UnderGround Forums Brendan Schaub comedy special preview

5/1/19 6:46 AM
2/9/09

Here come the haters.

5/1/19 6:49 AM
12/24/10

They should play that in Guantanamo Bay to extract information from terrorists. Fucking awful

5/1/19 6:52 AM
12/18/15

Why the fuck would a grown man dress like that.

5/1/19 6:58 AM
11/30/10

The penguin joke was funny tbh

5/1/19 7:06 AM
9/24/09
Osbot -
mindless optimism -

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

I think this is harsh on Rogan.

He's a solid B+/A- tier comedian. He's never approached the gold standard of his generation, he's a solid rung or two lower, but then, not everyone is Burr, C.K, Chapelle. 

I'll be the first to admit, most of his recent specials have been not very good, but his most recent one was pretty good IMO. Before that, the last special he had that was good IMO was Shiny Happy Jihad, in like 2004 or 2005 or something.

Shlub isn't even a comedian. He's a story teller. He tells stories that are supposed to be funny.

I agree with everything you said. Vote up. 

5/1/19 8:00 AM
11/18/14
stringtheory -
mindless optimism -

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

I’m not a fan of Joes Stand up but the guy is a legit comedian. 20+ years of grinding, working his way up from the bottom, from the shit little stages to the bright lights. The guy had payed us dues and had earned his success. Brendan was given a pass to the prime time from his comedian Freinds. I bet in the comedy world a lot of people lost huge respect for Joe and Bryan for letting a hack like Brendan worm his way in.

I get it, he has worked at being a better shouty comic. the fact is that real comedians who genuinely understand their art, would be embarrassed to comment on his style. Russell Brand did it as subtly as possible by saying his style of act would not be a good follow up to a Joey Diaz set. 

no shit. The comic currency in the hands of joey diaz is saying the word 'balls' in a heavy accent and telling a story about a prostitute his mother used to know.

i am not saying it isn't funny to some people. there are simpletons out there who love shouty, story-telling stand ups. but those acts should not imagine they are artistes. fucks sake.

5/1/19 9:18 AM
6/20/11

Too soon for a special but good on him for getting it, I assume this is 15 mins or 30?

5/1/19 10:03 AM
1/6/19
Jump Kick -

The sad/happy thing is that there are many idiotic morons that really idolize Schaub and will eat up this low minded stuff. Most comics and level headed people will recognize it as poor comedy, Schaub will still get a lot of love from his fans. Amy Schumer and many others have never made me even grin one time and they have huge followings. I think 75 will hate it, 15% will be meh, and 10% will be in live with it. He’ll get another special and book even more venues following this because of his loyal minority following. Good for him, bad for most of us, sort of.

spot on

5/1/19 10:33 AM
2/14/11

So does schaub go and headline tours now or does he open for people? If he headlines who are his openers ?

Edited: 5/1/19 10:39 AM
4/19/19

5/1/19 10:43 AM
5/22/12
mindless optimism -
stringtheory -
mindless optimism -

I’m not a fan of Joes Stand up but the guy is a legit comedian. 20+ years of grinding, working his way up from the bottom, from the shit little stages to the bright lights. The guy had payed us dues and had earned his success. Brendan was given a pass to the prime time from his comedian Freinds. I bet in the comedy world a lot of people lost huge respect for Joe and Bryan for letting a hack like Brendan worm his way in.

I get it, he has worked at being a better shouty comic. the fact is that real comedians who genuinely understand their art, would be embarrassed to comment on his style. Russell Brand did it as subtly as possible by saying his style of act would not be a good follow up to a Joey Diaz set. 

no shit. The comic currency in the hands of joey diaz is saying the word 'balls' in a heavy accent and telling a story about a prostitute his mother used to know.

i am not saying it isn't funny to some people. there are simpletons out there who love shouty, story-telling stand ups. but those acts should not imagine they are artistes. fucks sake.

The fact you’ve used Stewart lee and Russell brand as top tier guys let’s me know you think your shit don’t stink. Both those guys aren’t funny to me, and before you try say I’m defending anyone, I also don’t find joey Diaz or joe rogan funny.

5/1/19 11:13 AM
12/29/18

Bunch of losers in here crying about another guys success

5/1/19 11:36 AM
8/20/03
I'll wait to see the show before I make a decision.
5/1/19 11:54 AM
1/1/01
I think Schaub is a pretty funny guy (funnier than a lot of the comedians he podcasts with) but not sure he's ready for a full 1 hour special. That promo doesn't look very good, but good for him at being successful in many things in life.
5/1/19 12:37 PM
6/27/02

I like Shaub more when he’s not with Joe Rogan... he’s really embarrassing around him the way he tries to act like every view he has on anything is EXACTLY the same as Joe’s. 

5/1/19 12:44 PM
8/3/12
MikeHunt36 -
TerrySilver -

Wonder how many comedians hate schaub because he’s moving up so fast with shitty material and hasn’t paid dues

This and I wonder how many don’t say anything cause they wanna kiss rogan’s ass. 

100% this, none of them say shit because they all want to be on the podcast.  Behind their backs I'm sure they do

5/1/19 1:29 PM
8/11/16

None of you people are funny. You are all cunts. 

5/1/19 2:06 PM
8/3/12

The YouTube comments are great

5/1/19 2:55 PM
5/4/16

This is what happens when you surround yourself with yes men. He’s protected by the comedy mafia in Los Angeles. His standup is awful, which it should be when you’re that new to the game. This is Rogan, Callen, and all of their faults. They’re setting him up for embarrassment. This special will expose his horrible standup worse than Travis Browne did.

5/1/19 3:05 PM
7/10/09

Good for him on his success, not my cup of tea but I'll give it a gander.

5/1/19 3:42 PM
10/11/18

Lol inn

5/1/19 3:57 PM
1/1/01

Has anyone seen Redban stand up? I just can’t imagine he’s good. He’s been doing it for a while now but even on Kill Tony, he’s not good.

5/1/19 4:24 PM
10/27/03
FanBoyBro -

This is what happens when you surround yourself with yes men. He’s protected by the comedy mafia in Los Angeles. His standup is awful, which it should be when you’re that new to the game. This is Rogan, Callen, and all of their faults. They’re setting him up for embarrassment. This special will expose his horrible standup worse than Travis Browne did.

I’m sure it won’t be worse than half the specials on Netflix.

5/1/19 6:24 PM
1/1/01

I quit the JRE because he got so annoying. I now listen to one or two a month if the guest is really good. I’m listening to the Anthony Jeselnek one now and it’s preposterous how Joe fake bursts out laughing at his own comments every few minutes. No wonder Schaub does it too.

5/1/19 6:44 PM
9/12/10
absolutesperry -

Has anyone seen Redban stand up? I just can’t imagine he’s good. He’s been doing it for a while now but even on Kill Tony, he’s not good.

I went to a Rogan show about 3 years ago and Redban warmed up the crowd. I was surprised with the amount of applause he got. Honestly wasn't terrible. That was only like 10 minutes though.