UnderGround Forums Cejudo's gold medal...?

6/9/19 1:09 AM
7/14/16

I thought I read a while back he lost it in a fire.... am I confusing a different wrestler or did he have a new one made?

Edited: 6/9/19 1:29 AM
1/23/06

6/9/19 1:12 AM
6/16/07
Lurker99 - 

I thought I read a while back he lost it in a fire.... am I confusing a different wrestler or did he have a new one made?

I thought he saved it but maybe not.
6/9/19 1:18 AM
7/14/16
Nick Diaz still GOAT - 
Lurker99 - 

I thought he saved it but maybe not.

Hope you're right. It would suck for anyone to work so hard for something and lose it to shit like that. Even if he had it replaced, it still wouldn't be the same... unless he commissioned it from the melted gold salvaged in the ashes... that might be kind of cool then lol

6/9/19 1:26 AM
1/21/18

Pretty sure he explained on unfiltered that he lost the original, he was able to get a replacement but the word “replica” is on it

6/9/19 1:28 AM
7/10/12

I feel like the Olympic committee or whoever should replace your medal if something bad like that happens 

6/9/19 1:30 AM
7/14/16
MrDiMaggio - 

Pretty sure he explained on unfiltered that he lost the original, he was able to get a replacement but the word “replica” is on it

Surely he was able to at least reclaim the gold right? It melts, but not like it would be gone... grap a metal detector for fucks sake lol. Even if he at least had a ring or something made from it... 

6/9/19 1:32 AM
1/6/10

It's been lost in a fire... according to the insurance company. One of the few ways to make an Olympic gold medal pay it's full value...

6/9/19 3:04 AM
3/20/12
Lurker99 - 
MrDiMaggio - 

Surely he was able to at least reclaim the gold right? It melts, but not like it would be gone... grap a metal detector for fucks sake lol. Even if he at least had a ring or something made from it... 

not solid gold IMO

6/9/19 3:14 AM
3/25/19

I'm assuming that the Eddie Munster comparison has already been made before?

6/9/19 11:25 AM
7/14/16
Rambo John J - 
Lurker99 - 
MrDiMaggio - 

not solid gold IMO

Good point... I don't know how much is actually there.

6/9/19 1:49 PM
1/1/01

The last series of Olympic medals to be made of solid gold were awarded at the 1912 Summer Olympics in Stockholm, Sweden. Olympic Gold medals are required to be made from at least 92.5% silver, and must contain a minimum of 6 grams of gold. All Olympic medals must be at least 60mm in diameter and 3mm thick.

6/10/19 5:10 PM
1/1/01
I'm just not sure why he would keep the real one at the house. Display a replica at home and keep the real one in a safe deposit box or something. Hell, at the very least have a katdaddy safe to keep it in at home.
6/10/19 5:20 PM
7/14/16
Arachnoid - I'm just not sure why he would keep the real one at the house. Display a replica at home and keep the real one in a safe deposit box or something. Hell, at the very least have a katdaddy safe to keep it in at home.

There are so many of them made for each olympics that it's not like it's some highly sought thing to steal. I imagine anyone with any reasonably safe neighborhood would feel fine not keeping their stuff under lock and key off site. Also, you would think after winning something like that, you'd want to it on display in your house, not some place you have to visit it.

Edited: 6/10/19 8:36 PM
7/15/04
Arachnoid - I'm just not sure why he would keep the real one at the house. Display a replica at home and keep the real one in a safe deposit box or something. Hell, at the very least have a katdaddy safe to keep it in at home.

Exactly. Safe deposit box for the original, and an exact replica for show at the house.

6/10/19 8:48 PM
12/2/13

I belive he was on the road af a speaking engagement or seminar where hos story about the olympic journey was the topic. 

His hotel was cought up in the wildfires that were raging, he was even burnt a little and had almost no clothes when he escaped.

atleast thats how i remebered his story, old ariel interview

6/11/19 6:27 AM
9/2/10

Wait, you're telling me Cejudo is a gold medal Olympian? Didnt know that, he needs to mention it more often.