would a CLOSE fight. 

Of course there's always 4-1 , but i think most people would agree neither guy won 4 rounds.

You're stupid for a number of reasons, but high on the list is not knowing the difference between dominate and dominant.

Its called predictive text and a shitty app, but you made a funny bro.

Nothing i said is stupid, youre just another moron wrestler/mma fan who never watched boxing, doesnt understand score cards and the differences between UDs, splits, or majorities.

6/23/19 5:50 PM
1/18/14

This thread is so interesting.  Many of us really saw it completely differently.  I had it the same as the judges with Artem winning a clear decision.  Neither had great stats, Artem had the clear advantage in damage, pushing the action, and control.  My biggest take away is we all have a lot to learn because BKF is not boxing or MMA, but it’s own animal.  Love having the new option!!!

6/23/19 6:44 PM
6/17/16
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

A fight could be razor thin, and still be a unanimous decision.

As it should be if the judges were properly trained....

Edited: 6/23/19 11:47 PM
7/25/08

Sorry for being a dick. I should do better

6/24/19 9:29 PM
11/9/18

I haven't read the past few pages of this thread but these are the facts.

Paulie outboxed Artem. Yes, he looked sloppy, yes he looked scared to get hit, yes he broke his hand and NO, outboxing your opponent is not what BKB is based on. The judges and some fans, are likely thinking that Artem won because of what Paulie didn't do, not because of what Artem did do.

And just to clarfiy,

"In boxing, a UD is a dominate, decisive, victory. A split decision is like a close fight / weak victory because 1 judges has it atleast 3-2 paulie. it was more the latter than the former IMO."

This is horseshit and you clearly don't know shit about scoring a fight. (Don't feel bad, most people don't) A unanimous decision is where all 3 judges agree that one fighter won more points than the other fighter. Domination has nothing to do with it, except when scoring a 10-8 or less likely 10-7 round. You could have a very closely contested UD decision that goes to the fighter you feel lost. You could also have a very one sided split decision where one fighter seem to 'dominate' the rounds he won, and narrowly losing the others.

This isn't Pride, you don't score the fight the way you feel it would end. You score the fight, one round at a time.

6/24/19 9:40 PM
11/9/18
PhillyFights -

I thought Paulie did too much twitching and feinting early on. Hardly threw anything. Made Artem miss badly a lot, but didn’t look comfortable at all till the 3 rd round basically. 

Paulie was for sure afraid to get hit.

He did a ton of feinting and jabbing to the body. He was obviously setting up the straight right and he got punch he was looking for. Problem is, he broke his hand.

Paulie is a turd, but in a boxing match, he really did beat Artem rather easily. In his head, there was no reason to throw another right hand because he wasn't getting hit. Had he felt as if he was behind, maybe he would have taken some chances, but again, in his mind, the only chance Artem had was to knock him out.

But, that is Paulie's fault. Paulie thought that 'boxing' was going to pacify a crowd and judges that were there to see Lobov/Knight part two. They were there to see crisp timing and accurate punches slice up Artem's face. They were there to see blood. The fact that Paulie was content on not getting hit, or doing further damage to his hand, is why he 'lost'.

Bare knuckles evens the playing field where anything can happen. Cuts and broken hands are going to be the biggest problem with the sport and because of it, it will be hard for any one fighters to remain relevant for very long.

6/24/19 9:44 PM
11/14/16

That bare knuckle shit is crazy . Idk how much they pay these fighters but that shit is looking like it causes some permanent damage . 

I can't even watch a full fight 

Am I a pussy for this ?

6/24/19 9:45 PM
1/9/05
I finally watched this fight and I think that most of you and the judges git it all wrong.

I had Malignaggi winning the first four rounds and only losing the 5th because he didn't punch. The 2nd round was fairly close, but I still thought Malignaggi won.

Some of you referred to damage and the cuts on Malignaggi's face (which is no way to judge a fight), but even if tou go by that Silly criterion, Lobov was bleeding from his cuts in round 5 but Malignaggi's seemed fine, no blood dripping.

I thought that Malignaggi dominated and gave away the last round. You never know what the judges will see, so he probably shouldn't have coasted that last round, but I had it 4 rounds to 1 for Malignaggi.
6/24/19 10:36 PM
12/23/02
MM8 -

I haven't read the past few pages of this thread but these are the facts.

