UnderGround Forums Cain: “I was out on my feet”

10 days ago
1/1/01
leifdawg - 
wrongaboutVitali -
Dugs95 - 
wrongaboutVitali - Was always crazy to me how highly everyone rated Cain.

Why? He was pretty damn good at one time, his body didn’t hold up tho 

Oh, he was good no doubt, but people were calling him the greatest HW ever etc. when the guy really only fought a handful of opponents, some of them several times.

He got a lot of fame for the beating he put on JDS in fights 2 and 3, but as I pointed out previously, JDS offered zero threat of the takedown. Much easier to be dominant against a guy who's gameplan is one dimensional. Even then, JDS still held a KO win over him.

Cain was a great fighter, but one of the all-time great HW's as Rogan etc. liked to constantly sing? No way.

JDS at his peak was arguably the most talented HW ever.   Cain was able to beat him soley because of his relenteless pace.  Remember JDS stuffed like 6 or 7 takedowns in the 1st round, but Cain just keep shooting until he got JDS tired.

No question JDS was elite at the time, but his approach was still one dimensional. Cain had zero concern for the takedown. Much easier to conserve energy and carry out a gameplan when you know what your opponent is going to do.

When Cain fought Werdum and was concerned about going to the ground? Werdum lit him up on the feet and then submitted him.
10 days ago
9/27/15
Gancho Al Hígado - 

One of the most honest fighters. 

Lol no he isn't..after the Ngannou fight, Cain was acting as if he didn't even get hit..it was a bit silly
10 days ago
11/10/18
BringBackGoldy -

Francis will sleep stipe in the rematch.

Hard to imagine any other scenario. 

10 days ago
10/17/18
Gancho Al Hígado -

He’s always been.  He never brought up his knee injury in the first jds fight.  Even when the video got released a year later, Cain got pissed at the camera crew for releasing it because he didn’t want to take credit away from JDS’s win.  

It was clear Cain wasn’t himself in that first fight compared to his second.  Everyone asked “why wasn’t her shooting more”. He just kept quite and never brought up his injury, despite all the backlash.  Much respect to that 

10 days ago
4/10/03
Eskimo -
BringBackGoldy -

Francis will sleep stipe in the rematch.

Hard to imagine any other scenario. 

Maybe you should get out more.

9 days ago
11/7/12
ons ear -
Gancho Al Hígado - 

Lol no he isn't..after the Ngannou fight, Cain was acting as if he didn't even get hit..it was a bit silly

So then why would he admit to it now? I mean, when a fighter gets ko'd they don't know it after waking up until they watch the replay, no matter what the ref and corners are telling them. When they get flash ko'd they definitely don't realize it. I'm sure after watching the replay it all came back to him. 

He did say he remembers going for the takedown and nothing after that until the pain from the knee brought him back.