UnderGround Forums Can someone explain to me why j burroughs

4/20/19 2:16 AM
8/16/17
hannuhuu -

First fight for 50k. I've been a hardcore fan of mma for 12 years now and I have never heard of this guy before Chael called him out. So, no he doesn't deserve more than 50k. The only reason he would be getting 50k, is because he would be fighting Chael. If it was some no name minor league guy I wouldn't pay him more than 5k. 

Hardcore fan and never heard of one of the greatest American wrestlers of all time? 

4/20/19 2:17 AM
1/1/01
Rakoshi - 

Uncle Chael is NEVER wrong. Not today, not yesterday, not ever. 

HI Chael
4/20/19 2:17 AM
1/1/01
Smirk - 

He never said he made $500k wrestling.  He said he makes more than the $50k Chael offered wrestling.  Learn to read.  

Chael is a joke though and is the white Bob Sapp.   I have zero interest in seeing him take dives for money.  

this
4/20/19 2:19 AM
1/1/01
Winston Wolf - 
Smirk - 

He never said he made $500k wrestling.  He said he makes more than the $50k Chael offered wrestling.  Learn to read.  

Chael is a joke though and is the white Bob Sapp.   I have zero interest in seeing him take dives for money.  

this

no the joke part But Burroughs debut would be the biggest the sport has ever had BY Far
4/20/19 2:20 AM
1/1/01
Competitive Architecture - 
hannuhuu -

First fight for 50k. I've been a hardcore fan of mma for 12 years now and I have never heard of this guy before Chael called him out. So, no he doesn't deserve more than 50k. The only reason he would be getting 50k, is because he would be fighting Chael. If it was some no name minor league guy I wouldn't pay him more than 5k. 

Hardcore fan and never heard of one of the greatest American wrestlers of all time? 

lmao he should find a new sport is he hasnt heard of Burroughs
4/20/19 3:29 AM
6/17/13

No wrestler gets 500k to wrestle

4/20/19 3:52 AM
8/18/14
mdrndaysamurai - 

Thinks he deserves 500k to fight???

i like a little drama and enjoy the fact that fighters are getting paid more but damn....

this is entitlement bs is ridiculous.   No one I know personally has ever said “I want to compete in mma because I’ll be rich and famous”.  Only an idiot thinks otherwise.  Fight cause you love it, or at least enjoy it. Fighting for a payday is stupid.  

You make 500k wrestling?  Good for you, happy for you.  My advice?  Stay there.  

reparations?
4/20/19 10:35 AM
1/7/06
Competitive Architecture -
hannuhuu -

I’ve only heard of him recently and I’ve been following mma since the beginning.  Not sure why that would be surprising.  

4/20/19 11:33 AM
12/12/13
Competitive Architecture -
hannuhuu -

Fan of mma and I'm not American

4/20/19 11:36 AM
1/1/01

Whatever. He can ask for whatever amount he wants. They can tell him no. And they can negotiate or not. Simple as that.

4/20/19 11:45 AM
1/7/06
Winston Wolf -
Winston Wolf - 
Smirk - 

this

no the joke part But Burroughs debut would be the biggest the sport has ever had BY Far

Bigger than Brock?  I’d be surprised 

4/20/19 11:48 AM
8/22/14
mdrndaysamurai -

i like a little drama and enjoy the fact that fighters are getting paid more but damn....

this is entitlement bs is ridiculous.   No one I know personally has ever said “I want to compete in mma because I’ll be rich and famous”.  Only an idiot thinks otherwise.  Fight cause you love it, or at least enjoy it. Fighting for a payday is stupid.  

You broke?

Dont brag about being a suck fighter with suck aspirations

P?each when you're rich 

4/20/19 11:53 AM
1/7/06
bungee up -
mdrndaysamurai -

You broke?

Dont brag about being a suck fighter with suck aspirations

P?each when you're rich 

Wat.....

4/20/19 11:53 AM
3/27/03
CloakedStar -

Burroughs would be a pretty big draw to be honest. Maybe not 500k, but 50? Lol. People would be surprised to see him against a top tier lw with just a few months of striking defense and grappling top control training. 

I don’t think he’d be a good draw and history shows no matter what you come into mma with you can get clobbered 

4/20/19 1:54 PM
1/7/06

Cm punk was probably a bigger draw.  I’m sure he has a bigger name

4/20/19 2:12 PM
3/21/12
mdrndaysamurai - 

And CM punk had literally zero talent for the sport. If you want olympians and the best athletes in MMA you're going to have to pay them a lot.
4/20/19 2:22 PM
6/27/05

Put him in vs GSP

4/20/19 2:36 PM
1/7/06
TzTinkle -
mdrndaysamurai - 

And CM punk had literally zero talent for the sport. If you want olympians and the best athletes in MMA you're going to have to pay them a lot.

That’s not how it works though..

that was kind of the point of the thread.  

4/20/19 2:38 PM
3/21/12
mdrndaysamurai - 
TzTinkle -
mdrndaysamurai - 

That’s not how it works though..

that was kind of the point of the thread.  

It definitely can work that way, the UFC just doesn't want to pay for talent development. Investing just $2 million a year would eventually yield some great fighters.
4/20/19 3:02 PM
1/1/01
mdrndaysamurai - 
Winston Wolf -
Winston Wolf - 
Smirk - 

this

Bigger than Brock?  I’d be surprised 

for real sports fans yes and Brock got well more than 500 grand
4/20/19 4:00 PM
7/11/05
Smirk -

If I’m correct he was asking for 500k to take that fight however correct? He said “Add a 0 to that”

4/20/19 5:35 PM
1/21/18

at best he wrestle fucks someone for 15 minutes. at worst he gets blasted early. middle ground he wrestles til he gases then gets blasted. None of that is good mma entertainment.

4/20/19 7:13 PM
6/6/09
mdrndaysamurai -

Has nothing to do with the what he thinks he "deserves".  

It's because he makes that much wrestling, a sport he loves. Why would he do MMA, a sport he just has some interest in, and is more dangerous, for less?

4/20/19 9:47 PM
1/7/06
bbomber -
mdrndaysamurai -

Has nothing to do with the what he thinks he "deserves".  

It's because he makes that much wrestling, a sport he loves. Why would he do MMA, a sport he just has some interest in, and is more dangerous, for less?

Exactly!   He’s the one bringing it up lol.  No one is begging him to come (or even offering him a contract for that matter)

4/20/19 10:09 PM
9/27/15
Winston Wolf - 
ons ear - 
CloakedStar - 

Burroughs would be a pretty big draw to be honest. Maybe not 500k, but 50? Lol. People would be surprised to see him against a top tier lw with just a few months of striking defense and grappling top control training. 

I don't think he'd be a big draw right off the bat..if he came in and fought a few matches, did really well and he had some charisma, then he would be a nice draw but right out of the gate, nope..

wrong he would be by far the most anticipated debut of any wrestler or UFC fighter

What are you basing this off? Jordan Burroughs might draw a few hundred Amy wrestling junkies but trust me, he isn't going to draw in more casuals if he fought a one off fight..

Floyd Mayweather fighting in the UFC would draw 20 times that of Burroughs..