UnderGround Forums Brendan Schaub comedy special preview

4/30/19 12:32 PM
2/14/11

Looks to be the second coming of Carlin and Pryor 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw4ovUiniTo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qeb0rhvahhfv

4/30/19 12:34 PM
9/23/07
drawl
4/30/19 12:34 PM
3/20/12

good for fuckboy

4/30/19 12:39 PM
11/18/14

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

4/30/19 12:41 PM
2/14/11
mindless optimism -

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

Seems like he just tells stories that are supposed to be funny but I could be wrong. Why does he dress like a teenager btw? 

4/30/19 12:45 PM
10/26/05
Its the Super Ball of Comedy!
4/30/19 1:01 PM
3/20/12
TerrySilver - 
mindless optimism -

Seems like he just tells stories that are supposed to be funny but I could be wrong. Why does he dress like a teenager btw? 

cause he is living in a material world

and he is a material girl

4/30/19 9:01 PM
11/16/09
mindless optimism -

I think this is harsh on Rogan.

He's a solid B+/A- tier comedian. He's never approached the gold standard of his generation, he's a solid rung or two lower, but then, not everyone is Burr, C.K, Chapelle. 

I'll be the first to admit, most of his recent specials have been not very good, but his most recent one was pretty good IMO. Before that, the last special he had that was good IMO was Shiny Happy Jihad, in like 2004 or 2005 or something.

Shlub isn't even a comedian. He's a story teller. He tells stories that are supposed to be funny.

4/30/19 10:58 PM
2/19/11

Saw Schaub when I was in DC and I believe it was all new material, so for a guy only doing comedy for 3 years and using month(s) old material its not bad. Don't think he should have a special yet though. Even Callen can't get on Showtime, Netflix and he is way better.

4/30/19 11:07 PM
2/14/11

Wonder how many comedians hate schaub because he’s moving up so fast with shitty material and hasn’t paid dues

4/30/19 11:25 PM
4/25/11
TerrySilver -

Wonder how many comedians hate schaub because he’s moving up so fast with shitty material and hasn’t paid dues

This and I wonder how many don’t say anything cause they wanna kiss rogan’s ass. 

4/30/19 11:43 PM
1/1/01

The sad/happy thing is that there are many idiotic morons that really idolize Schaub and will eat up this low minded stuff. Most comics and level headed people will recognize it as poor comedy, Schaub will still get a lot of love from his fans. Amy Schumer and many others have never made me even grin one time and they have huge followings. I think 75 will hate it, 15% will be meh, and 10% will be in live with it. He’ll get another special and book even more venues following this because of his loyal minority following. Good for him, bad for most of us, sort of.

4/30/19 11:49 PM
8/2/11

Will not watch. Even if it is an emergency 

5/1/19 12:38 AM
7/8/17
Jump Kick -

The sad/happy thing is that there are many idiotic morons that really idolize Schaub and will eat up this low minded stuff. Most comics and level headed people will recognize it as poor comedy, Schaub will still get a lot of love from his fans. Amy Schumer and many others have never made me even grin one time and they have huge followings. I think 75 will hate it, 15% will be meh, and 10% will be in live with it. He’ll get another special and book even more venues following this because of his loyal minority following. Good for him, bad for most of us, sort of.

Bruh how does it effect you if he is successful? Why is it bad for you? 

5/1/19 1:13 AM
1/1/01
coryscandy -
Jump Kick -

Bruh how does it effect you if he is successful? Why is it bad for you? 

I said sort of because of your point, however the more successful he is the more he will be in the mma space that I tune into which is a negative. For instance Theo Von is the man and I have to listen to Schaub due to his success just to listen to theo’s output these days.

5/1/19 1:25 AM
1/1/01

No thanks

5/1/19 1:29 AM
11/16/17

It's a fucking gunshot in the mouth of real comedy..........rogan and callen should me ashamed putting this HACK up

5/1/19 1:35 AM
11/16/17

Now im a hater...not rich as shit.......for sure 134%

The fighter and the kid was hilarious  I bought TFATK 3D. the dare thing is hilarious.

Bryan thinks he's smarter than he is and Brendan is a moron with way too much confidence 

5/1/19 2:02 AM
11/18/14
Osbot -
mindless optimism -

I think this is harsh on Rogan.

He's a solid B+/A- tier comedian. He's never approached the gold standard of his generation, he's a solid rung or two lower, but then, not everyone is Burr, C.K, Chapelle. 

I'll be the first to admit, most of his recent specials have been not very good, but his most recent one was pretty good IMO. Before that, the last special he had that was good IMO was Shiny Happy Jihad, in like 2004 or 2005 or something.

Shlub isn't even a comedian. He's a story teller. He tells stories that are supposed to be funny.

i'm not saying he doesn't get laughs, he just thinks he's a fucking meta-comedian, but he should stick to simple gags, pointing at a clear butt of the joke, and steering his audience to laugh at their expense.

how he could be friends with Russell Brand and not notice there's something missing from his comedic mindset, it's amazing in a really bad way.

5/1/19 2:19 AM
7/21/18

Showtime sure loves this guy. Does he write his own material or is it one of his many comedian friends?

5/1/19 2:37 AM
7/4/12

Never got the hate around this guy. He’s fucking funny.

5/1/19 3:16 AM
9/29/18
dwhy83 -

You are retard yes?

5/1/19 4:17 AM
2/15/14

Richard Pryor is rolling over in his grave laughing at that gay ass outfit. You did it, Brendan! 

5/1/19 5:32 AM
10/24/14
Sackick -
dwhy83 -

You are retard yes?

Lmao 

5/1/19 5:34 AM
10/24/14
mindless optimism -

I’m not a fan of Joes Stand up but the guy is a legit comedian. 20+ years of grinding, working his way up from the bottom, from the shit little stages to the bright lights. The guy had payed us dues and had earned his success. Brendan was given a pass to the prime time from his comedian Freinds. I bet in the comedy world a lot of people lost huge respect for Joe and Bryan for letting a hack like Brendan worm his way in.