UnderGround Forums Boxing: Lomachenko Vs Lopez 10/18/2020

10/18/20 5:07 PM
8/20/15

Seems like alot of Loma nuthuggers are seeing this fight for who they wanted to win instead of what actually happened. I was rooting for Loma, but when you lose the first 7 rounds due to inactivity it's hard to come back unless you get the KO. Lopez won 8/9 rounds easily. The first 7 for sure and definitely 12. I was so disappointed. What happened to that foot work?

10/18/20 7:17 PM
8/6/06
Robert Thomas -

Seems like alot of Loma nuthuggers are seeing this fight for who they wanted to win instead of what actually happened. I was rooting for Loma, but when you lose the first 7 rounds due to inactivity it's hard to come back unless you get the KO. Lopez won 8/9 rounds easily. The first 7 for sure and definitely 12. I was so disappointed. What happened to that foot work?

I don't see anybody but like 1 person scoring it for Loma. Everyone else either scored it 6-6 or 7-5 Lopez.

10/18/20 7:57 PM
1/1/01

If Loma was out of shape, which there is no excuse for, I'd imagine that a rematch could be more competitive. 

10/18/20 8:43 PM
1/30/10
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Robert Thomas -

I don't see anybody but like 1 person scoring it for Loma. Everyone else either scored it 6-6 or 7-5 Lopez.

Scoring it 6-6 is a bit ridiculous ...Lopez won a lopsided decision 

10/18/20 9:02 PM
9/27/15
Robert Thomas - 

I expected to see Loma using amazing footwork and to be very fast combination puncher. I really didn't see either. He started to throw combos in later rds but then started eating hard punches himself and was hurt in rd 12

Has Lome ever been really hurt and knocked down?
10/18/20 9:09 PM
8/6/06
dios -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Robert Thomas -

Scoring it 6-6 is a bit ridiculous ...Lopez won a lopsided decision 

Andre Ward had it 6-6. You're wrong.

10/18/20 9:21 PM
1/1/01
ons ear -
Robert Thomas - 

I expected to see Loma using amazing footwork and to be very fast combination puncher. I really didn't see either. He started to throw combos in later rds but then started eating hard punches himself and was hurt in rd 12

I could be wrong but I think it was Jorge Linares that scored a quick knockdown on him.

10/18/20 10:54 PM
12/20/08
Floppy Divac - 
ons ear -
Robert Thomas - 

I could be wrong but I think it was Jorge Linares that scored a quick knockdown on him.

He did, but that was a flash knockdown and Loma was caught off balance and squared up.
Edited: 10/18/20 11:06 PM
1/1/01
stillmatic -
Floppy Divac - 
ons ear -
Robert Thomas - 

He did, but that was a flash knockdown and Loma was caught off balance and squared up.

Agreed. Just saying it happened.