UnderGround Forums BJ Penn investigated for alleged machete incident

Edited: 4/20/19 4:24 PM
8/31/10

Man, Georges has come out way on top of these guys like Hughes, Penn and Diaz, not only in the cage, but even more so in life after fighting. Just a far superior man all around, but that was obvious from the beginning to most of us. 

4/20/19 4:29 PM
3/19/04
Reebot -

Serioulsy doubt bj would have a hard time beatin an old farmers ass muchless need a machete

Have you seen his last 10 fights?

4/20/19 4:48 PM
7/12/13
youarewhatiswrong -
VJ Poons -
TequilaYuen -

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/ufc-bj-penn-police-investigation-threatening-man-with-machete

The complaint is actually from Jan 2018, but police consider it an open case.

The allegation is by a farmer who is a neighbor to BJ’s gym property. They had a dispute over a gate to the farmer’s property.

The farmer says BJ stood outside the farmer’s house with a machete, hit the ground with the machete and told the farmer to come out, said he was going to kill the farmer.

BJ then left, but came back later on an ATV and damaged the gate, allegedly.

The farmer reported it to police and there was actually an APB put out for BJ. The charge is making terroristic threats in the first degree. Class C felony.

It’s been 15 months, but police say they’re still trying to locate all parties involved. Which is weird. BJ has not given any statement to police, according to his lawyer.

Farmers, ATVs, machetes...

I never knew BJ was a Hawaiian hillbilly

Well he is half Irish, so he’s basically a Hawaiian redneck.  A Hilobilly, if you will?

I will.

4/20/19 4:57 PM
8/31/10
Canooke -
Reebot -

Serioulsy doubt bj would have a hard time beatin an old farmers ass muchless need a machete

Have you seen his last 10 fights?

Lol!

4/20/19 5:37 PM
7/28/09

Not surprised the legend who licks the blood of his enemies off his gloves has had a few brushes with Hawaiian authorities.

4/20/19 5:39 PM
1/17/03
Ill Portents - 
TequilaYuen - 

Just in case you need a running tally of BJ Penn’s run-ins with the law:

2007 - hit a police officer outside a club. Pleaded no contest, charge later dismissed after community service and fine.

2015 - beat up a friend in a drunken fight outside a bar. Fractures friend’s eye socket. Charged with assault. Charge was dropped in exchange for BJ paying the medical bills.

2016 - investigated for alleged sexual assault on girlfriend of former website employee. Case dropped due to insufficient evidence.

2019 - subject to restraining order filed by mother of his two kids, alleging years of abuse. Now in custody battle.

Erik Apple: "You don't know the real story!"

hey you spelled my name right, Orcus!
4/20/19 5:43 PM
1/17/03
LOL at the perfect citizens judging others when they literally know nothing about a situation. Have you been to the big island? people use machetes all day so its not weird to have one in hand. And Hawaiians quarrel all day, they all wanna fight eachother.
Relax guys.
4/20/19 5:54 PM
5/10/08
Erik Apple - LOL at the perfect citizens judging others when they literally know nothing about a situation. Have you been to the big island? people use machetes all day so its not weird to have one in hand. And Hawaiians quarrel all day, they all wanna fight eachother.
Relax guys.

This.

4/20/19 6:08 PM
7/18/11
Erik Apple - LOL at the perfect citizens judging others when they literally know nothing about a situation. Have you been to the big island? people use machetes all day so its not weird to have one in hand. And Hawaiians quarrel all day, they all wanna fight eachother.
Relax guys.

lol...there sure have been a lot of bad “situations” surrounding B.J. Penn lately!

Poor guy is always in the wrong place at the wrong time, surrounded by people that are out to get him, right?!

4/20/19 9:37 PM
5/11/05

What gym are they talking about? The main one in Hilo is right there in town and there is no farm anywhere near it.

4/20/19 11:59 PM
6/27/18
grandchampion -

What gym are they talking about? The main one in Hilo is right there in town and there is no farm anywhere near it.

Not in Hilo. This allegedly happened an hour away in Waipio Valley.

Along with a gym, BJ's property is also a taro farm.

He works on it personally. He's talked about it in previous interviews.

