UnderGround Forums Brendan Schaub comedy special preview

30 days ago
4/16/13
God Of Thunder -
Looney Ronulan Paultard -

Crazy to see Shaub consistently out-verbalizing and outwitting Theo Von on their new podcast “The King and the Sting”. 

Never thought I would see Schaub not only hold his own but outshine Theo consistently.

I’ve listened to most of the podcasts at work and you have it completely backwards. Or you are just trolling us 

Obvious troll. Different strokes for different folks but it's actually IMPOSSIBLE for someone to think Brandan Schaub has ever outshined Theo Von on their podcast. Theo Von carries Brandon show after show. I've noticed Looney Paultard seems to have been dipping his toe into the troll waters over the last couple weeks.

30 days ago
4/16/11
SickEye -

wow

Yikes.  Almost feel sorry for the guy.......Almost.

30 days ago
5/9/06

Ouch the rotten tomatoes reviews are pretty rough

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brendan_schaub_youd_be_surprised/reviews/?type=user&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

30 days ago
11/24/18

Lol I wonder if schaub going to address the reviews on his next podcast. 

30 days ago
5/9/06

He does have a lot of haters, so he may dismiss a lot of it.

i got it on the dvr and will watch for myself later tonight. I want it to be good. 

30 days ago
8/3/12
Morgz -

i got it on the dvr and will watch for myself later tonight. I want it to be good. 

Check back in with your honest opinion

30 days ago
2/14/11

I think Brendan wearing a dress in the intro scene is a signal to Hollywood execs that he’s down to do whatever they want him to do. Just put it on now and so far it’s very corny but I def think there’s a market for this type of low iq bro comedy I think he’s gonna be successful for years in comedy 

30 days ago
8/3/12
SickEye -

wow

Well he's currently rockin a solid 2.6/10 compared to Amy Schumer's 2017 special rating of 2.9/10.  

With 25 of the 180 current votes 10/10, I'm guessing those votes are from the likes of Rogan, Young Jamie, Callen, etc..

30 days ago
6/27/18
Fern 10th Planet - 
SickEye -

wow

Well he's currently rockin a solid 2.6/10 compared to Amy Schumer's 2017 special rating of 2.9/10.  

With 25 of the 180 current votes 10/10, I'm guessing those votes are from the likes of Rogan, Young Jamie, Callen, etc..

He's being brigaded.

It's the same thing as Yelp bombing where people post bad reviews of a restaurant or other business because of some news story or social media thing.

Louis CK stuff has low iMDB ratings too because of that #MeToo shit.

30 days ago
8/3/12
TequilaYuen -
Fern 10th Planet - 
SickEye -

wow

He's being brigaded.

It's the same thing as Yelp bombing where people post bad reviews of a restaurant or other business because of some news story or social media thing.

There might be some haters voting 1, also his buddies voting it a 10.. . But it is legit terrible and unfunny though, read the rotten tomato comments. 

30 days ago
8/3/11
Morgz -

Ouch the rotten tomatoes reviews are pretty rough

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/brendan_schaub_youd_be_surprised/reviews/?type=user&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

"Came on stage looking like a Bowling Pin dressed as Sir Elton John. "

lol

30 days ago
8/3/11

"I'll telling you what this was. A big brown f***in' turd"

ouch

30 days ago
6/27/02
touch -

"I'll telling you what this was. A big brown f***in' turd"

ouch

Keep reading through all of them... a couple had me crying lol 

30 days ago
6/27/18
Fern 10th Planet -
TequilaYuen -
Fern 10th Planet - 
SickEye -

wow

He's being brigaded.

There might be some haters voting 1, also his buddies voting it a 10.. . But it is legit terrible and unfunny though, read the rotten tomato comments. 

These are not honest reviews. This is a brigade. Like a Twitter mob or downvotes on reddit. People indulging their antipathy. The comments barely talk about content, they just slam Brendan.

Brendan’s special may not be any good. But 75 per cent of responses being the absolute lowest rating possible? That’s brigading.

I’m not even a Brendan Schaub fan. I don’t listen to his podcasts, I don’t watch his show - I only hear him through JRE. I don’t care about him.

But I know unhealthy online negativity when I see it.

30 days ago
10/8/07

I don't think I've turned off a comedy special faster.

29 days ago
10/16/18

It's 100 percent the tfatk subreddit. It is solely based on hating him and is the saddest thing I have ever seen. 8500 people spending all there time going through everything he does trying to find reasons to hate him. These aren't legit reviews

29 days ago
1/1/01

I saw Brendon live when he first started doing the live TFATK a few years back and thought he was pretty decent. I was honestly pulling for him in this special, hoping he would be good. It was a low rent disaster. Very low IQ Babboon shit from a first timer. It shouldn’t be called a special, legitimately terrible. And fuck the people calling his critics haters, that schtick is old and worn out by the likes of Rogan and Schaub who can’t handle criticism. We are fans of the sport and comment honestly on shit related to it, deal with it.

