UnderGround Forums BW is very interesting right now

17 days ago
1/1/01

Cejudo coming back soon to defend.

Cruz coming back soon for at least one fight.

Faber just returned with a big win.

Garbrandt coming back soon.

Aldo about to arrive.

Edgar about to arrive.

Sterling, Yan and Sandhagen just had big wins.

Moraes, Munhoz, Rivera, Assuncao, Dodson are tough fights for anyone.

Font, Vera, Song, are climbing the ranks.

Its a deep, deep talent pool in the top 15 with a double champ and five former champs in the mix.

When can TJ return?

17 days ago
6/27/18

Interesting for hardcores, not interesting for casuals.

Of course anyone who is on this forum is a hardcore. But just saying

17 days ago
1/24/16

Stacked. TJ would have beat them all sucks he got caught

17 days ago
7/16/13
dinkledorf -

Stacked. TJ would have beat them all sucks he got caught

All except the two he's lost to

17 days ago
6/14/12

One of my fave divisions. Great thread op. Deep talent pool for sure.

17 days ago
6/16/10
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

One of my fave divisions. Great thread op. Deep talent pool for sure.

This. 

17 days ago
10/20/16

Definitely excited to see how it all plays out between the top BW’s right now. I wish John Lineker was still in the UFC though 

17 days ago
10/9/10

I wonder who the UFC will match Cody up with. Perhaps Font is a good matchup. Cody needs at least a small step back. Aldo-Moraes will answer questions about the top of the division. I wouldn’t mind watching Chito vs Assuncao or Dodson. 

17 days ago
1/1/01
bootysweat -

Definitely excited to see how it all plays out between the top BW’s right now. I wish John Lineker was still in the UFC though 

We all wish Lineker was still in the UFC. Hell, I wish Mighty Mouse, Horiguchi, Kai Asakura and Rustam Kerimov were there too.

Imagine a 32 man GP with Lineker, Mighty Mouse, Horiguchi, Asakura, Kerimov, and all the top UFC guys, I'd say 16-man but the talent pool is so deep right now a that a 16 man GP would exclude guys like Song, Dodson and Kerimov, etc...

With Aldo and Edgar arriving and Faber and Cruz returning, it really is a special time for the BW, the top 20 has never been this deep before, its crazy its so deep even without Lineker, Mighty Mouse and Horiguchi.

I've never been half as intersted in BW as I am right now.

17 days ago
1/1/01

Rani Yahya just had his three fight win streak snapped and that leaves him just the 24rd ranked BW.

Merab Dvalishvili just beat Brad Katano and he is now the 23rd ranked BW.

When guys like Yahya and Dvalishvili are struggling to stay in the top 25 you know you have a deep, deep division.

They are struggling to remain in the top 25 and thats before TJ returns and Aldo and Edgar have been added.

17 days ago
1/1/01

Booked right now for Dec/Jan:

Aldo vs Moraes

Edgar vs Sandhagen

Faber vs Yan

Nurmagomedov vs Barcelos

Song vs Stamann

Font vs Simon

2020 is gonna be so Thick, Solid, and Tight at BW.

17 days ago
6/14/12

This thread is making my lady parts tingle

16 days ago
1/1/01

TJ said he decided to take the EPO just because he had no energy to train while cutting down to 125 lbs and only started taking it like six weeks before the fight. Right...

Said that on Ariel's show today.

16 days ago
6/14/12

Fuck tj

Edited: 16 days ago
9/19/13

It’s only interesting because nothing is fucking happening. Artificially stalled, non profitable divisions with scripted ass matchmaking.

16 days ago
11/24/13
The lower weights have always been the hardcore's favourite divisions, the overall dive in talent after 170 then again after 185 is incredible.

135 and 145 have been the most interesting divisions for awhile imo
16 days ago
1/1/01
TJ can return in Jan 2021.

Gonna be real exciting to see what happens with Cejudo, Frankie, Aldo, Cruz, Faber, Moraes, Sterling and Yan in December and 2020.

Imagine that grand prix done over five months like a PRIDE GP.
9 days ago
1/1/01

BW prospect Umar Nurmagomedov (12-0) should get signed to the UFC soon. Unlike Said Nurmagomedov, Umar is a blood relative of Khabib, a cousin, per cagesidepress.com.

9 days ago
1/1/01

Plus Amanda Nuñes can cross over and beat their asses.  

9 days ago
2/17/03
So many great fights ahead (hopefully).
9 days ago
1/1/01
wiggum - So many great fights ahead (hopefully).

Yep everyone will need to stay healthy enough to compete two or three times but 2020 should be incredible.

December is a good preview of the year ahead with five damn good fights:

Aldo vs Moraes

Faber vs Yan

Nurmagomedov vs Barcelos

Song vs Stamann

Font vs Simon

9 days ago
1/23/06
I think it's between Bantamweight and Lightweight for most talented division. Welterweight and Featherweight somewhere after that. Be interesting to see a divisional power ranking
8 days ago
1/1/01

A good quick breakdown on the styles and techniques of some of the up and coming guys:

https://www.thefight-site.com/home/the-effortless-violence-of-cory-sandhagen

https://www.thefight-site.com/home/i-am-the-future-the-constant-pressure-and-formidable-boxing-of-petr-yan

https://www.thefight-site.com/home/rob-font-new-englands-dark-horse

8 days ago
1/1/01
If the five UFC December BW fights were not enough for you RIZIN has something pretty interesting going on at their NYE show.

Kai Asakura vs. Manel Kape is going down for Horiguchi's vacated BW title.

Shintaro Ishiwatari vs. Hiromasa Ogikubo is going down to determine who gets the next title shot.

I'm a big Horiguchi fan and it sucks he is out but at least there is a good four man tourny in place.
4 days ago
1/1/01
Font vs Simon earns FOTN and Font gets the big win. Font has some real slick boxing. I'd like to see him get a top ten fight next.

I thought Stamann won that fight but who knows... Song is only 22 so he still has lots of time.

Can't wait for Aldo vs Moraes and Faber vs Yan this weekend.