4/21/19 12:10 AM
6/27/18

4/21/19 12:13 AM
6/27/18

Home sweet home , Hawaii no ka oi #hawaii #allhawaii #taro #allhawaii #bjpenndotcom

A post shared by BJ Penn (@bjpenn) on

4/21/19 12:13 AM
6/27/18

#Taropy

4/21/19 12:24 AM
1/17/03
SickEye -
Erik Apple - LOL at the perfect citizens judging others when they literally know nothing about a situation. Have you been to the big island? people use machetes all day so its not weird to have one in hand. And Hawaiians quarrel all day, they all wanna fight eachother.
Relax guys.

lol...there sure have been a lot of bad “situations” surrounding B.J. Penn lately!

Poor guy is always in the wrong place at the wrong time, surrounded by people that are out to get him, right?!

"Always"? Haha

A couple incidents in a 10 year period? Yea. Hes a regular menace to society 

4/21/19 1:12 AM
6/17/16
TequilaYuen -

#Taropy

BJ should honor his Irish-Hawaiian roots by crossing his heirloom taro lineage with Ireland's favorite staple crop. 

He could get rich being the Big Island's first poi-tato farmer.

I'll see myself out.

4/21/19 1:55 AM
5/11/05
TequilaYuen -
grandchampion -

Not in Hilo. This allegedly happened an hour away in Waipio Valley.

Along with a gym, BJ's property is also a taro farm.

He works on it personally. He's talked about it in previous interviews.

Oh shit I drove down that crazy ass road down into the valley when I lived there I didn't realize he owned a spot down in there. That place is awesome I had a random horse walk up to the truck and let me pet it. That beach is dope too.

4/21/19 8:23 AM
5/10/08
Target_the_Gash -
TequilaYuen -

#Taropy

BJ should honor his Irish-Hawaiian roots by crossing his heirloom taro lineage with Ireland's favorite staple crop. 

He could get rich being the Big Island's first poi-tato farmer.

I'll see myself out.

"He could get rich being the Big Island's first poi-taro farmer."

fixed

4/21/19 9:02 AM
7/18/11
Erik Apple -
SickEye -
Relax guys.

"Always"? Haha

There will probably be more since he’s apparently surrounded by yes-men who always whisper “it’s not YOUR fault BJ”!

4/21/19 9:32 AM
3/3/18
Erik Apple - 
SickEye -
Relax guys.

"Always"? Haha

I assume the people he's injured with his assaults, and threatened (synonym: "menace"), are part of society, so yes, he is a menace to society.

4/21/19 9:53 AM
10/21/10
MM8 -

Why on earth would BJ need a machete for a neighbor farmer?

Cocaine is a helluva drug. 

4/21/19 10:17 AM
3/19/04
TzTinkle -
Reebot - 

Farmer was reportedly GSP so not a chance

“Eh BJ.....why you want to uh fight? I farm da vegetables....you farm de uh vegetables......I don’t see da problem....”

*BJ attacks Georges and loses in 20 seconds *

4/21/19 11:18 AM
3/13/08
VJ Poons -
TequilaYuen -

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/ufc-bj-penn-police-investigation-threatening-man-with-machete

The allegation is by a farmer who is a neighbor to BJ’s gym property. They had a dispute over a gate to the farmer’s property.

The farmer says BJ stood outside the farmer’s house with a machete, hit the ground with the machete and told the farmer to come out, said he was going to kill the farmer.

The farmer reported it to police and there was actually an APB put out for BJ. The charge is making terroristic threats in the first degree. Class C felony.

It’s been 15 months, but police say they’re still trying to locate all parties involved. Which is weird. BJ has not given any statement to police, according to his lawyer.

pretty much everyone on the Big Island has a little hillbilly in them

4/21/19 11:45 AM
3/23/12
Powdered Toast Man -
youarewhatiswrong -
VJ Poons -
TequilaYuen -

Well he is half Irish, so he’s basically a Hawaiian redneck.  A Hilobilly, if you will?

I will.

Thank you.

4/21/19 11:50 AM
3/23/12

I was mentally prepared to move to Hawaii to start a bluegrass band called “The Hilobillies,” but they already exist.  Thwarted again.