29 days ago
6/20/11
Jamie nove -

It's 100 percent the tfatk subreddit. It is solely based on hating him and is the saddest thing I have ever seen. 8500 people spending all there time going through everything he does trying to find reasons to hate him. These aren't legit reviews

So the subreddit of his show hates him?

29 days ago
10/16/18
shaqitup -
Jamie nove -

So the subreddit of his show hates him?

The whole subreddit pretty much exists to hate him. Its weird

29 days ago
11/28/03

18 minutes in, havent been close to a lol

cool that he makes fun of himself, and knows he looks like an asshole

its easier to hear him than see him while hearing him

i just wanna turn it off

29 days ago
6/28/16

The rotten Tomatoes reviews are interesting. There are a few 4 star reviews that talk about how hard he has worked to get to a special, and the rest are 1/2 stars, that are really harsh. One in particular went: “I am a Holocaust survivor, and this special is the worst thing I’ve ever been through.”

29 days ago
5/9/06
Fern 10th Planet -
Morgz -

Check back in with your honest opinion

Ok. I didn’t make it all the way through because I was tired, not because of the content. 

Honestly, my opinion, it’s “ok”. On the positive side, he is a good story teller, he’s energetic, and engaging. On the negative side, the material just isn’t super funny. It’s ok, but it’s also a lot of re hashed, self deprecating stuff that I’m thinking most of us have heard, or could predict the punch line. 

I did chuckle a few times, but so far, no lol moments. I don’t want to be another negative review piling on. Like I said before, I want it to be good. I have seen worse, but it isn’t great either. 

If I were to agree with any of the reviews posted so far, it would be the ones who say “too soon”. I respect Brendon for getting out there and landing a big special like that, but I can’t help but think it would be much better with a few years more experience. 

29 days ago
2/15/14
MuayThaiorDie -

Lol I wonder if schaub going to address the reviews on his next podcast. 

Haha, he is so fucking delusional... no. He’ll rant about all the praise he’s getting. 

Edited: 29 days ago
10/12/03
DJ Spazzy Dad - 

The rotten Tomatoes reviews are interesting. There are a few 4 star reviews that talk about how hard he has worked to get to a special, and the rest are 1/2 stars, that are really harsh. One in particular went: "I am a Holocaust survivor, and this special is the worst thing I've ever been through."

The other stand out comment was "i thought it was some make a wish shit"

Ouch!

Now to be as fair as anyone can be, each comment is subjective analysis, but by an objective measure you can look at the empirical statistical evidence and say that the vast majority of people do not find him funny.

You can also look at the people that rate him highly and that they are calling him "Big Brown", which is some inside term, and so his friends or people that otherwise like him, as it is a term of endearment (apparently).

It is also true that the internet has a lot of haters who like to be heard. But from where did this opportunity to hate arise? Probably being hateable.

"B. Shaubs success still speaks for itself." I have said this before and am well aware that not everyone understands it as equally critical as it can be assumed to be praise. Do you really think that he is successful, or do you think that he is experiencing some temporary symptoms of success that are artificial in nature, or maybe something else?

There are probably some other factors that should be taken into consideration in an earnest effort of fairness, like no one is more critical of a homeboy than the hometown. We all know the guy as an MMA fighter who did okay, but now compare him to Richard Pryor and the like, which is a measure set up for failure.

Not only do I wish him well, but I also wish him to be commonly thought of as funny, not because of my wish for him, but that he makes most people laugh.
29 days ago
6/20/14
Jump Kick -
coryscandy -
Jump Kick -

The sad/happy thing is that there are many idiotic morons that really idolize Schaub and will eat up this low minded stuff. Most comics and level headed people will recognize it as poor comedy, Schaub will still get a lot of love from his fans. Amy Schumer and many others have never made me even grin one time and they have huge followings. I think 75 will hate it, 15% will be meh, and 10% will be in live with it. He’ll get another special and book even more venues following this because of his loyal minority following. Good for him, bad for most of us, sort of.

Bruh how does it effect you if he is successful? Why is it bad for you? 

I said sort of because of your point, however the more successful he is the more he will be in the mma space that I tune into which is a negative. For instance Theo Von is the man and I have to listen to Schaub due to his success just to listen to theo’s output these days.

Boo hoo stop crying like a little bitch.