UnderGround Forums Brendan Schaub comedy special preview

5/9/19 6:26 PM
5/4/16

Look at the comedic journey that Joey Diaz has put Lee Syatt on. Lee is grinding out here, he’s going to mics, he’s doing bar shows, he’s putting in his dues. It’s showing, he’s getting better and better.

Why Callen and Rogan have let Schaub do this after only three years is beyond me. It’s going to be awful. His “This is not happening” story was awful. It was just a quick way for him to brag and say he’s on Comedy Central. 

Schaub has never done a single open mic. He’s never been bumped, he takes features out with him who wipe the stage with him. It’s a joke and a slap in the face to comedy. 

He’s protected though and the comedians he’s surrounded by will let him ride this 15 minutes out. Trust me though, there’s comedians out here who are waiting on this to be released so it can be a lesson to comics not to do specials this fast in your career.

5/9/19 6:37 PM
8/3/12
FanBoyBro -

Look at the comedic journey that Joey Diaz has put Lee Syatt on. Lee is grinding out here, he’s going to mics, he’s doing bar shows, he’s putting in his dues. It’s showing, he’s getting better and better.

Why Callen and Rogan have let Schaub do this after only three years is beyond me. It’s going to be awful. His “This is not happening” story was awful. It was just a quick way for him to brag and say he’s on Comedy Central. 

Schaub has never done a single open mic. He’s never been bumped, he takes features out with him who wipe the stage with him. It’s a joke and a slap in the face to comedy. 

He’s protected though and the comedians he’s surrounded by will let him ride this 15 minutes out. Trust me though, there’s comedians out here who are waiting on this to be released so it can be a lesson to comics not to do specials this fast in your career.

Aside from Rogan and Callen, I imagine all the other long time comedians who have paid their dues talk shit about this bozo behind his back.  They wont say it publicy of course, because they all need to be friendly with Rogan because his podcast is good exposure.

5/9/19 11:31 PM
2/29/16

I'm going to try to watch it.

5/9/19 11:58 PM
11/9/18
TerrySilver -

Here’s his intro 

That is embarrassing.

5/10/19 6:25 AM
1/7/13

I don’t mind him doing comedy it’s just the fact he thinks he’s above people now and isn’t humble at all, considering the help hes got,

5/10/19 6:34 AM
8/2/11
MM8 -
TerrySilver -

Here’s his intro 

That is embarrassing.

He’s an even worse actor than he is a comedian. Fucking asshat

5/10/19 7:34 AM
8/4/06
Fern 10th Planet -
FanBoyBro -

Aside from Rogan and Callen, I imagine all the other long time comedians who have paid their dues talk shit about this bozo behind his back.  They wont say it publicy of course, because they all need to be friendly with Rogan because his podcast is good exposure.

IIRC both Schaub and Joe have acknowledged that a lot of comedians talk shit about him. 

5/10/19 2:14 PM
10/24/14
MM8 -
TerrySilver -

Here’s his intro 

That is embarrassing.

Oh my god. That is truly fucking dreadful, like shockingly bad. Hahahahaha 

5/10/19 3:00 PM
5/1/14
Fern 10th Planet -
Thuggnificent -
absolutesperry -

Has anyone seen Redban stand up? I just can’t imagine he’s good. He’s been doing it for a while now but even on Kill Tony, he’s not good.

Assume it just him watching other peoples videos and trying to make commentary while dropping in the word butthole and olive garden every other sentence. Redban is still a step up above Schaub entertainment wise. Schaub's comedy is limited to quotes from early 2000s movies (that rogan hasnt seen so he thinks Schaub is a genious) and borrowing manerisms from his more talented friends

*slaps mic on leg*

I fucking hate when they do that.

5/10/19 3:26 PM
1/1/01
WWBRD -

So he just threw callen, Rogan, delia, and pat mcafee in a toilet and flushed. Poster boy for dunning - Kruger 

Details?

5/10/19 5:30 PM
2/15/14

I was reading comments on Bryan Callen’s IG. Holy shit people are shitting all over Brandon. 

“He’s the king of the Cawlmedy Store” 

5/11/19 12:29 AM
4/16/11
Jump Kick -
WWBRD -

So he just threw callen, Rogan, delia, and pat mcafee in a toilet and flushed. Poster boy for dunning - Kruger 

Details?

Which part my man? The Dunning-Kruger Effect Is when People Think They're Great Even When Theyre Terrible. Dunning Kruger effect. Most of his stuff from his podcasts comes from barstool sports and I’ve heard at least three times where he’s copied Pat McAfee. He’s a human Lamprey. I honestly applaud him for it because I don’t know why he still has any followers or fans I deleted his shit last time I heard him say a word for word “from Pat McAfee when he was still at barstool. Current events? What are we fucking in the third grade? Good way to kill 30 to 45 minutes though

5/11/19 3:20 AM
3/6/14

moat comedy is bullshit anyway.