Paulie outboxed Artem. Yes, he looked sloppy, yes he looked scared to get hit, yes he broke his hand and NO, outboxing your opponent is not what BKB is based on. The judges and some fans, are likely thinking that Artem won because of what Paulie didn't do, not because of what Artem did do.

And just to clarfiy,

"In boxing, a UD is a dominate, decisive, victory. A split decision is like a close fight / weak victory because 1 judges has it atleast 3-2 paulie. it was more the latter than the former IMO."

This is horseshit and you clearly don't know shit about scoring a fight. (Don't feel bad, most people don't) A unanimous decision is where all 3 judges agree that one fighter won more points than the other fighter. Domination has nothing to do with it, except when scoring a 10-8 or less likely 10-7 round. You could have a very closely contested UD decision that goes to the fighter you feel lost. You could also have a very one sided split decision where one fighter seem to 'dominate' the rounds he won, and narrowly losing the others.

This isn't Pride, you don't score the fight the way you feel it would end. You score the fight, one round at a time.

The facts are Paulie talked mad shit and lost.

6/24/19 10:43 PM
10/2/12
TheVandalz - For the split decision crowd, which one of the 3 judges should have scored it for Paulie?

6/24/19 11:20 PM
1/9/05
All three should have scored it for him
6/24/19 11:31 PM
10/26/05

Only 1 thing is clear... No way Paulie came off the couch and didn't get lit up by conor sparring. Conor was telling the truth. Paulie should shut his pussy mouth and go away. 

6/25/19 9:23 AM
6/17/16

To become the GOAT, you must beat the brakes off the GOAT.

The GOAT horns don't just change hands from some pussy-ass jab-n-jog play fighting.

Save that gay shit for Top Rank Boredom; this here is Just Bleed to succeed.

Put your National Police Gazette Diamond Belt where your mouth is and knuckle up, fella, it's time to throw down.

6/25/19 9:58 AM
8/6/06

I seriously cannot imagine how anybody on earth could score round 1 for Paulie. Did he even throw a single punch that round?

6/25/19 9:59 AM
8/6/06
chupecabre -

Only 1 thing is clear... No way Paulie came off the couch and didn't get lit up by conor sparring. Conor was telling the truth. Paulie should shut his pussy mouth and go away. 

I don't know... it would seem that way, but then why the fuck have they STILL not released the footage?

6/25/19 1:00 PM
1/9/05
Malinaggi landed the only punvhes of the first round. He clearly won that one.
6/25/19 1:55 PM
1/13/11
MarioBarz -

That bare knuckle shit is crazy . Idk how much they pay these fighters but that shit is looking like it causes some permanent damage . 

I can't even watch a full fight 

Am I a pussy for this ?

Yes Mr Barz, you are indeed a pussy for this mentality. 

6/25/19 5:09 PM
1/9/05
ABCTt,

I rewatched the first round to try to see what you saw. To
my eyes, Malignaggi out landed Lobov 10 punches to 3 that round, including the best punch of the round, a left hook. Thst said, Lobov did land three punches that round, whic was more than I thought he did.
6/25/19 8:07 PM
8/6/06
Dory - ABCTt,

I rewatched the first round to try to see what you saw. To
my eyes, Malignaggi out landed Lobov 10 punches to 3 that round, including the best punch of the round, a left hook. Thst said, Lobov did land three punches that round, whic was more than I thought he did.

I watched it back too, the only impactful punch was landed by Artem. Paulie landed nothing worth a shit. No chance he won that round.

6/25/19 8:53 PM
1/9/05
At what time in the round did he land this big shot? I want to see that phantom punch!

The best punch of the round was Malignaggi's hook at :46 seconds on the clock (1:14 seconds into the round). Malinaggi also landed a number of solid straight rights to the body.

Now what good punch did Lobov land again and at what time?
6/25/19 8:54 PM
1/9/05
Now the hook was up on the ear not on the point of the jaw, but still the best punch of the round.
6/25/19 9:03 PM
1/1/01

Paulie ran the entire fight landed no power punches ,I had it 4-1 even 5-0 Artem

6/25/19 9:04 PM
11/13/16
Frank Mir Cat -

Paulie gonna carve this clown up. Lobov will be wearing a crimson mask....

Unless Paulie hurts his hand and quits 

Ha!