UnderGround Forums Brendan Schaub comedy special preview

5/17/19 2:24 PM
6/19/12
Jump Kick -

On the latest king and the sting, Brendon shits on his own comedy career, joking about how he’s a hack and steals Theo’s jokes (I forget the actual language but it’s near the end of the episode) and Theo just simply agrees. Classic sound bite if anyone can find it.

Lol I just listened to that, and you made quite a stretch.

They were joking about Tupac and Biggie and how P-Diddy was always just showing up in Biggie's videos. Then Brendan said Theo was Biggie while he was the P-Diddy of comedy showing up in a jumpsuit having no business being there. And they both laughed and moved on.

5/17/19 3:24 PM
9/23/07
RonaldRaygun - 

Um pretty bland.
5/17/19 6:33 PM
9/12/10
mindless optimism -
stringtheory -
mindless optimism -

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

I’m not a fan of Joes Stand up but the guy is a legit comedian. 20+ years of grinding, working his way up from the bottom, from the shit little stages to the bright lights. The guy had payed us dues and had earned his success. Brendan was given a pass to the prime time from his comedian Freinds. I bet in the comedy world a lot of people lost huge respect for Joe and Bryan for letting a hack like Brendan worm his way in.

I get it, he has worked at being a better shouty comic. the fact is that real comedians who genuinely understand their art, would be embarrassed to comment on his style. Russell Brand did it as subtly as possible by saying his style of act would not be a good follow up to a Joey Diaz set. 

no shit. The comic currency in the hands of joey diaz is saying the word 'balls' in a heavy accent and telling a story about a prostitute his mother used to know.

i am not saying it isn't funny to some people. there are simpletons out there who love shouty, story-telling stand ups. but those acts should not imagine they are artistes. fucks sake.

If Russell Brand is your comedy measuring stick you’re either British or retarded or both.

5/17/19 6:37 PM
4/16/13
The Loge -
mindless optimism -
stringtheory -
mindless optimism -

is his stuff real comedy, or just agressive rabble-rousing like his mentor? joe cracks me up when he talks like he's a serious stand up. they should both watch a bit of Stewart Lee and realise they are just dogs barking, by comparison 

I’m not a fan of Joes Stand up but the guy is a legit comedian. 20+ years of grinding, working his way up from the bottom, from the shit little stages to the bright lights. The guy had payed us dues and had earned his success. Brendan was given a pass to the prime time from his comedian Freinds. I bet in the comedy world a lot of people lost huge respect for Joe and Bryan for letting a hack like Brendan worm his way in.

I get it, he has worked at being a better shouty comic. the fact is that real comedians who genuinely understand their art, would be embarrassed to comment on his style. Russell Brand did it as subtly as possible by saying his style of act would not be a good follow up to a Joey Diaz set. 

no shit. The comic currency in the hands of joey diaz is saying the word 'balls' in a heavy accent and telling a story about a prostitute his mother used to know.

i am not saying it isn't funny to some people. there are simpletons out there who love shouty, story-telling stand ups. but those acts should not imagine they are artistes. fucks sake.

If Russell Brand is your comedy measuring stick you’re either British or retarded or both.

He actually had me on his side until he brings Brand up as his example of a good comic. I don't even hate the guy, I like Russel Brand in interviews and think he's a sharp and witty guy in conversation. His stand-up is borderline unwatcheable.

5/17/19 8:37 PM
4/16/11
Jump Kick -
WWBRD -
Jump Kick -
WWBRD -

So he just threw callen, Rogan, delia, and pat mcafee in a toilet and flushed. Poster boy for dunning - Kruger 

Details?

Which part my man? The Dunning-Kruger Effect Is when People Think They're Great Even When Theyre Terrible. Dunning Kruger effect. Most of his stuff from his podcasts comes from barstool sports and I’ve heard at least three times where he’s copied Pat McAfee. He’s a human Lamprey. I honestly applaud him for it because I don’t know why he still has any followers or fans I deleted his shit last time I heard him say a word for word “from Pat McAfee when he was still at barstool. Current events? What are we fucking in the third grade? Good way to kill 30 to 45 minutes though

Details of how he threw those guys in a toilet and flushed.

What I mean is he takes bits and pieces from everyone of those guys and just clumps them all together and uses them on stage but way worse

5/17/19 8:46 PM
4/16/11
RonaldRaygun -

So he used part of a Joey Diaz story and also an Eddie bravo one and did them terribly. Oh Brenda. Brenda Brenda Brenda. 

