UnderGround Forums Cm punk gets bronze medal in bjj

4/15/19 4:25 PM
8/10/05
D241 - 
Ministry of Truth - 
Bilge Water - 

The guy is training and competing, good for him.  I'm not gonna hate on a guy for trying to get better. That's a bitch move.

Training and competing is commendable. I concur.

But fighting in the UFC simply because it's your dream and you can use your name and sell your soul to take someone's place who better deserves it, is nothing more than utter shit.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

If you are in CM Punk's family, you want what's best for him.

CM can fall into the shadows, take some piece of shit job that doesn't make him happy, or he can use the fame he has which he worked very hard for, and use what he's already worked hard for for his benefit, what's wrong with that from his perspective?

I understand your point of view. But using your logic, anyone with a family, a name, and no MMA experience, such as Phil, should get a shot at fighting in the UFC if they would like to, right? Do you honestly think this looks good for the sport or even makes sense?
4/15/19 4:28 PM
8/28/17

So he’s actively doing something he (and all of you pricks too) is passionate about and yet you guys still talk shit for no reason

4/15/19 4:30 PM
11/20/09
Gohan blanco - 

Here are pics of his match.  Seems like he tapped someone with a Kimura 

https://www.facebook.com/thegrapplinggames/photos/a.2401646183202279/2401649986535232?type=3&sfns=cl

Ok can't lie it's a bit frustrating he's a blue belt and attempts the kimura like that. Ugh
4/15/19 4:31 PM
11/20/09
Ministry of Truth - 
D241 - 
Ministry of Truth - 
Bilge Water - 

The guy is training and competing, good for him.  I'm not gonna hate on a guy for trying to get better. That's a bitch move.

But fighting in the UFC simply because it's your dream and you can use your name and sell your soul to take someone's place who better deserves it, is nothing more than utter shit.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

If you are in CM Punk's family, you want what's best for him.

CM can fall into the shadows, take some piece of shit job that doesn't make him happy, or he can use the fame he has which he worked very hard for, and use what he's already worked hard for for his benefit, what's wrong with that from his perspective?

I understand your point of view. But using your logic, anyone with a family, a name, and no MMA experience, such as Phil, should get a shot at fighting in the UFC if they would like to, right? Do you honestly think this looks good for the sport or even makes sense?

Is your gripes with the organization who offers this opportunity or the person who accepts it?

I need to know where you stand to determine if I disagree or not.

Some fighters get paid more than others. Do you blame them for taking more money or the organization for offering more?
4/15/19 4:32 PM
8/10/05
Berser_KED - 
Ministry of Truth - 
Gohan blanco - 
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

That’s the ufcs fault dipshit.  If a company offers you a job you always wanted over people far more qualified than you, would you turn that down?  Blame the ufc, not punk

You're kidding, right?

Do you honestly think Phil had no responsibility when signing a contract when he knew he was completely untested and running the risk of having a catastrophic result (as we saw)?

Are you seriously suggesting that someone should turn down an opportunity offered to him to do exactly what he set out to do in the first place all because of some schlubs getting bent out of shape on the interwebz? lol

You do realise it's a two way street here right? It's not like Punk had nothing on the line and was the only one gaining anything. He was more famous globally than most of the fighters in the UFC.

He wasn't up to standard but then neither are the majority of the women in the UFC. I wonder if you complain about them taken the spot of someone more deserving?

Nope. I'm just pointing out to Gohan blanco that a contract works both ways.

Hey if Phil's happy with his performance, and doesn't mind that he got destroyed multiple times and looked like an amateur fighting in a professional organization, all the power to him.

For those who aren't pro-wrestling fans and just appreciate MMA for the sake of martial arts, and the skill of various martial art forms, Phil's performance wasn't very appealing to the eyes, to be nice. ;)
Edited: 4/15/19 4:34 PM
8/10/05
And again, to be clear I think it's great he's competing at BJJ and especially at or near his skill level.

I only have an issue with him fighting in the UFC. He didn't belong there, and the results CLEARLY showed it.

Enough said.
4/15/19 5:40 PM
1/1/01
slap in the face to fighters who EARN the way into UFC.Punk was utterly destroyed in both fights and showed no skill.
4/15/19 5:41 PM
10/17/18
D241 -
Gohan blanco - 

https://www.facebook.com/thegrapplinggames/photos/a.2401646183202279/2401649986535232?type=3&sfns=cl

Ok can't lie it's a bit frustrating he's a blue belt and attempts the kimura like that. Ugh

Blue belt is just a rank above white.  It’s nothing special. Also, let’s see you execute clean technique against a full resisting opponent. 

4/15/19 5:59 PM
3/6/07
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

He did not take someone else’s place. 

Dont be a fool. 

Good for him making a name and using it. 

You all turn into little school girls bitching when his name comes up. 

4/15/19 7:45 PM
11/20/09
Ministry of Truth - And again, to be clear I think it's great he's competing at BJJ and especially at or near his skill level.

I only have an issue with him fighting in the UFC. He didn't belong there, and the results CLEARLY showed it.

Enough said.

I too think it's great he's competing. Usually jiu jitsu tournaments are pretty good at pairing up participants close in skill, size, and age.

He didn't belong there. No argument here.

But I still don't see why you are not blaming the people who made it happen, UFC, but instead are blaming the one person who arguably benefitted individually the most. That seems like you are clearly misplacing your frustration.