5/11/19 3:41 AM
4/16/11
ironbelly -

moat comedy is bullshit anyway.

Like about castles and drawbridges and shit?

5/11/19 6:24 AM
9/24/12
mindless optimism -
stringtheory -
mindless optimism -

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

I’m not a fan of Joes Stand up but the guy is a legit comedian. 20+ years of grinding, working his way up from the bottom, from the shit little stages to the bright lights. The guy had payed us dues and had earned his success. Brendan was given a pass to the prime time from his comedian Freinds. I bet in the comedy world a lot of people lost huge respect for Joe and Bryan for letting a hack like Brendan worm his way in.

I get it, he has worked at being a better shouty comic. the fact is that real comedians who genuinely understand their art, would be embarrassed to comment on his style. Russell Brand did it as subtly as possible by saying his style of act would not be a good follow up to a Joey Diaz set. 

no shit. The comic currency in the hands of joey diaz is saying the word 'balls' in a heavy accent and telling a story about a prostitute his mother used to know.

i am not saying it isn't funny to some people. there are simpletons out there who love shouty, story-telling stand ups. but those acts should not imagine they are artistes. fucks sake.

So by your stanstand Sam Kinison wasn't any good ?

5/12/19 9:20 AM
10/12/03
Johnzandt - 
mindless optimism -
stringtheory -
mindless optimism -

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

I’m not a fan of Joes Stand up but the guy is a legit comedian. 20+ years of grinding, working his way up from the bottom, from the shit little stages to the bright lights. The guy had payed us dues and had earned his success. Brendan was given a pass to the prime time from his comedian Freinds. I bet in the comedy world a lot of people lost huge respect for Joe and Bryan for letting a hack like Brendan worm his way in.

I get it, he has worked at being a better shouty comic. the fact is that real comedians who genuinely understand their art, would be embarrassed to comment on his style. Russell Brand did it as subtly as possible by saying his style of act would not be a good follow up to a Joey Diaz set. 

no shit. The comic currency in the hands of joey diaz is saying the word 'balls' in a heavy accent and telling a story about a prostitute his mother used to know.

i am not saying it isn't funny to some people. there are simpletons out there who love shouty, story-telling stand ups. but those acts should not imagine they are artistes. fucks sake.

So by your stanstand Sam Kinison wasn't any good ?

He doesn't seem to want to answer, but I will.

Sam Kinison was funny as heck. Those who try to copy him as hacks are not funny. Sam owned it, those who try to emulate him are just lack-luster copycats.
5/13/19 12:27 AM
9/23/07
Otlwgt - 
MM8 - 
TerrySilver -

Here’s his intro 

That is embarrassing.

I didnt understand what was happening in that video.. I didnt laugh once..

Schuab dressed like a woman.. Dave Chappelle had some opinions regarding that..

Schuab is paying his "dues" to get where he is if you know what I mean.. Nothing is free..

Wuuf
5/16/19 2:30 PM
8/3/12

This bozo's special is out tomorrow...

The over/under mark is Amy Schumer's 2017 special rating of 2.9/10 on IMDB

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6616074/

I'd guess it'll settle around 4.2/10 after a few Rogan podcasts of Joe hyping it up.

5/17/19 1:11 AM
2/15/14
Fern 10th Planet -

I'd guess it'll settle around 4.2/10 after a few Rogan podcasts of Joe hyping it up.

All the haters will tune in and the ratings will be great, and the network will demand a follow up immediately. 

5/17/19 6:22 AM
1/1/01
WWBRD -
Jump Kick -
WWBRD -

Details?

Which part my man? The Dunning-Kruger Effect Is when People Think They're Great Even When Theyre Terrible. Dunning Kruger effect. Most of his stuff from his podcasts comes from barstool sports and I’ve heard at least three times where he’s copied Pat McAfee. He’s a human Lamprey. I honestly applaud him for it because I don’t know why he still has any followers or fans I deleted his shit last time I heard him say a word for word “from Pat McAfee when he was still at barstool. Current events? What are we fucking in the third grade? Good way to kill 30 to 45 minutes though

Details of how he threw those guys in a toilet and flushed.

Edited: 5/17/19 9:57 AM
1/1/01

On the latest king and the sting, Brendon shits on his own comedy career, joking about how he’s a hack and steals Theo’s jokes (I forget the actual language but it’s near the end of the episode) and Theo just simply agrees. Classic sound bite if anyone can find it.

5/17/19 11:45 AM
8/3/12
Toiletclogger -
Fern 10th Planet -

All the haters will tune in and the ratings will be great, and the network will demand a follow up immediately. 

Haha yeah maybe

5/17/19 11:46 AM
2/29/16

Got the DVR set. 

5/17/19 1:31 PM
1/3/17

This is already available if you know where to look. I made it 10 mins in, its certainly not for me but I wish him success.

Edited: 5/17/19 1:46 PM
4/16/13