UnderGround Forums Can Ben Askren box at all?

29 days ago
6/2/04
Serious question...his boxing has looked like shit in all his fights, but I get it, he doesn't really try to box. He's working for a clinch and takedown, so he hasn't ever really HAD TO box...but how bad is he at it?

He's been in there with fucking killers, and outside of the Masvidal fight, never gets beat up. He can obviously take a punch, and appears to be pretty tough to hit, but part of that has to be how he's pushing the pace looking for a TD too, right?

I don't think he'll be amazed at the power and speed of the friggin youtuber after fighting guys like Robbie fucking Lawler...but does he have enough boxing skills to actually hurt someone without clinching and smashing them?
29 days ago
9/28/20

He just needs to be better than Jake and he will be. He is a true world athlete.

29 days ago
11/1/19
Bignightmare2 -

He just needs to be better than Jake and he will be. He is a true world athlete.

Ben gets beat by Jake in boxing. I’d be willing to wager.

29 days ago
2/14/11

I cant handle the thought of Ben losing to that little cunt. I fear it will happen. 

29 days ago
9/7/04

Due to his wrestling and athletic background, he can improve leaps and bounds by fight time. Hopefully, he has a coach who can improve his footwork and distance, in addition to the obvious shortcomings he has.  

29 days ago
8/20/08

Ben had taken some bombs from Lawler and kept his wits about him. 

For him to survive, I hope the ref will allow some dirty Couture type boxing in there. Otherwise, its going to be a short painful night for him.

29 days ago
9/20/19

No. He’s at legit risk for embarrassing himself here but I don’t think it’s likely to happen. 

29 days ago
1/10/13

Ben has the worst boxing in the UFC, probably in thr past 10 years. Roxanne Modaferi when she was only beginning in MMA had better boxing than Ben does now. He is going to get knocked out. I hope he is the favorite, that will be free money.

29 days ago
5/15/15
boxing wiz -

Ben has the worst boxing in the UFC, probably in thr past 10 years. Roxanne Modaferi when she was only beginning in MMA had better boxing than Ben does now. He is going to get knocked out. I hope he is the favorite, that will be free money.

You might be the Wiz, but as OP mentioned. We've never actually seen him box. The thing that does make you worry, he said he used to box his mates on a Friday night. So did I. But I'm not beating anybody who's trained more than a couple of months!

29 days ago
4/22/07

Smart of the youtube guy to pick the worst boxer alive that can be referred to as a legit fighter.

29 days ago
11/1/19
ShanTheMan -

Smart of the youtube guy to pick the worst boxer alive that can be referred to as a legit fighter.

It would be a win over a legit fighter. Genius move by Paul. Lol.

29 days ago
1/26/08
KHABIBsandBLASTEDmyBUTThole -
ShanTheMan -

It would be a win over a legit fighter. Genius move by Paul. Lol.

Perfect plan:

1. ben

2. dannis

3. conor (will lose that one but will get paid lol)

29 days ago
8/14/12

Imagine askren bringing in Jorge for boxing lol 

29 days ago
9/7/04

He needs a high level amateur boxing coach. Best he can hope for is to get his distance, balance and footwork up to snuff. 

29 days ago
4/21/06

Edited: 29 days ago
6/9/09

youtuber gonna get the TKO Im afraid.

29 days ago
7/15/04

Will be a sad final chapter of Ben's career of he loses to a YouTuber who just recently took up boxing. My god.

29 days ago
8/18/13

Don’t understand people thinking Ben gets knocked out by some amateur YouTube boxer lol. He’s proven he has a legit win if nothing else. Paul by decision is where the smart money is here. Paul isn’t knocking out a world champion fighter, and Askren couldn’t knock out any of your mothers 

29 days ago
6/20/14

Ben is going to get embarrassed. 

29 days ago
5/26/14
boxing wiz -

Yea Roxy would box askren tf up.  

29 days ago
6/30/07
HillboFrateTrane -

No. He’s at legit risk for embarrassing himself here but I don’t think it’s likely to happen. 

He really is. World grappler? No doubt. Striking expert? Hahahaha!

Hes tough as shit but without being able to stop the madness with a double leg ben is in for a rough night. Is Duke cool with this? Going to embarrass his gym with this.

Fuck it, let's do a series of grapplers in a striking only format. 

29 days ago
11/30/11

Good for Ben, win or lose he's getting a fat pay day.

29 days ago
9/23/07

Can ben be that terrible after training with petis and rufus sport for so long?

29 days ago
2/8/08
Brockback Mountain -

Can ben be that terrible after training with petis and rufus sport for so long?

This. 

Hes a world athlete that has been striking for at least 5 years. I know he looks like pooh striking with the elite of mma, but against somoene thats been boxing for 2 years?

29 days ago
3/17/14

it should.of been against Nate Diaz. easy win for Nate and a huge pay day. someone fucked up there.