UnderGround Forums Chandler signs with UFC

9/17/20 12:51 PM
4/14/06

Per Ariel

White says Chandler will be at UFC 254 in Abu Dhabi to serve as a backup fighter for the Khabib-Gaethje main event. Didn’t mention Ferguson and/or Poirier. There was talk yesterday that they would just move on.

9/17/20 1:06 PM
5/13/05

That is fucking sick! I will stfu about USADA. I hope Chandler does well because he is always a fighter that brings it. Chandler vs Felder, Chandler vs Tony please. 

9/17/20 1:09 PM
1/26/08

lame, so we dont get a bad ass co-main on that card

9/17/20 1:11 PM
1/24/16

Damn I didn't think he was really going to go to the UFC. I guess Dana had already spoken to Chandler when he mentioned he was interested in Chandler. 

Match him up with the best guys I don't want no warm up fight the guy is 34 already.

9/17/20 1:28 PM
5/7/10

He won't do anything in the UFC especially at lightweight. Too many killers in the lightweight division.

9/17/20 1:35 PM
9/13/18
Mjump05 -

He won't do anything in the UFC especially at lightweight. Too many killers in the lightweight division.

He's still pretty high level, i think he atleast gets his name in top 5 discussions. His wrestling and striking are definitely good enough to reach a title shot at some point.

9/17/20 1:43 PM
9/19/13

Feels like Khabib gonna pull out

12/8/12
sixdog -

Per Ariel

White says Chandler will be at UFC 254 in Abu Dhabi to serve as a backup fighter for the Khabib-Gaethje main event. Didn’t mention Ferguson and/or Poirier. There was talk yesterday that they would just move on.

Lol at being the backup for that fight....Khabib or Justin dust him in a half of round

3/15/19
cyberc92 -

That is fucking sick! I will stfu about USADA. I hope Chandler does well because he is always a fighter that brings it. Chandler vs Felder, Chandler vs Tony please. 

I’ll mention USADA. How the heck can he fight right away when Rumble has to wait 6 months?

Not trolling that’s a legit question.  

9/17/20 1:44 PM
5/13/05
iwarnedyou -
cyberc92 -

I’ll mention USADA. How the heck can he fight right away when Rumble has to wait 6 months?

That is a great point. I do know Rumble has pretty much admitted he was on some roids during his body building period. 

9/17/20 1:53 PM
11/8/08
iwarnedyou -
cyberc92 -

Rumble was in the pool, retired and them came back. Chandler is entering for the first time. Two totally different situations.

9/17/20 1:56 PM
9/12/10

Chandler is about to get treated like Eddie Alvarez and go straight to the deep end fighting nothing but monsters. Good.

Edited: 9/17/20 2:16 PM
4/21/12
JoeHurley -
iwarnedyou -
cyberc92 -

Rumble was in the pool, retired and them came back. Chandler is entering for the first time. Two totally different situations.

Exactly.

Athletes who are new to the UFC testing pool must be in the pool for at least one month before competing in a Bout. The one-month rule is also in place for athletes who’ve previously been in the pool, but their contract was terminated or wasn’t renewed at the choice of the UFC.
The one-month notice requirement will be waived if an athlete is replacing someone on an upcoming Card because of injury or other reasons.
For athletes who have chosen to remove themselves from the UFC testing pool through retirement, hiatus, or a non-renewal of their contract, they are required to be in the testing pool for 6 months before they can compete.

Source: https://ufc.usada.org/ufc-anti-doping-policy-summary-of-major-changes/

9/17/20 2:21 PM
1/1/01

17-0 KSW FW/LW champ Gamrot has also signed with the UFC and is debuting in Oct vs Mustafaev.

9/17/20 2:25 PM
12/2/11

Ferguson vs Chandler please... Wtf dana 

9/17/20 2:28 PM
8/3/11

About 10 years too late.

9/17/20 2:32 PM
1/17/03
Smilin like Rashad -
sixdog -

Per Ariel

Lol at being the backup for that fight....Khabib or Justin dust him in a half of round

I disagree. I think he would hang in there for a bit against either

9/17/20 3:05 PM
11/28/03

at 34 he is likely past his prime

9/17/20 3:13 PM
1/8/04
oranos - 

Imagine if Khabib pulls out and starches Justin. He becomes UFC champ with his first UFC win. Would definitely shake up the division.

9/17/20 3:36 PM
12/8/12
Erik Apple -
Smilin like Rashad -
sixdog -

Per Ariel

All I can think of is those Will Brooks fights.

9/17/20 3:45 PM
3/15/19
Universally -
JoeHurley -
iwarnedyou -
cyberc92 -

Exactly.

Athletes who are new to the UFC testing pool must be in the pool for at least one month before competing in a Bout. The one-month rule is also in place for athletes who’ve previously been in the pool, but their contract was terminated or wasn’t renewed at the choice of the UFC.
The one-month notice requirement will be waived if an athlete is replacing someone on an upcoming Card because of injury or other reasons.
For athletes who have chosen to remove themselves from the UFC testing pool through retirement, hiatus, or a non-renewal of their contract, they are required to be in the testing pool for 6 months before they can compete.

Source: https://ufc.usada.org/ufc-anti-doping-policy-summary-of-major-changes/

Well this makes a type of sense I guess. I’d think it makes sense for the 6 month guys to just be a month too. 

9/17/20 5:30 PM
6/7/16
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
oranos - 

Imagine if Khabib pulls out and starches Justin. He becomes UFC champ with his first UFC win. Would definitely shake up the division.

I was immediately thinking the same. First fight in and becomes champ. I don’t think it’s been done in modern ufc 

9/17/20 5:34 PM
12/18/19

Why all the hate for Chandler? He's an exciting fighter and always brings it win or lose.

I could definitely see him cracking the top 5.

9/17/20 5:38 PM
12/8/12
ChapScrap93 -

Why all the hate for Chandler? He's an exciting fighter and always brings it win or lose.

I could definitely see him cracking the top 5.

Yeah he's all of that...except top 5....who knows...maybe I'll eat crow down the road....i would like to see Chandler vs Kevin Lee...perfect gate keeper level fighter to see where Chandler stands...FW Pitbull knocked him out last year

9/17/20 5:50 PM
10/24/10
Smilin like Rashad -
Erik Apple -
Smilin like Rashad -
sixdog -

Per Ariel

All I can think of is those Will Brooks fights.

Don't forget the Brent Primus fight where he got the stanky ankle. Imagine what Gaethje would do to his leg.

It's a good sign for the UFC from an entertainment standpoint, but Chandler's been in a lot of wars and been rocked hard so many times. I find it hard to believe he'll win many fights in the UFC especially getting thrown to the wolves right away.