UnderGround Forums Bisping has entire knee removed NFFW

Edited: 30 days ago
1/6/10

EDIT: Sorry for the title post, I hit enter by mistake while typing it and there is no edit or delete option

https://www.instagram.com/mikebisping/

So today I had a total knee replacement. I’ve suffered with ALOT of pain in my left knee ever since I tore my Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) while training with @georgesstpierre a week before the Ultimate Fighter 3 finale in 2005. With the hard training camps and my love of running the last 14 years have put so much strain on it that I have very advanced, extreme arthritis. I haven’t been able to fully extend my leg for a number of years and have just learned to live with the pain. The great @stevemoramd has been helping me over the years, operating when necessary and helping me manage the symptoms with various different treatments. Over the last 6 months the pain became so extreme and I couldn’t even walk my dogs around the block without being in absolute agony and having to call Rebecca to pick me up. After consulting a number of doctors at @restoreortho we decided the time had come to replace it.I was obviously apprehensive as I’m only 40, so there’s a good chance of having to have it redone in ten years or so (a revision to use the correct term) but I am genuinely excited to live a life without constant pain and limitations. Thank you to @oc_joint_replacement who carried out the actual operation and for generally being a great guy, @stevemoramd for always going above and beyond to help my family and I, also for being one of the coolest guys ever, and of course to all the staff and nurses that make this all possible. Here’s to a new chapter in life. New Knee, New Me!!!!!

30 days ago
1/6/10
30 days ago
5/31/07

Owie

30 days ago
12/28/10

Tough ass rehab on knee replacements I've heard. Bisbing sacrificed an eye and knee for a fighting career gotta respect that even if you're not a fan of his.

30 days ago
11/9/17
Damn!

30 days ago
7/10/02
deezlemike - 

Tough ass rehab on knee replacements I've heard. Bisbing sacrificed an eye and knee for a fighting career gotta respect that even if you're not a fan of his.

The eye is still the crazy part. Not "sacrificing it" but risking the only good one left by fighting on!
30 days ago
5/5/13

30 days ago
1/8/04
Bisping went from being a hated cunt to one of the most universally respected badass motherfuckers in the history of the sport.
1/6/10
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Bisping went from being a hated cunt to one of the most universally respected badass motherfuckers in the history of the sport.

This. Heal to hero. That's rare, it's usualy the other way around.

30 days ago
12/19/10
Letibleu -
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Bisping went from being a hated cunt to one of the most universally respected badass motherfuckers in the history of the sport.

Well sympathising with him after he finished his career is a bit weak... he was called pillow fists for the majority of it.. when in reality he was a fucking badass that would have wrecked anyone that stepped to him in a public setting.. and finally when the time came.. he had to fight an illegal figher called someone Belfort and paid the price with permanant damage to his body and life. Long live Bisping

30 days ago
3/19/04
deezlemike - 

Rooted against him for many years but he won me over toward the end. Heart of a champion.
30 days ago
9/24/18

I like the thinly veiled jab at GSP 

30 days ago
1/1/01

Replacing Bisping with a plastic mannequin one piece at a time. 

30 days ago
1/17/03

Wow. 

30 days ago
2/17/03
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
deezlemike - 

The eye is still the crazy part. Not "sacrificing it" but risking the only good one left by fighting on!

One of the toughest guys to ever fight.
7/16/13

His title win is one of the great moments in the history of the sport. 

Insanely short notice at the end of his career when it looked like he'd never even get a chance to fight for a title. 

Against an opponent that had badly beaten him previously. Then he shut Rockhold's lights off before that was the cool thing to do. Which was awesome because his power had been criticized in the past. 

30 days ago
11/9/17
Rambla - 

Thank God he never accepted that Romero fight, he'd be undergoing a full body replacement.
30 days ago
2/17/03
T?bikan J?dan - 

Insanely short notice at the end of his career when it looked like he'd never even get a chance to fight for a title. 

Against an opponent that had badly beaten him previously. Then he shut Rockhold's lights off before that was the cook thing to do. Which was awesome because his power had been criticized in the past. 

Agreed.
30 days ago
9/20/19

Running is knee cruelty. 

30 days ago
1/6/10
T?bikan J?dan -

Against an opponent that had badly beaten him previously. Then he shut Rockhold's lights off before that was the cook thing to do. Which was awesome because his power had been criticized in the past. 

He didnt just win the title in that fight, thats when he won over the majority of those rooting against him, like me.

30 days ago
1/9/11
Letibleu -

When he spat at Jorge Rivera's corner, I painted bisping as a common thug. Footage of him drunk arguing with Eddie bravo reinforced it. I imagine in many ways he hasn't changed.

But I cannot help but admire him. 

He's competed clean in the dirtiest times in the sport. He's sacrificed his health in ways you cannot fully recover from and I think he's done it more to provide a great life and future for his family than for himself. 

30 days ago
2/10/12
SpartaKick -
Letibleu -

Well sympathising with him after he finished his career is a bit weak... he was called pillow fists for the majority of it.. when in reality he was a fucking badass that would have wrecked anyone that stepped to him in a public setting.. and finally when the time came.. he had to fight an illegal figher called someone Belfort and paid the price with permanant damage to his body and life. Long live Bisping

I always say to my friends  (okay my friend) imagine if Bisping took roids from the start of his career. Would've been an even playing field during his prime, and I think he gets the strap way earlier.

30 days ago
1/9/11
SpartaKick -
Letibleu -

I think the eye damage was started by Alan Belcher.

And I don't think it's sympathising after he finished. I think, now his fight career is over, we now have all the facts and we can draw the conclusion that all things considered Bisping is a true badass, and as a former harsh critic, who's willing to change his mind in the face of sufficient evidence, I'm really happy he's now getting the recognition he deserves.  

30 days ago
11/28/03
JOESONDO -

Replacing Bisping with a plastic mannequin one piece at a time. 

well thats what theyve been doing to ring girls, pvz, tate.....

30 days ago
10/23/07

Unfair, bisping gets a replacement eye now a knee, when will some doctor give Luke rockfold a soul.