UnderGround Forums Biggest name you've trained with..

2/15/20 11:55 PM
1/18/04
Song2 - 
Son of Neckbone -

I've gotten to roll  with many pros, largely in the Miletich heyday in Bettendorf Iowa, but in no way did I consider myself a member of MFS.  I was a weekender/enthusiast in graduate school and have no illusions that I was on their level.

But I've rolled with Pat M, Tony Fryckland, Jeremy Horn, Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia, Robbie Lawler, etc.  Very briefly (I'm talking about 20 minutes or so) I got to roll with Relson Gracie and Fabio (last name escaping me).

As far as actual training I've rough housed with Spencer Fisher a few hundred times.  He's an awesome instructor.

Santos?

Yes, Santos! He was Dean Lister's coach at a JJ event, and he and Relson hung out with us for an evening in Raleigh. Didn't get a chance to roll with Lister tho, that would have been awesome and humbling.
2/16/20 12:40 AM
11/29/04

Baret Yoshida, Egan Inoue, once was in a Muay Thai class and sparred with Rodrigo Gracie (and took some overhands lol). This was all a long time ago.

2/16/20 12:45 AM
6/20/14

Yves Edwards and Daniel Pineda 

2/16/20 1:17 AM
1/1/01
multiculturaljoseph -
colubrid1 -

Nobody wants to admit they trained with Jason "Mayhem" Miller or War Machine?

LOL! I know a lot of you did!

Trained with Mayhem. He was cool.

Trained with Baroni. He was a meathead twat.

Didnt train w Karo P but had a run in w him over an elevator. Also a twat. 

This elevator is mine bro. Do you know who I am?

2/16/20 8:54 AM
10/22/02

I trained at MFS a long ass time ago. One if the greatest experiences of my life.

2/16/20 9:15 AM
3/14/02
Matt Hume, Josh Barnett and Kimo.
2/24/20 11:20 PM
12/11/05
staygreenponyboy - 

John Brzenk

*edit

JCVD
2/24/20 11:30 PM
12/28/10

One time I talked to Joe Lauzon on the phone.

So you could say we trained our tounges and minds.

2/24/20 11:34 PM
12/13/02

Tim Sylvia, Marcus Davis, Mike Brown, Dale Hartt.  

2/25/20 5:01 AM
5/17/01

I was a Kronk team amateur boxer, put in rounds with Hearns, Moorer, Toney, Bernard Benton, and Dennis Andries. 

2/25/20 5:42 AM
3/22/13

John Lowy at the Ledley Hall, he would come in there and train when he was getting ready for Barrera, we were all kids and he would 'spar' with us, teach us a few dirty tricks and techniques, a true Belfast hero and gentleman.

2/25/20 10:01 AM
11/1/19
bobby14 -

James Krause, Tim Elliot, zack Cummings, drew dober. 
tim was one of my favorite people to spar. Was always coming up with new stuff. Had energy for days. And was super cool. 
I could spar James and if I got one hit in a 5 minute round it was because he let me in order to counter. The man is absolutely sick. 
cummings hits hard. 
dober came down just to work with some people. I really like the guy. He’s super fast and technical. Very good at reading people. 
I enjoyed learning from them and getting my ass kicked by them. 

Are you from Missouri?

2/25/20 5:40 PM
5/17/01
Son of Neckbone -
Song2 - 
Son of Neckbone -

I've gotten to roll  with many pros, largely in the Miletich heyday in Bettendorf Iowa, but in no way did I consider myself a member of MFS.  I was a weekender/enthusiast in graduate school and have no illusions that I was on their level.

But I've rolled with Pat M, Tony Fryckland, Jeremy Horn, Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia, Robbie Lawler, etc.  Very briefly (I'm talking about 20 minutes or so) I got to roll with Relson Gracie and Fabio (last name escaping me).

As far as actual training I've rough housed with Spencer Fisher a few hundred times.  He's an awesome instructor.

Santos?

Yes, Santos! He was Dean Lister's coach at a JJ event, and he and Relson hung out with us for an evening in Raleigh. Didn't get a chance to roll with Lister tho, that would have been awesome and humbling.

Fabio is the man!

2/25/20 11:59 PM
1/6/13
JThomasufc91 -
bobby14 -

James Krause, Tim Elliot, zack Cummings, drew dober. 
tim was one of my favorite people to spar. Was always coming up with new stuff. Had energy for days. And was super cool. 
I could spar James and if I got one hit in a 5 minute round it was because he let me in order to counter. The man is absolutely sick. 
cummings hits hard. 
dober came down just to work with some people. I really like the guy. He’s super fast and technical. Very good at reading people. 
I enjoyed learning from them and getting my ass kicked by them. 

Are you from Missouri?

Yes kc area 

2/27/20 3:02 PM
1/1/01

Dan Severn 

2/27/20 3:44 PM
9/6/02

Bisping back in the day quite often, several times with Marco Ruas plenty of top BJJ guys in seminar situations 

Edited: 25 days ago
10/17/13
A close second is Murillo Bustamante. At Pedro Vianna’s School, RIP.
25 days ago
11/29/11

Pellegrino, Franca,wiman, Claude Patrick, buchecha, cavaca, Luis cane, Lombard, sapo, Colby, Omari and sultan and some other Dagestan guys, miller brothers, Bigfoot, JDS, liborio, drew fickett,the Spanish guy won TUF heavyweight,  tony Martin or Rocco, masvidal , Askren, a lot of wmma UFC fighters, Charles rosa 

im missing a ton in sure but I'll post as I remember 

25 days ago
7/25/12
2breath2feel -

Pellegrino, Franca,wiman, Claude Patrick, buchecha, cavaca, Luis cane, Lombard, sapo, Colby, Omari and sultan and some other Dagestan guys, miller brothers, Bigfoot, JDS, liborio, drew fickett,the Spanish guy won TUF heavyweight,  tony Martin or Rocco, masvidal , Askren, a lot of wmma UFC fighters, Charles rosa 

Damn... that's a fucking list!

25 days ago
11/29/11

Thiago Alves, dhiego lima, creepy weasel, ponzibino, shoe face, Rich attonito 

25 days ago
11/29/11

Nil lentz, buscape, Marlon moraes, Edson barboza, Thiago Moises, Nathan Schulte, Nathan coy 

Edited: 25 days ago
11/29/11
corey got got by Jan Tyson -
2breath2feel -

Ya dude south Florida has been an awesome place to train over the years

Couple more.. 

vagner Rocha, Pablo popovitch, rashid magomedov, jucao 

25 days ago
7/25/12
2breath2feel -

Thiago Alves, dhiego lima, creepy weasel, ponzibino, shoe face, Rich attonito 

Creepy Weasel? That Uncle Creepy? 

25 days ago
7/25/12
2breath2feel -
corey got got by Jan Tyson -
2breath2feel -

Ya dude south Florida has been an awesome place to train over the years

Couple more.. 

vagner Rocha, Pablo popovitch, 

Have you trained at just one gym or many? 

25 days ago
4/2/18

sparred william joppy-(3 time world champ boxer)-aaron rosa fmr ufc/strikeforce lhw/hw-latoya walker-invicta-colton smith (tuf winner)