UnderGround Forums Boxing: Lomachenko Vs Lopez 10/18/2020

11 days ago
4/22/09
TerrySilver -

According to Bob Arum there was no rematch clause 

Rematch clause or not, there’s money to be made doing it again. There’s going to be a rematch. 

11 days ago
3/4/18

I had it 7 - 5 too for Lopez.

Lomachenko came out real rusty. Probably would have helped if he threw a punch in the first six rounds haha.

11 days ago
7/16/08

I thought Lopez lost by one round, regardless it was a good fight. 

11 days ago
6/9/16
Smokestack -

I had it 7 - 5 too for Lopez.

Lomachenko came out real rusty. Probably would have helped if he threw a punch in the first six rounds haha.

Yeah, Loma built a really big deficit over the first half of the fight. He closed the gap but didn't do enough to win. Lopez showed real grit in the 12th. 

11 days ago
9/5/11

Lopez deserved to win and actually won. 

The myth is officially busted 

11 days ago
9/5/11
My4thaccount -
MojoSoDope -

Loma can't just give away 6 rounds like he did 

Yea wtd was that he threw like 30 punches total in those six rounds

He was opposed a more active and accurate jabber and couldn’t get inside early without eating straight shots and uppercuts. 

Credit goes to Lopez 

11 days ago
8/3/11
boxy -

RD 1: 10-9, Lopez.
RD 2: 10-9, Lopez.
RD 3: 10-9, Lopez.
RD 4: 10-9, Lopez.
RD 5: 10-9, Lopez.
RD 6: 10-9, Lopez.
RD 7: 10-9, Lopez.
RD 8: 10-9, Lomachenko.
RD 9: 10-9, Lopez.

89-82, Lopez.

Well, hello there female judge who had it 119-109 Lopez

11 days ago
1/12/05
Malvert the Janitor - 
My4thaccount -
MojoSoDope -

Loma can't just give away 6 rounds like he did 

Yea wtd was that he threw like 30 punches total in those six rounds

He was opposed a more active and accurate jabber and couldn’t get inside early without eating straight shots and uppercuts. 

Credit goes to Lopez 

Size and strength really mattered in this fight. Lopez was too big for Loma. Lopez's commitment to the jab and punishing Loma when he tried to get in range won him the fight comfortably.
11 days ago
1/30/10
dinkledorf -

I had it 6-6 more or less. Some very close rounds. 

If Loma had started to pull the trigger ealier he would have won. The later rounds showed who the more skilled boxer is.

Also I may be wrong but I thought Loma didn't look as shredded as usually, maybe had a tough camp.

Rematch please

Loma was actually very overweight during his time off ...I’ll try to find a picture I saw 

11 days ago
1/1/01

Lomachenko did absolutely nothing for almost the entire match. It was a lopsided win for Lopez.

It wasn't close or competitive, mostly because Lomachenko didn't engage. If you run and refuse to throw punches in a boxing match, you lose.

11 days ago
7/17/14
I'd love to see a rematch, but I don't think Loma can hang with lopez's tactics and power. Either he stays on the outside and gets picked apart, or he rushes in and lopez starts trading and hurts him. In the 12th round, lopez was tired and not putting full power behind his shots and was still hurting loma. If they hadn't stopped the fight at the end loma was on his way down.
11 days ago
7/27/04
Malvert the Janitor -

Lopez deserved to win and actually won. 

The myth is officially busted 

Salido busted the myth long time ago

11 days ago
12/30/12

7-5 Lopez. Lopez did a great job he showed all the skills and grit of a P4P fighter

And no just because Lomachenko lost it doesn’t mean he’s overrated that’s fucking retarded

11 days ago
12/8/12

Hot take....Loma was never going to win that fight even if he did....how else can you possibly score that 119-109....maybe Arum see more potential in Lopez and wants him to get the push....fuckin boxing....that bitch should be made to watch the fight with reporters and explain her scoring

11 days ago
12/8/12

Lopez 100% won the fight tho

11 days ago
3/19/04

I think that Loma lost in large part due to the size difference. Lopez hits really hard and looks like he's a weight c1ass bigger than Loma. I think Loma is the more skilled boxer and if they were the same size he wouldn't have had to respect Lopez's power as much and could have engaged him earlier. As it was, Loma made the calculated decision to wait until Lopez burned a little gas so that he didn't have his full power on his punches, before he went to work. The major problem with that was that it took six rounds before Loma engaged. Again, if they were the same size then I think Loma could have waded in sooner. Not taking anything away from Lopez. He has power, skill, and toughness.

11 days ago
7/27/04
Canooke -

I think that Loma lost in large part due to the size difference. Lopez hits really hard and looks like he's a weight c1ass bigger than Loma. I think Loma is the more skilled boxer and if they were the same size he wouldn't have had to respect Lopez's power as much and could have engaged him earlier. As it was, Loma made the calculated decision to wait until Lopez burned a little gas so that he didn't have his full power on his punches, before he went to work. The major problem with that was that it took six rounds before Loma engaged. Again, if they were the same size then I think Loma could have waded in sooner. Not taking anything away from Lopez. He has power, skill, and toughness.

Makes what Pacquiao has and is still doing just fucking impressive.

11 days ago
12/8/12
Canooke -

Lopez frame was about a 3rd bigger than Loma....Lopez has some wide shoulders 

11 days ago
3/19/04
Smilin like Rashad - 
Canooke -

That's what I saw too. It was a stark difference. Loma has a much narrower upper body frame. Lopez has an awesome structure/proportions. A broad and powerful looking torso. Loma just looked smaller. Sometimes one guy is thicker and more powerful while the other guy is taller and longer and each body type has its own advantages. That wasn't the case with Loma who looked like he was simply at a physical disadvantage. Not taking anything away from either guy, they were both impressive, but Loma looked like he belonged a weight c1ass down from Lopez. If they were equal size I don't think Loma has to respect Lopez's power to the same extent and that probably opens things up for Loma.

Just going off of memory but it wasn't just Lopez's width at the shoulders, his rib cage was bigger and he had good lats.

11 days ago
1/1/01

8-4 Lopez. 

11 days ago
12/8/12
Canooke -
Smilin like Rashad - 
Canooke -

That's what I saw too. It was a stark difference. Loma has a much narrower upper body frame. Lopez has an awesome structure/proportions. A broad and powerful looking torso. Loma just looked smaller. Sometimes one guy is thicker and more powerful while the other guy is taller and longer and each body type has its own advantages. That wasn't the case with Loma who looked like he was simply at a physical disadvantage. Not taking anything away from either guy, they were both impressive, but Loma looked like he belonged a weight c1ass down from Lopez. If they were equal size I don't think Loma has to respect Lopez's power to the same extent and that probably opens things up for Loma.

Just going off of memory but it wasn't just Lopez's width at the shoulders, his rib cage was bigger and he had good lats.

Can we both agree Loma had the better tan at least....Loma had a nice shade of Hulk Hogan workin

11 days ago
12/8/12

Lopez will probly fill out nicely to 147

11 days ago
3/19/04
Smilin like Rashad - 
Canooke -
Smilin like Rashad - 
Canooke -

Can we both agree Loma had the better tan at least....Loma had a nice shade of Hulk Hogan workin

And piercing blue eyes.

11 days ago
7/27/04
Smilin like Rashad -

Lopez will probly fill out nicely to 147

Beep!

11 days ago
1/12/05
Canooke - 
Smilin like Rashad - 
Canooke -

He looked two divisions bigger. Loma looked a little soft and sloppy.