If a cop gives your girlfriend a warning for something she probably should've been ticketed for, are you seriously going to be mad at your girlfriend?

If for some reason UFC was interested in seeing you fight and was going to offer you a six figure payday for one fight, you would feel that's okay for them to do that?
4/15/19 7:48 PM
11/20/09
Gohan blanco - 
D241 -
Gohan blanco - 

Blue belt is just a rank above white.  It’s nothing special. Also, let’s see you execute clean technique against a full resisting opponent. 

I know the ranking system.

While you have a point that executing proper technique can be difficult against a resisting opponent, technique is technique and what you're not going to do, is tell me I'm wrong.

There's an old school UFC/Pride/KOTC(champion) who has a couple of nicknames and he is who taught me kimara techniques. Westside Strangler is one of his nicknames, the other nicknames is King of the Kimura. So, yeah, I don't think I was out of line with my comment and you seem to totally omit my original comment congratulating him for competing.
4/15/19 7:58 PM
1/1/01
D241 - 
Ministry of Truth - And again, to be clear I think it's great he's competing at BJJ and especially at or near his skill level.

Enough said.

I too think it's great he's competing. Usually jiu jitsu tournaments are pretty good at pairing up participants close in skill, size, and age.

He didn't belong there. No argument here.

But I still don't see why you are not blaming the people who made it happen, UFC, but instead are blaming the one person who arguably benefitted individually the most. That seems like you are clearly misplacing your frustration.

If a cop gives your girlfriend a warning for something she probably should've been ticketed for, are you seriously going to be mad at your girlfriend?

If for some reason UFC was interested in seeing you fight and was going to offer you a six figure payday for one fight, you would feel that's okay for them to do that?

not mad at him but im glad he lost and root against him
4/15/19 8:19 PM
11/24/13

Why’s everyone shit on him? If you got offered a quarter mil to get choked by Mickey Gall and fight a reported you’d take it no questions asked.

4/15/19 8:45 PM
4/19/17
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

Who's place could he possibly have taken? Grow up, he didn't crush someone's dream so he could fight in the ufc. The UFC paid him big dollars, deal with it.

4/15/19 8:46 PM
1/1/01
BJTT-BigDaddy - 

Why’s everyone shit on him? If you got offered a quarter mil to get choked by Mickey Gall and fight a reported you’d take it no questions asked.

ill fight CM Tommorow for 2000 bucks
4/15/19 8:48 PM
1/1/01
Carl Sonnen - 
Ministry of Truth - I think it's great that Phil competes and I wish him nothing but the best.

As far as fighting in the UFC is concerned, he used his name to jump the line and the results show a name is all he has. Ultimately, he didn't have the credentials and took an opportunity he didn't deserve from someone who likely did. The onus is on him more than anyone, since when it's all said and done, he got his ass kicked on the highest stage when he should have been tested the same way as every successful fighter; work your way up until you deserve the shot.
This. I wish Phil Brooks would stop acting like he's a legit UFC fighter. He wasn't. Reminds me of Danny Abbadi. After he got done making all those sandwiches for Matt, he lost a fight in the UFC and yelled out: "I'm a UFC fighter," or some shit. Legit lolz. Same shit going on with Phil. Its fucking sad.

he got his ass completely handed to him He showed zero skill in both fights and he is barely blue belt level .He sucks and UFC sucks for having him and Im glad he was utterly destroyed every second of both fights
4/15/19 8:53 PM
6/23/12

Cool. BJJ is a beautiful sport.

4/15/19 8:54 PM
2/10/09

He’s out there competing - respect 

4/15/19 9:03 PM
6/5/15
Ministry of Truth - 
Gohan blanco - 
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

That’s the ufcs fault dipshit.  If a company offers you a job you always wanted over people far more qualified than you, would you turn that down?  Blame the ufc, not punk

You're kidding, right?

Do you honestly think Phil had no responsibility when signing a contract when he knew he was completely untested and running the risk of having a catastrophic result (as we saw)?

i really think he had no clue what he was doing.

4/15/19 9:08 PM
3/25/02

He took Kurt Angle’s place. He didn’t keep a young lion out of the show. They made a spot for  him. Good in him for continuing to practice and compete given the results of his fights. He clearly loves this shit. 

4/15/19 9:15 PM
1/1/01
Why isn't he better? He has money and no job and has been training for over 4 years full time, right?
4/15/19 9:33 PM
12/24/10

Cm Punk will never be a quality MMA fighter. However why all the hate? The guy is a mega star pro wrestler who used that fame  to do something that he wanted to try. He looked like a clown but hey to each his own. The guy is competing in bjj and is probably enjoying it

4/15/19 9:39 PM
11/20/09
If CM Punk took someone else's place more deserving, a spot opened up when Ronda Rousey went to WWE even though she didn't train for wwe like many other's did.

But let's not be consistent though people....
4/15/19 9:45 PM
4/28/13

4/15/19 9:49 PM
1/1/01
D241 - If CM Punk took someone else's place more deserving, a spot opened up when Ronda Rousey went to WWE even though she didn't train for wwe like many other's did.

But let's not be consistent though people....

Not a good analogy. Love her or hate her, by all accounts Ronda is a very good pro wrestler. CM Punk isn't a very good mma fighter.