5/17/19 9:45 PM
3/13/02

Lol listen to all of you envious, insecure, miserable sacks of dog shit mad mouth a guy for being successful. This is why Rogan doesnt come here anymore. Nothing but insecure losers taking shots of guys who are way above them. Basically the trash Rogan vents about on his podcasts. He might as well have named this place while doing it. 

5/17/19 9:48 PM
4/16/13
FloridaStriker -

Lol listen to all of you envious, insecure, miserable sacks of dog shit mad mouth a guy for being successful. This is why Rogan doesnt come here anymore. Nothing but insecure losers taking shots of guys who are way above them. Basically the trash Rogan vents about on his podcasts. He might as well have named this place while doing it. 

It's OK Brendan. Joe still loves you and THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!

5/18/19 12:58 AM
2/15/14

You guys going to the Cawlmedy Store this weekend?

5/18/19 1:08 AM
2/29/16

Watching now.

Sounds very similar to how he acts on podcasts.

5/18/19 1:09 AM
2/29/16
Otlwgt - I think Joe Rogan is a horrible stand up comedian.. Ive never laughed.. Ive cringed if anything.. I reckon he is very successful at standup comedy so Im in the minority of haters..

I think Rogan flat out sucks at comedy...

I saw Rogan in person and he's not for everybody. I didn't care for his act myself but he has a big following in comedy.

5/18/19 1:19 AM
1/6/10
Osbot -
mindless optimism -

I think this is harsh on Rogan.

He's a solid B+/A- tier comedian. He's never approached the gold standard of his generation, he's a solid rung or two lower, but then, not everyone is Burr, C.K, Chapelle. 

I'll be the first to admit, most of his recent specials have been not very good, but his most recent one was pretty good IMO. Before that, the last special he had that was good IMO was Shiny Happy Jihad, in like 2004 or 2005 or something.

Shlub isn't even a comedian. He's a story teller. He tells stories that are supposed to be funny.

Agreed. And the one you mentioned was my personal favorite special as well 

5/18/19 9:19 AM
5/9/06
RonaldRaygun -

Is that from the special?

it was ok but I’ve laughed more at other things he’s done on the podcast 

5/18/19 9:47 AM
2/29/16

Schaub looked pretty chubby.

With all the travelling he does now I imagine it's hard for him to stay in shape.

5/18/19 11:23 AM
8/3/11
Mandible_Claw -

Schaub looked pretty chubby.

With all the travelling he does now I imagine it's hard for him to stay in shape.

Or with all the weed he smokes it's hard for him to resist munchies?

5/18/19 11:24 AM
11/12/07

rogan has an intellectual touch to some of his routines.. not carlin level but in the vain of carlin. he makes you think. schaub is .... a good mma podcaster. 

5/18/19 11:30 AM
2/29/16

I could see him on a cheesy sitcom.

5/18/19 11:31 AM
6/20/13

Crazy to see Shaub consistently out-verbalizing and outwitting Theo Von on their new podcast “The King and the Sting”. 

Never thought I would see Schaub not only hold his own but outshine Theo consistently.

5/18/19 11:39 AM
2/12/05

I liked his show. 

5/18/19 11:43 AM
8/3/12
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

Crazy to see Shaub consistently out-verbalizing and outwitting Theo Von on their new podcast “The King and the Sting”. 

Never thought I would see Schaub not only hold his own but outshine Theo consistently.

I didn't know Brandon had an account here, get this man a green name! 

5/18/19 4:01 PM
7/18/11

wow
5/18/19 4:51 PM
4/16/13
God Of Thunder -
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

I’ve listened to most of the podcasts at work and you have it completely backwards. Or you are just trolling us 

Obvious troll. Different strokes for different folks but it's actually IMPOSSIBLE for someone to think Brandan Schaub has ever outshined Theo Von on their podcast. Theo Von carries Brandon show after show. I've noticed Looney Paultard seems to have been dipping his toe into the troll waters over the last couple weeks.

5/18/19 6:52 PM
4/16/11
SickEye -

wow

Yikes.  Almost feel sorry for the guy.......Almost.

5/18/19 7:37 PM
5/9/06

Ouch the rotten tomatoes reviews are pretty rough

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brendan_schaub_youd_be_surprised/reviews/?type=user&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

5/18/19 7:50 PM
11/24/18

Lol I wonder if schaub going to address the reviews on his next podcast.