UnderGround Forums Chimaev (or Ali?) accepting Magny

14 days ago
8/3/11

14 days ago
8/3/11

their noses look almost the same.

14 days ago
1/8/04

Good step up for Chimaev. Would have rather seen Wonderboy though.

14 days ago
2/9/09
Siciliano -

Not me. Love this fight. 

I want Wonderboy vs Leon

14 days ago
1/8/04

Wonderboy vs Leon is definitely awesome too but Chimaev needs that IT factor for his next fight.

14 days ago
4/11/10

Everything is good but the date. I want to see this ASAP

14 days ago
1/1/01

Magny is 17-6 in the UFC and has wins over Hendricks, Gastelum, Lombard, Condit, Lawler etc...

Not in but in position he is like a Pettis/Cowboy/Iaquinta of the WW division. Just a tough vet that a rising star needs to go through to get a crack at the top five of the division.

Chimaev and his team are wasting no time in letting him get comfortable at the UFC level.

A lot of fighters spend a few years in the UFC before they get a test like a Magny. This Chimaev guy is like... "six months will do".

14 days ago
3/14/02

I think it's a good fight to make. Magny wants it, Chimaev wants it, as he says let's go baby! 

14 days ago
1/1/01

Dude lived in the gym for several years. That is a hungry fighter with huge faith in themselves.

14 days ago
2/10/20

Magny better be prepared for a fuking beat down

14 days ago
7/25/08
BJ Penn Forever - 

Dude lived in the gym for several years. That is a hungry fighter with huge faith in themselves.

Same with Magny, though.

I want to say he has a reputation as a guy who is a notoriously hard worker, like a "first guy at the gym, last guy to leave, every day" type, who cleans the mats at the end of practice and is just squeezing every drop of results he can from the talent he has.

This is a good fight, and will quickly let us know whether Chimaev is more Jon Jones or more Michael Page.

He's looked great on the way up, and Magny is SUPER legit, and we'll know what we need to know about Chimaev after this fight.
14 days ago
8/20/15
youngestgrandpa -

I wouldn't go that far. Magny is good, and could give Khabig problems. He also hasn't fought anyone on Magnus level. Chimaev is still in prospect territory. Not saying he won't be great and run through these guys, but I'll take it one fight at a time.

14 days ago
2/9/09
Robert Thomas -
youngestgrandpa -

I wouldn't go that far. Magny is good, and could give Khabig problems. He also hasn't fought anyone on Magnus level. Chimaev is still in prospect territory. Not saying he won't be great and run through these guys, but I'll take it one fight at a time.

100% this

13 days ago
1/1/01
Slowshot -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Same with Magny, though.

I want to say he has a reputation as a guy who is a notoriously hard worker, like a "first guy at the gym, last guy to leave, every day" type, who cleans the mats at the end of practice and is just squeezing every drop of results he can from the talent he has.

This is a good fight, and will quickly let us know whether Chimaev is more Jon Jones or more Michael Page.

He's looked great on the way up, and Magny is SUPER legit, and we'll know what we need to know about Chimaev after this fight.

Yep you are right, Magny does have a rep as hard worker and someone who will take any fight as well, just like Chimaev.

Magny is a real animal. I remembered he did 5 UFC fights in a year but now that I went back and looked... he did 5 fights in 2014 and then did it again in 2015! I'm sure 10 fights in two years is a UFC record. He also went 8-2 while doing it.

Magny has the 2nd most WW wins behind GSP.

If it is going to be Magny vs Chimaev like we hope, it will be Magny's 4th UFC fight this year.

Edited: 13 days ago
2/9/09
BJ Penn Forever -
Slowshot -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Same with Magny, though.

Yep you are right, Magny does have a rep as hard worker and someone who will take any fight as well, just like Chimaev.

Magny is a real animal. I remembered he did 5 UFC fights in a year but now that I went back and looked... he did 5 fights in 2014 and then did it again in 2015! I'm sure 10 fights in two years is a UFC record. He also went 8-2 while doing it.

If it is going to be Magny vs Chimaev like we hope, it will be Magny's 4th UFC fight this year.

Magny can be champ tomorrow, when he's on

13 days ago
8/23/04

Is this fight signed yet? 

13 days ago
1/1/01
sureshock -

Is this fight signed yet? 

Nope Dana said at a presser today he hoped to have the Chimaev (did not mention opponent) fight done yesterday but its not done yet.

My guess is we find out tomorrow or Monday that Chimaev Magny is a go for Nov or Dec fight night.

13 days ago
9/27/15
Bend The Knee - 
Siciliano -

Not me. Love this fight. 

I want Wonderboy vs Leon

Leon won't fight Wonderboy though. I don't feel bad for Leon anymore, he has fights he coukd taje but is scared of certain matching. He only wants top 3-4 guys even thpugh he hasn't done shit in 2 years
12 days ago
11/20/08
BJ Penn Forever -
Slowshot -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Same with Magny, though.

Good post both of you, Magny is a stud and can either be a stepping stone that propels chimeav or stops the hype for a bit, it's a big test, Magny is no joke

Edited: 12 days ago
10/13/07

Yep. People tend to underrate Magny but he’s really well rounded and a top 10 guy that’s only a win or two away from top 5. He’s beaten some big names. 

Chimaev has looked incredible but we need to see if he can do it against higher ranked guys. My gut is that he is the real deal though and will be fighting for a title next year. Hope he gets a top 10 guy next or at least top 15

12 days ago
4/22/20
Bend The Knee - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Slowshot -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Same with Magny, though.

Magny can be champ tomorrow, when he's on

That is bit much. He is a dude who gets out struck by great strikers, out grappled by great grapplers. Anywhere in between he can get the edge or get edged out. He is a poor man's Leon Edwards. I think he loses to guys like Luque, Neal (healthy)... and yes Chimaev.
11 days ago
1/1/01

You wonder what is stopping this fight from getting signed at the moment...

Neil Magny says Khamzat Chimaev fight not being made is due to a “hold up” on the Swede’s end

“There definitely seems like there is some hold up on his end as far as being able to commit to an actual opponent and get the fight scheduled for a specific date. At this point, we are at a complete standstill,” Magny said to Line Movement. “Other than a verbal agreement where both he and I agreed to fight via social media and that kind of thing there hasn’t been any contracts sent out. (There) hasn’t been any confirmation as far as the UFC saying this is 100 percent the fight we are going to make. As I said, I think he is out there trying to find the highest bidder for him to fight next. It is a bit frustrating.”

11 days ago
8/23/04

Anywhere anytime... Ha! 

11 days ago
1/12/05
I'd pay money for this one. Wild matchup.