UnderGround Forums Brian Ortega vs. Chan Sung Jung

10/17/20 9:40 PM
5/5/07

I think that punch in first round did some damange.

He seems so hesitant.  Disappointing performance 

10/17/20 9:40 PM
8/31/10

Fuck me, my stream just died a couple minutes into the 5th round.

Edited: 10/17/20 9:40 PM
8/10/05

Fights like this are exactly why I love MMA.

10/17/20 9:41 PM
4/11/11
The Last Emperor -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

What happened to the Korean zombie that walks through punches and fights with reckless abandon? This is stunning. I thought this was a mismatch.

That's from your lack of fighting knowledge. Ortega is really really good...and he's gotten even better from his long layoff. It's clear he's been focused on becoming a better martial artist and not just being lazy.

ITs not my lack of fighting knowledge. If you watched all of their previous fights, it would be blatantly obvious to anyone that TKZ is a far better striker. There's a reason why he was a heavy favourite for this fight. Ortega has never showed striking like this before. There's no past evidence to indicate he would dominate TKZ on the feet. So don't act like this was easy to predict.

10/17/20 9:42 PM
7/10/12

Massacre

10/17/20 9:42 PM
8/3/11

Ortega looked great!  Volkanovski should be worried. 

10/17/20 9:43 PM
9/14/12

Damn my Zombie :(

7/10/12

Lol at TKZ slapping him and giggling

Great demeanor 

1/1/01

5 rounds to T-City.

10/24/10
cyberc92 -
The Last Emperor -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

What happened to the Korean zombie that walks through punches and fights with reckless abandon? This is stunning. I thought this was a mismatch.

That's from your lack of fighting knowledge. Ortega is really really good...and he's gotten even better from his long layoff. It's clear he's been focused on becoming a better martial artist and not just being lazy.

Zombie is also just walking forward without throwing anything. He just had Ortega walk backwards for 15 seconds and didn't throw anything. Easy to look good when your opposition is not doing anything at all as far as volume or activity.

He wasn't doing anything because Ortega had him confused and he didn't know what to do. I'm a big TKZ fan but I don't let my judgement get clouded either.

12/15/13
Ministry of Truth -

Fights like this are exactly why I love MMA.

Fight sucked

10/17/20 9:44 PM
10/13/07

Spinning elbow changed the fight. 

5/13/05

TKZ did nothing at all. I love TKZ but that was pathetic. Ortega had a high guard but he didn't attack the body with any punches. Ortega would stay heavy on the lead leg but TKZ didn't chop down his leg. 

10/9/10
Sir Psycho Sexy -
The Last Emperor -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

ITs not my lack of fighting knowledge. If you watched all of their previous fights, it would be blatantly obvious to anyone that TKZ is a far better striker. There's a reason why he was a heavy favourite for this fight. Ortega has never showed striking like this before. There's no past evidence to indicate he would dominate TKZ on the feet. So don't act like this was easy to predict.

Yeah he WAS the better striker. In this fight he limited TKZ to literally throwing either a single leg kick or a 2-3. That’s all he threw for the vast majority of 5 rounds. But you’re right, there’s no way this was easy to predict. 

12/20/08
Ortega went from an in the pocket and exchange boxer to someone super technical with an excellent understanding of distance and angles.
6/10/14

Wow. I had TKZ to win before the fight but he just didn't look like himself. That's all the credit to Ortega though. He really did confuse TKZ as the commentators said. 

11/24/10

I thought zombie would win but damn Ortega put on a performance he shut down Zombie completely.

Edited: 10/17/20 9:46 PM
5/13/05
The Last Emperor -
cyberc92 -
The Last Emperor -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Zombie is also just walking forward without throwing anything. He just had Ortega walk backwards for 15 seconds and didn't throw anything. Easy to look good when your opposition is not doing anything at all as far as volume or activity.

He wasn't doing anything because Ortega had him confused and he didn't know what to do. I'm a big TKZ fan but I don't let my judgement get clouded either.

He didn't do anything even when Ortega had his back near the cage. He did NOTHING at all in this fight. There was a 15 second point where Ortega was walking 1 foot away with his back to the fence and he still outstruck TKZ while TKZ was walking him down. Ortega led the dance when he walked forward and backward.  TKZ literally just did nothing and looked timid out there.

10/17/20 9:45 PM
10/9/10
cyberc92 -

TKZ did nothing at all. I love TKZ but that was pathetic. Ortega had a high guard but he didn't attack the body with any punches. Ortega would stay heavy on the lead leg but TKZ didn't chop down his leg. 

TKZ got countered off every single one of his attacks. Ortega took all of his weapons away. 

10/17/20 9:46 PM
6/10/12

This is probably the first UFC fight that Zombie won’t when fight of the night or a performance bonus.

10/17/20 9:46 PM
10/9/10
daba -

Spinning elbow changed the fight. 

I disagree. Zombie has an incredible chin and recovery, and he never stops pressuring. Ortega put on a clinic tonight. Zombie had no answers. 

10/17/20 9:47 PM
7/22/05

Ortega wins the UD

10/17/20 9:48 PM
5/13/05
MasterofMartialArts -
cyberc92 -

TKZ got countered off every single one of his attacks. Ortega took all of his weapons away. 

That's cause TKZ would only throw 1-2 shots at Ortega's high guard. He didn't really mix up the attack outside of a single body kick occasionally.

Edited: 10/17/20 9:49 PM
10/24/10
Sir Psycho Sexy -
The Last Emperor -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

TKZ's striking was always overrated because of his toughness and willingness to engage his opponents no matter what. His submissions and ground game is arguably better than his striking but he doesn't use it as much. I mean he got KO'd by George Roop of all people, and went pretty much even with Leonard Garcia in the standup who has never been a world striker.

Anyone who KO's Frankie Edgar has high level hands, and Ortega did that. You absolutely lack fighting knowledge.

10/17/20 9:48 PM
11/1/14

KZ shoulda have tried to wrestle after he he got dropped, costing him the 2nd round ...