8/3/18

Cliff summary:

Chael takes Ariel Helwani to task

for acting like a white knight for

Thug Rose.

Ariel thinks UFC is throwing Rose

to the wolves in Brazil after such a

long break, with her mental issues.

But Chael says - if she loses, she loses. That's the game.

10 days ago
9/19/13

Ariel low IQ confirmed.

10 days ago
12/28/12
everyone fights in brazil eventually
10 days ago
1/21/18

i mean, i would agree with ariel if rose wasnt the champ. ufc has a history of doing that with big $ fighters they want to pay less, but she is the champ and ufc probably doesnt make excessively more money no matter who is the champion of that division.

10 days ago
2/28/13

Lol shocking thread

10 days ago
10/13/07

Don't think it's white knighting. Why should the champ fight on the home turf of the challenger? Seems disrespectful to the champ. 

10 days ago
6/25/11
daba -

Don't think it's white knighting. Why should the champ fight on the home turf of the challenger? Seems disrespectful to the champ. 

Thats the way I see it, Rose signed to fight there so thats her choice.

If the UFC gave her no choice then thats fucked up but if she didnt want it she should push back.

9 days ago
1/5/10

I feel bad for Rose, I honestly do, but this is the fight business and this isnt just any fight business, it is elite of the elite and she is a champ in her division in the biggest mma org in the world. 

Now with that being said, Rose has not fought in over a year and I can’t imagine her bosses are happy about that, I think its already a tough fight vs andrade and to make matters worse for Rose she is fighting in Brazil, a beautiful country with some of the worst mma fans unfortunately and we all know this will throw Rose off her game given her admitting having mental issues. 

Point is, ufc is fed up with her and are throwing her in the brazilian jungle to face a jaguar and she will end up losing badly. 

9 days ago
3/25/16
BonesDominatedMe -

I feel bad for Rose, I honestly do, but this is the fight business and this isnt just any fight business, it is elite of the elite and she is a champ in her division in the biggest mma org in the world. 

Now with that being said, Rose has not fought in over a year and I can’t imagine her bosses are happy about that, I think its already a tough fight vs andrade and to make matters worse for Rose she is fighting in Brazil, a beautiful country with some of the worst mma fans unfortunately and we all know this will throw Rose off her game given her admitting having mental issues. 

Point is, ufc is fed up with her and are throwing her in the brazilian jungle to face a jaguar and she will end up losing badly. 

I thought Rose's last fight against Joanna was in April. That would put it at nine months ago rather than over a year ago, assuming I'm not mistaken.

9 days ago
8/3/18

9 days ago
12/9/13
MFS_OL_SKOOL -

Cliff summary:

Chael takes Ariel Helwani to task

for acting like a white knight for

Thug Rose.

Ariel thinks UFC is throwing Rose

to the wolves in Brazil after such a

long break, with her mental issues.

But Chael says - if she loses, she loses. That's the game.

80% was about colby, without mentioning his name.

Edited: 9 days ago
4/19/09

Ronda Rousey fought Bethe Correia in Brazil. It wasn't a problem. In fact, the fans in Brazil rooted for Ronda Rousey over their own country woman by and largely. 

I see no reason Rose Namajunas shouldn't defend the title in Brazil. She's the champion. What's wrong with her defending the title in Brazil? 

9 days ago
10/18/14
daba -

has Ariel ever stood up for any other champion fighting in the home country of the challenger?

9 days ago
1/1/01
For someone who's the champ and has an incredibly entertaining fighting style, she needs to be fighting more often, imo. I'd rather watch her fight than Jones. So yeah, this isn't the idea situation for her, but you haven't fought in close to a year so this is how it's gonna be. Go take care of business.
9 days ago
8/3/18
TheVileOne -

Ronda Rousey fought Bethe Correia in Brazil. It wasn't a problem. In fact, the fans in Brazil rooted for Ronda Rousey over their own country woman by and largely. 

I see no reason Rose Namajunas shouldn't defend the title in Brazil. She's the champion. What's wrong with her defending the title in Brazil? 

The girl is afraid to leave her own house!

9 days ago
1/24/17

Imagine if Ariel said "at least I don't partake in fixed fights" live on ESPN.

Lmfao that would shut chael up 

9 days ago
8/3/18
The Immortal One -

Imagine if Ariel said "at least I don't partake in fixed fights" live on ESPN.

Lmfao that would shut chael up 

9 days ago
5/18/18

What the Helwani does that really have to do with Rose at all. She didn’t say that she wanted to pull out and Ariel didn’t suggest it. He just thought that she may have made a mistake 

8 days ago
7/10/02
Rose is immensely talented but mental toughness is ALSO a great part of being a champ.

8 days ago
10/10/18

F*ck I love Chael! Spot on as usual. Take out Rose & say Conner or Woodley.... Same thing.

The sport you chose, the contracts you signed & the team you have. DO your job. Stop trying to not fight. You are fighters! You should want to fight. I dont know of many if any boxers who don't want to fight.

Thats why you fight for a living!

8 days ago
8/8/18

Do you actually think he's only defending her because he wants to fuck her?

8 days ago
8/3/18
Joshinho -

Do you actually think he's only defending her because he wants to fuck her?

Hell no. He's not man enough.