UnderGround Forums Bader is the #1 Heavyweight in the world

12 days ago
9/19/13

He has basically evolved into a faster version of Cain Velasquez at this point of his career. Last night was very eye opening. His speed is tremendous for a heavyweight. Very fast at closing distance and keeping distance. Knows how and when to engage his opponents.

Big respect to Bader's striking coaches.

12 days ago
12/14/15

I’m inclined to believe this as well. I think he lights Miocic up. Interestingly I think he has big problems with Ngannou and DC though. 

12 days ago
7/8/09
Bigtrain2681 -

I’m inclined to believe this as well. I think he lights Miocic up. Interestingly I think he has big problems with Ngannou and DC though. 

I think Jones beats him at HW as well. 

12 days ago
1/7/11

Bader looks pretty good, though is it fair using Cheick as a measure against UFC competition? Also, that eye poke was fucking ruthless. 

12 days ago
9/19/13

It had nothing to do with Kongo. I'm speaking strictly about how Bader's movement looked.

12 days ago
1/24/17

stupid thread

OP's profile pic says it all

12 days ago
3/5/11

I think he beats Jones at HW, but gets mauled at LHW. Also feel his chin once checked would fail against the likes of Stipe and DC etc

12 days ago
3/5/11
The Immortal One -

stupid thread

OP's profile pic says it all

You are stupid, Baber is clearly on another level at HW than LHW, it happens, some people should never cut in the first place

12 days ago
8/3/11

... of the night.

12 days ago
2/15/06
Bader isn't even the best LHW. He's far from the best HW.

Can't believe you would make this claim after he beat a broken down Kongo.

To put things into perspective; Tito's last UFC win was against Bader. Tito went 1-7-1 in his last 9 UFC fights with Bader being his only win.
12 days ago
2/17/03
He is not.
12 days ago
8/7/12

Kongo should definately not EVER be used as a barometer when speaking of who is the best HW. I will say that Bader has made leaps and bounds in the skill and technical department since leaving the UFC. Let's not use the fact that Tito beat him in what amounts to a millennium ago as far as fighting is concerned. 

I do think that Bellator has a very weak HW division. Not to take anything away from Bader. 

12 days ago
12/14/15
StrikingMMA - Bader isn't even the best LHW. He's far from the best HW.

To put things into perspective; Tito's last UFC win was against Bader. Tito went 1-7-1 in his last 9 UFC fights with Bader being his only win.

What has not being the best in another division got to do with anything?? Whittikar, Rumble and plenty of others had more success moving up in weight. 

Sure Jones could bounce up and beat him. But as it stands Jones isn’t a HW. 

And i’m not entirely sure how a loss in another division 8 years ago puts anything in perspective. 

12 days ago
12/7/14

what has changed since he looked utterly terrified to be in the same cage as Rumble Johnson?  Sure, he's improved, but *that* much?

12 days ago
2/17/03
Bigtrain2681 - 

What has not being the best in another division got to do with anything?? Whittikar, Rumble and plenty of others had more success moving up in weight. 

And i’m not entirely sure how a loss in another division 8 years ago puts anything in perspective. 

At heavyweight, Bader has beaten a years-past-his-prime Fedor, Mitrione, and King Mo.

Stipe has beaten Daniel Cormier, Werdum, JDS, and Overreem.
12 days ago
8/3/11
Boom Boom Mancino -

what has changed since he looked utterly terrified to be in the same cage as Rumble Johnson?  Sure, he's improved, but *that* much?

umm.. drug testing?

12 days ago
12/14/15
wiggum -
Bigtrain2681 - 

At heavyweight, Bader has beaten a years-past-his-prime Fedor, Mitrione, and King Mo.

Years past his prime can also be applicable to Overeem and JDS. 

12 days ago
2/17/03
Sure. So, let's remove the 'past prime' fighters and compare their accomplishments:

Cormier/Werdum v. Mitrione/King Mo.
12 days ago
12/7/14
wiggum -
Bigtrain2681 - 

not to mention Ngannou, who, other than the Stipe fight and the bizarre performance against Lewis, has looked like an absolute killer - does anyone else take out Blaydes and even a way-past-prime Cain like that?

12 days ago
2/15/06
Bigtrain2681 - 

Bader beat a broken down Kongo in a B level org. Somehow you now think that makes him the best HW? You should have stopped after your earlier post;

"I think he has big problems with Ngannou and DC though." -Bigtrain2681
12 days ago
2/17/03
Boom Boom Mancino - 
wiggum -
Bigtrain2681 - 

not to mention Ngannou, who, other than the Stipe fight and the bizarre performance against Lewis, has looked like an absolute killer - does anyone else take out Blaydes and even a way-past-prime Cain like that?

Yes. Big omission on my part. Good call.
12 days ago
4/2/11

That leaping left of his is accurate and fast. A good tool but I can't help but remember Lyoto sniping Bader as he darted in.  Bader has been looking good. I'm interested in seeing him defending the lhw belt. 

12 days ago
5/12/12

Yea it looked like I was watching a fight in sped up motion, he is quick

12 days ago
3/21/12

I'm sort of tempted to seek out the video of this fight as i've never associated the words "quick" and "bader"

12 days ago
6/23/10

Eye opening indeed...