UnderGround Forums Biggest name you've trained with..

13 days ago
5/15/15

Umm CWTR trains with Conor or is on the team.

13 days ago
1/1/01

Paul Harris

13 days ago
10/3/11

Peter Aerts but I dont know if a seminar counts as trained with ;)

13 days ago
12/22/19

Hominick, Stout, and Horodecki for me. The Adrenalin/Tomp

13 days ago
12/22/19

*tompkins team. Everyone super humble and friendly, great guys. Horodecki is a savage though he has a mean streak hahaha, gotta watch out with him. 

Also shout out to Malcolm Gordon. He's a wicked fighter, flyweight, 12-3, #1 flyweight in Canada. Has some wicked Kimura set ups from Rowan Cunningham's system and overall just slick. 

I did a few rounds of wall/cage wrestling to help him prep for a fight, they just pulled me out of class and asked me to try to drag him down for a couple 5 minute rounds. I outweigh the guy by like 40 pounds and he was 5 steps ahead the whole time. He's a G! 

13 days ago
10/3/16

Jon Jones, Conor McGregor, Royce Gracie.

12 days ago
10/20/16

Joe & Dan Lauzon, both good dudes

12 days ago
1/1/01

Tom brands,Frank shamrock, Jeff blatnick...

12 days ago
7/23/16

The Skrap pack,all were awesome teachers and great dudes

12 days ago
12/18/19

Zaromskis, Hathaway and Alberto Mina.

12 days ago
12/17/10

Miguel torres.   Cool guy 

12 days ago
7/25/12
KickPunchr -

*tompkins team. Everyone super humble and friendly, great guys. Horodecki is a savage though he has a mean streak hahaha, gotta watch out with him. 

Also shout out to Malcolm Gordon. He's a wicked fighter, flyweight, 12-3, #1 flyweight in Canada. Has some wicked Kimura set ups from Rowan Cunningham's system and overall just slick. 

I did a few rounds of wall/cage wrestling to help him prep for a fight, they just pulled me out of class and asked me to try to drag him down for a couple 5 minute rounds. I outweigh the guy by like 40 pounds and he was 5 steps ahead the whole time. He's a G! 

I loved this team back in the day! Sucks Thompkins died way too young. 

12 days ago
7/25/12
cornflake209 -

The Skrap pack,all were awesome teachers and great dudes

This would be epic! Family shit right there. 

12 days ago
12/22/19
McGregorCouldSmellMyPu**y -
KickPunchr -

I loved this team back in the day! Sucks Thompkins died way too young. 

They were the best! Just not the same without him but it is what it is. RIP Tompkins, legends never die! 

also shout out to Chris Clements as well! Great coaching, simple savage and effective.

and Jesse Gough, crushing the BJJ coaching there now, such a good dude. 

So good for a small team out of London ON

12 days ago
1/1/01
martialartsforlife -

Miguel torres.   Cool guy 

Miguel is the man

12 days ago
9/12/10
KickPunchr -

Hominick, Stout, and Horodecki for me. The Adrenalin/Tomp

I never got to train with Hominick, but I saw him training at the gym once. He was unbelievably fast. I had no clue who he was at the time. 

Edited: 12 days ago
1/1/01

rolled with most of the guys ar Serras as well as Matt and Nick.Hybrid Jon,Greg DePasquale.Space Monkey Brian Borzell

12 days ago
10/18/11

Royce but it was more of a seminar .. some of the really talented  fighters I've trained with was Ricardo lamas, Myles jury , sean sherk, Matt Hughes ,  daronCruickshank, Cody staman 

12 days ago
1/1/01

I've trained with a lot of great MMA and BJJ peeps including some BJJ legends.

Lets see but biggest name?

Probably Rickson back in 98. For MMA would likely be BJ Penn or Robbie Lawler. I've been fortunate to train with a lot of notable MMA fighters and BJJ greats only because IMHO, it was really a small circle back then, Now they are big names..back then if you trained with them people would say that's pretty kool, nowadays they say "No way! You trained with Royler Gracie?" Or Royce? 

Probably cause I'm getting pretty old. 

12 days ago
3/24/15

Josh Barnett and Erik Paulson 

12 days ago
6/21/06

Antoni Hardonk. Dude is f-ing huge with legs like tree trunks. Super nice guy.

12 days ago
7/25/12
BasBang - Antoni Hardonk. Dude is f-ing huge with legs like tree trunks. Super nice guy.

I couldn't imagine trying to check one of his kicks.

12 days ago
11/29/11
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

Dawodu, guys an animal 

The German guy ?  Rolled w him few times he's ok I guess lol

12 days ago
2/24/11

Not really "trained with" but did a seminar with Rob Kaman. Used to read about him in the martial arts magazines when I was a kid and even at over 40 I was totally in awe meeting my childhood idle. He was a really nice guy and taught some great stuff

trained at same gym as saenchai in Thailand and that was awesome too.

12 days ago
2/24/11
2breath2feel -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

Dawodu, guys an animal 

The German guy ?  Rolled w him few times he's ok I guess lol

Hakeem Dawodu. Trains out of Calgary, AB