UnderGround Forums Boxer in brain surgery after first career loss

27 days ago
1/23/06

Third update from : Maxim Dadashev is going into surgery, medical staff is trying to contact his wife Elizabeth in Russia to find out if he has any allergies or prior brain injuries. Says "swelling has been so great that they need to bring that down."

27 days ago
1/1/01
jesus, fight was just tonight? Scary stuff. Hope he's ok.
Edited: 27 days ago
1/23/06
bradu - jesus, fight was just tonight? Scary stuff. Hope he's ok.

Yeah long drawn out sustained punishment. Stopped after round 11. Buddy McGirt threw in the towel

27 days ago
10/9/10

Brain swelling is such a scary thing, fuck. Hope he makes it through. 

27 days ago
1/1/01

Oh my goodness me. 

Boxing is such a dangerous sport.

27 days ago
12/28/14

I hope he pulls through.

27 days ago
3/17/17
Ok so has this problem become more of an issue in boxing lately or is each case just being publicized more? I know this was always a thing that happened in the sport but I dont recall reading as many stories about this happening until the last year or two.

Sad sad stuff and I hope he gets through it and home to his family.

Sometimes I fucking hate boxing. His bills better be taken care of.
27 days ago
10/14/02
i really hope this brave warrior and family man
makes it through
27 days ago
2/9/09
Sage Northcock - Ok so has this problem become more of an issue in boxing lately or is each case just being publicized more? I know this was always a thing that happened in the sport but I dont recall reading as many stories about this happening until the last year or two.

Agree’d. How the hell do Muay Thai guys have like 200 fights? 

27 days ago
1/10/13
Sage Northcock - Ok so has this problem become more of an issue in boxing lately or is each case just being publicized more? I know this was always a thing that happened in the sport but I dont recall reading as many stories about this happening until the last year or two.

Always happened, go back to the 80's and 90's with Deuk Koo Kim, Johnny Owens, Pedro Alcazar, Leavander Johnson, Jimmy Garcia, Greg Page and Beethavean Scottland all dying and guys like Gerald McCellen and Michael Watson lives being ruined. You can go back until the begining of the sport, it happens sadly.

27 days ago
7/27/04
The Closed Guard -

my guess is the damage is all over the body as opposed to the focus on the head.

27 days ago
1/10/13
EKPOGI -
The Closed Guard -

my guess is the damage is all over the body as opposed to the focus on the head.

The bleeding in the brain and the swelling is the problem. If the can stop and control it early he has a shot. When the bleeding and swelling go to long is when the problems magnify. My sister inlaw was in a wreck with bleeding and swelling on her brain. They removed part of her skull for what I believe was two weeks to allow the swelling to go down. I hope they adddress Dadashev early enough to save him without too many problems. McClellen was saved, but the life he leads now could he argued as worse than had he not survived.

27 days ago
1/23/06

Exactly. Guys demanding I do the damn work for them just because they're ignorant about the statistics. Like I said, MMA/UFC does an amazing job marketing and making their sport seem like it's the most "brutal" & whatnot, but boxers suffer way more health wise. Night and day.

27 days ago
1/23/06
Replying to 

I've seen it too many times bro. F*ck, ONCE is one time too many. It's the prolonged beatings that do it. The one punch knockouts look more brutal, but they really don't kill dudes the same way.

27 days ago
7/28/02

Banned in the future mark my words

1/23/06
Lucas Maximus - 

I can see it. Not a fan of the government telling everyone what they can do though. Such a history rich sport.

27 days ago
6/14/12
Lucas Maximus -

wrong.

if people want to box they should be allowed to. they know the risks. 

is the govt gonna ban eating because more  people choke to death or driving cars because millions die driving ? 

too much money. boxing aint going anywhere.

27 days ago
7/28/02

No we should not expose the innocent to danger.  Food additives have been banned for that reason.  Like it or not, the government is there to protect us.

27 days ago
1/23/06
Lucas Maximus - 

No we should not expose the innocent to danger.  Food additives have been banned for that reason.  Like it or not, the government is there to protect us.

We're all born dying though.
27 days ago
7/28/02

People's choices and the economy will change.  Boxing is a dead sport like football.  Good riddance

27 days ago
7/28/02
CRE - 
Lucas Maximus - 

We're all born dying though.

So kill yourself?

27 days ago
11/9/18
CRE -

Exactly. Guys demanding I do the damn work for them just because they're ignorant about the statistics. Like I said, MMA/UFC does an amazing job marketing and making their sport seem like it's the most "brutal" & whatnot, but boxers suffer way more health wise. Night and day.

This may be true, but it's just a guess. We don't have the same amount of data to show longterm effects of MMA. Dementia Pugilistica is real, but we don't know yet if it soley is limited to pugilists.

The repeated trama due to the protection of headgear and padded gloves is what causes brain injury.

I would never let my two sons box. I called for the removal of headgear from amatuer boxing all over Maxboxing.com and Boxing Scene long before it was done. Probably 15 years prior.

However, i would let them play football as i believe that CTE is likely caused by guys who abuse steriods/drugs and suffer concussions, and not just by concussions alone. Maybe in 15 years, Will Smith will do a movie on it. ;)

12/28/14
Lucas Maximus -

People's choices and the economy will change.  Boxing is a dead sport like football.  Good riddance

Based on what?

Alcohol, shit food, tobacco, and cars kill more people then any sport. And they arent going to ban any of that.

Not sure why you think the government would ban boxing but let mcdonalds stay open 24/7 killing people left and right.

26 days ago
7/28/02

what i'm saying is that it will fade as people evolve their thinking about health, don't you see that happrening today in the economy?

24 days ago
12/28/14

Yes i see that happening all the time. Its not a new concept.

Thing is people dont care. And they arent going to start ever. Boxers, football players, etc all know about CTE. They still choose to do it. And will continue to do it.