OtherGround Forums Cancer does suck it took my dog last night

9 days ago
11/17/10

So I get through a awesome mountain bike ride here in Colorado, ( I myself am recovering from multipul heart surgeries ) and I notice that one of my dogs is laying in her bed breathing like a little locomotive.....like she was gasping to breath so I took her to the vets right away and found out right away she was full of blood so bad if fact they could not hear her heartbeat....it also showed a ruptured growth on her liver which she never had any issues always had her check ups at her vet etc. I  asked how long do I get at least a day or two at home since I don't work I can spend every moment with her.

The vet said I had my time and now it's time to say goodbye....I don't post much I have lurked for years but you guys, well I needed to vent tonight so thanks....

9 days ago
11/9/04

Damn, that's tough situation, fren! Hang in there best you can
9 days ago
3/26/13

I'm really sorry man. I had a very similar situation a few years ago with my dog. The vet told me I would have at least a week with my dog but I ended up having to put him down the very next morning. I would have given anything for just a few more days with him.

9 days ago
1/9/13

Sorry man. All the best. Dogs rule, life ain’t fair 

9 days ago
1/1/12

Sorry to hear that bro. We just got the ashes back today from putting our lab to sleep last week. Cancer too. It really sucks  

9 days ago
6/17/16
Goat vomit -

So I get through a awesome mountain bike ride here in Colorado, ( I myself am recovering from multipul heart surgeries ) and I notice that one of my dogs is laying in her bed breathing like a little locomotive.....like she was gasping to breath so I took her to the vets right away and found out right away she was full of blood so bad if fact they could not hear her heartbeat....it also showed a ruptured growth on her liver which she never had any issues always had her check ups at her vet etc. I  asked how long do I get at least a day or two at home since I don't work I can spend every moment with her.

The vet said I had my time and now it's time to say goodbye....I don't post much I have lurked for years but you guys, well I needed to vent tonight so thanks....

Sorry to hear that man sucks you lost your buddy. That sounds really sad.

Fuck cancer, it's a piece of shit.

9 days ago
11/20/10

Sorry OP, 

9 days ago
8/14/12

Happened to me last year year almost this time. My boy wasn’t even 7 yet. Cancer as well.  Sorry op 

9 days ago
1/12/15

So sorry OP. I lost my dog around this time last year from cancer. A boxer. I felt like I died when they put him down at the vets office and then telling my 7 year old when he got home after school was even worse. You gave her a great life, just know that.

9 days ago
1/22/05
Sorry for your loss OP. My dog is my best friend. Helps me through the darkest of times. Thoughts with you buddy. Hang in there.
9 days ago
6/13/07
Sorry man. I know how hard it is to lose a pet.
9 days ago
12/22/10

I'm sorry Sir. 

We're probably going to have to put one of ours down today or tomorrow for cancer related bullshit. 

9 days ago
1/1/01

Sorry to hear that man.

I'm going to take note of something Orlando Bloom said on Stern last week- have bloodwork done on your dogs regularly, even if the vet says it's not necessary. Do it as a precaution.

RIP OP's dog

9 days ago
8/1/13

Sorry for your loss brother. The same exact thing happened to my 15 years old Persian cat. Ruptured liver growth likely cancer.

I sure you gave her a wonderful life.

9 days ago
9/27/15
Sorry for your los

I hate these threads and I have a hard time clicking on them
9 days ago
8/1/09

I inherited my wife’s dog when we got married. Great dog, black lab, super mild mannered sweetest old boy ever with our kids. I’m not much of an animal person, but I grew to love this dog. He got lung cancer and it was fucking horrible. He was acting weird, we took him to the vet, they told us about the cancer and said he had like 6 months to live. One month later he couldn’t even walk across the room to get outside to piss. I had to carry him outside because he could barely walk. He was acting weird one night, labored breathing, having a hard time getting up so I carrie him outside and he died in my lap less than five minutes of being out there. My wife was hysterical. It fucking suckkeeeedddddd.  

9 days ago
1/1/01

Sorry man, dogs are the best!

9 days ago
11/3/12

sorry to hear brother R.I.P 

Edited: 9 days ago
1/3/18

My brother lost his Shnauzer to cancer. Poor thing was just in too much pain. At least her final moments at the vet were with them holding her, feeding her all her favorite treats until the injection put her to sleep

Sorry to hear about that, op. 

Fuck Cancer!

9 days ago
6/27/09

Sorry to hear, lost both my cats last year to cancer. Hardest decision ever because they can’t tell you how they feel.

FWIW, they gave both my cats a couple weeks & they both lasted a few months.

RIP.

9 days ago
1/1/01
Sucks losing a great dog.

I have two. In the past two weeks, one has been diagnosed with 3 slipped discs and the other one is diabetic. They went from young to old in two weeks. Now I have grandpas, with one getting insulin shots two times a day and the other needing me to lift him up and down from anything with heights.

Sorry to hear about your dog....

9 days ago
3/21/09
It's not fair how short their lives are is it. You find a great friend and they leave you so quickly. Sorry to hear about your friend.
9 days ago
10/5/04

Tears are memories coming out your eyes. 

8 days ago
6/29/09
Sorry GV.....loyal friends are a gift. Maybe in time you'll be ready to make another