UnderGround Forums Can someone explain to me why j burroughs

4/18/19 3:21 PM
1/7/06

Thinks he deserves 500k to fight???

i like a little drama and enjoy the fact that fighters are getting paid more but damn....

this is entitlement bs is ridiculous.   No one I know personally has ever said “I want to compete in mma because I’ll be rich and famous”.  Only an idiot thinks otherwise.  Fight cause you love it, or at least enjoy it. Fighting for a payday is stupid.  

You make 500k wrestling?  Good for you, happy for you.  My advice?  Stay there.  

4/18/19 3:24 PM
12/9/18

Burroughs would be a pretty big draw to be honest. Maybe not 500k, but 50? Lol. People would be surprised to see him against a top tier lw with just a few months of striking defense and grappling top control training. 

4/18/19 3:29 PM
1/7/06
CloakedStar -

Burroughs would be a pretty big draw to be honest. Maybe not 500k, but 50? Lol. People would be surprised to see him against a top tier lw with just a few months of striking defense and grappling top control training. 

What makes you think he would be a big draw?  I don’t think he thinks he would be a big draw either, hence the upfront money and not ppv points.  He is not a household name by any stretch of the imagination.  

Hell, Henry cejudo isn’t a big draw and he has multiple fights in the ufc and is champ.

not even speaking to his skill as a potential fighter

4/18/19 4:14 PM
8/1/07
mdrndaysamurai - 

i like a little drama and enjoy the fact that fighters are getting paid more but damn....

this is entitlement bs is ridiculous.   No one I know personally has ever said “I want to compete in mma because I’ll be rich and famous”.  Only an idiot thinks otherwise.  Fight cause you love it, or at least enjoy it. Fighting for a payday is stupid.  

If he is making $500K to wrestle then why would he fight in the UFC for $50K?
4/18/19 4:18 PM
12/9/18
mdrndaysamurai -
CloakedStar -

What makes you think he would be a big draw?  I don’t think he thinks he would be a big draw either, hence the upfront money and not ppv points.  He is not a household name by any stretch of the imagination.  

Hell, Henry cejudo isn’t a big draw and he has multiple fights in the ufc and is champ.

Burroughs is a much more popular wrestler than cejudo ever was. He’s also 50 pounds heavier and is built like a Greek god, super athletic black dude with charisma. No homo, he would just sell a lot better than cejudo. 

4/18/19 4:40 PM
6/12/14

Much ado about nothing, didn’t he just do an interview on helwanis show saying he was only interested in a one off if that? 

4/18/19 4:50 PM
9/27/15
CloakedStar - 

I don't think he'd be a big draw right off the bat..if he came in and fought a few matches, did really well and he had some charisma, then he would be a nice draw but right out of the gate, nope..

4/18/19 4:51 PM
9/27/15
CloakedStar - 
mdrndaysamurai -
CloakedStar -

Burroughs is a much more popular wrestler than cejudo ever was. He’s also 50 pounds heavier and is built like a Greek god, super athletic black dude with charisma. No homo, he would just sell a lot better than cejudo. 

That's not saying much lol..Cejudo isn't a good draw at all
4/18/19 8:52 PM
10/25/06
He deserves triple what CM punk got if he commits to 3-4 fights.
4/18/19 9:26 PM
3/5/15

Is that what he said? I thought he said it would take $500K for him to fight MMA on FightPass. 

I'm sure Jordan can differentiate between what he wants versus what he deserves.

Btw, I think Chael was an ass in his rebuttal video.

4/18/19 9:47 PM
2/24/19

Uncle Chael is NEVER wrong. Not today, not yesterday, not ever. 

4/19/19 9:25 AM
1/1/01

He might be the ONLY wrestler semi-casual fans have even heard of. He would definitely be a draw, not sure how big of one. I’d tune in for sure.

4/19/19 10:54 AM
7/28/02

He wants gimme fight

Edited: 4/19/19 10:59 AM
2/15/06
mdrndaysamurai - 

this is entitlement bs is ridiculous.   No one I know personally has ever said "I want to compete in mma because I'll be rich and famous".  Only an idiot thinks otherwise.  Fight cause you love it, or at least enjoy it. Fighting for a payday is stupid.  

Fight cause you love it, or at least enjoy it. Fighting for a payday is stupid.

Possibly the silliest statement I've ever seen a green namer post on here. It's called prize fighting for a reason. I hope that you are trolling.
4/19/19 11:00 AM
7/28/02

"I would love to. I just want to fight one time, that’s it. I want one fight. For me, it’s not about the status, it’s not about the glory, it’s not about the money. I just want to throw my hands and see what I’m made of."

"What about just one? What could I do? If I let my hands fly, could I put someone out?"

TRANSLATED: PUT ME IN WITH A BUM

4/19/19 1:03 PM
1/7/06
StrikingMMA -
mdrndaysamurai - 

this is entitlement bs is ridiculous.   No one I know personally has ever said "I want to compete in mma because I'll be rich and famous".  Only an idiot thinks otherwise.  Fight cause you love it, or at least enjoy it. Fighting for a payday is stupid.  

Possibly the silliest statement I've ever seen a green namer post on here. It's called prize fighting for a reason. I hope that you are trolling.

I’m simply saying it’s not a great way to make money.  Only a handful of mma fighters will make 6 figures a year fighting.

Also, if money is your primary motive chances are even more slim you will be successful.  I believe most pros would at the least call it a “labor of love”

4/19/19 1:07 PM
8/11/12
Lucas Maximus -

He wants gimme fight

And if the UFC wants to build him up he should get one or two. I've never followed wrestling and to be honest I don't care for it in the least, but I know who Burroughs is. If hes half as decent on the mic as he is wrestling he'd do great. 

4/19/19 1:09 PM
1/1/01
mdrndaysamurai - 
CloakedStar -

hes a 100x draw Cejudo in a much better weight class Hes a huge star
4/19/19 1:11 PM
1/1/01
ons ear - 
CloakedStar - 

I don't think he'd be a big draw right off the bat..if he came in and fought a few matches, did really well and he had some charisma, then he would be a nice draw but right out of the gate, nope..

wrong he would be by far the most anticipated debut of any wrestler or UFC fighter
4/19/19 1:29 PM
3/21/12
UFC needs to pay up if they want elite athletes. Especially in the USADA era where C-level athletes cannot reliably PED their way up to high performance.
4/19/19 1:30 PM
2/15/06
mdrndaysamurai - 
StrikingMMA -
mdrndaysamurai - 

I’m simply saying it’s not a great way to make money.  Only a handful of mma fighters will make 6 figures a year fighting.

Also, if money is your primary motive chances are even more slim you will be successful.  I believe most pros would at the least call it a “labor of love”

True enough. It's a hard way to make money and only a short window of time to do it.
4/19/19 2:13 PM
1/18/04
Whether or not he is a big draw is moot.

He is the apex predator of his sport going into another sport.

Burroughs getting a half million to fight MMA is much more appropriate than McGregor getting a 100 million to box.
4/19/19 8:14 PM
7/8/06

Burroughs only wants one fight until he wins.

4/19/19 8:16 PM
6/28/10

He's Jordan Burroughs, that's why. lol. a lot of jealousy from the greens in this thread I see.

4/19/19 11:12 PM
12/12/13

First fight for 50k. I've been a hardcore fan of mma for 12 years now and I have never heard of this guy before Chael called him out. So, no he doesn't deserve more than 50k. The only reason he would be getting 50k, is because he would be fighting Chael. If it was some no name minor league guy I wouldn't pay him more than 5k.