UnderGround Forums Cm punk gets bronze medal in bjj

4/15/19 12:36 PM
2/2/12

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/cm-punk-wins-bronze-competing-as-a-blue-belt-in-bjj/

Apparently there was only 3 people in his division including himself.

Nice participation medal punk.

4/15/19 12:59 PM
3/7/05
So he came in third in a division of three people? Well that should get him another UFC fight according to dana.
4/15/19 1:56 PM
1/14/12

Maybe he will stick to grappling he certainly has no business fighting professionally again.

4/15/19 2:00 PM
11/23/11

sounds like a bodybuilding contest. only 4 dudes show up and they're all old as shit with maybe one really in shape guy.

4/15/19 2:37 PM
2/2/15

The guy is training and competing, good for him.  I'm not gonna hate on a guy for trying to get better. That's a bitch move.

4/15/19 2:45 PM
8/10/05
Bilge Water - 

The guy is training and competing, good for him.  I'm not gonna hate on a guy for trying to get better. That's a bitch move.

Training and competing is commendable. I concur.

But fighting in the UFC simply because it's your dream and you can use your name and sell your soul to take someone's place who better deserves it, is nothing more than utter shit.
4/15/19 3:20 PM
4/25/11
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

But fighting in the UFC simply because it's your dream and you can use your name and sell your soul to take someone's place who better deserves it, is nothing more than utter shit.

Says ain internet scrotum sniffer. Hater face 

Good for him going out to compete and improve.

4/15/19 3:29 PM
1/1/01

Ha ha!  What a loser!  He's probably gonna go home and count his millions of dollars and have sex with AJ Lee.

4/15/19 3:29 PM
8/10/05
cantuna4u - 
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

Says ain internet scrotum sniffer. Hater face 

Good for him going out to compete and improve.

Anything actually constructive to add or counter with, or just name-calling?
4/15/19 3:32 PM
6/27/18
Bilge Water - 

Agreed. Don't even care about the bronze participation medal. He entered and competed, despite knowing people would be judging the hell out of him.

He obviously loves martial arts, and is testing himself, and improving himself. More than can be said for most of these internet forum critics.
4/15/19 3:35 PM
2/25/15
Dana should have punk fight a guy from a lower weight class. Cejudo vs Punk let's go! Yes i'm aware Punk is fucked.

Another idea is to do like boxing, where 1 weak fighter each rounds fights 1 guy. So some sort of 1v5.
4/15/19 3:38 PM
2/2/15
TequilaYuen -
Bilge Water - 

Agreed. Don't even care about the bronze participation medal. He entered and competed, despite knowing people would be judging the hell out of him.

He obviously loves martial arts, and is testing himself, and improving himself. More than can be said for most of these internet forum critics.

100%

4/15/19 3:40 PM
8/24/15
Bilge Water -

4/15/19 3:49 PM
1/1/01
Hikikomori - 

sounds like a bodybuilding contest. only 4 dudes show up and they're all old as shit with maybe one really in shape guy.

LMAO at this! I just went to support an old buddy in his first regional NPC physique competition.

This is exactly what happened in every division! I might do one with him next year for a participation ninja sword!
4/15/19 3:53 PM
10/17/18
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

That’s the ufcs fault dipshit.  If a company offers you a job you always wanted over people far more qualified than you, would you turn that down?  Blame the ufc, not punk

4/15/19 3:54 PM
10/17/18

Lol, I wonder how the guy who beat him must of felt?  Plus any video of info on how his match went?

4/15/19 3:54 PM
10/12/13
solidsnake - 
Hikikomori - 

LMAO at this! I just went to support an old buddy in his first regional NPC physique competition.

This is exactly what happened in every division! I might do one with him next year for a participation ninja sword!

5 months till the Ruby Classic!!
4/15/19 4:06 PM
2/3/10

Punk should go fight in Rizin, they would do punk vs somebody smaller

4/15/19 4:12 PM
10/17/18

Here are pics of his match.  Seems like he tapped someone with a Kimura 

https://www.facebook.com/thegrapplinggames/photos/a.2401646183202279/2401649986535232?type=3&sfns=cl

4/15/19 4:13 PM
12/15/00
Gohan blanco - 

Here are pics of his match.  Seems like he tapped someone with a Kimura 

https://www.facebook.com/thegrapplinggames/photos/a.2401646183202279/2401649986535232?type=3&sfns=cl

No, he lost on points in both his matches. He did have some moments seemingly with the kimura attempt.
4/15/19 4:14 PM
8/10/05
Gohan blanco - 
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

That’s the ufcs fault dipshit.  If a company offers you a job you always wanted over people far more qualified than you, would you turn that down?  Blame the ufc, not punk

You're kidding, right?

Do you honestly think Phil had no responsibility when signing a contract when he knew he was completely untested and running the risk of having a catastrophic result (as we saw)?
4/15/19 4:17 PM
11/20/09
Bilge Water - 

Thank you Bilge Water!

A guy paying money to compete, competing against men his size and skill level that he's never competed against, who literally want to choke him unconscious and/or break his limbs, is someone who should get respect.

If that's what CM punk did this past weekend, all the shit talkers here what did you do that was more bad ass this weekend?

4/15/19 4:18 PM
11/20/09
Ministry of Truth - 
Bilge Water - 

Don't hate the player hate the game.

If you are in CM Punk's family, you want what's best for him.

CM can fall into the shadows, take some piece of shit job that doesn't make him happy, or he can use the fame he has which he worked very hard for, and use what he's already worked hard for for his benefit, what's wrong with that from his perspective?
4/15/19 4:19 PM
8/10/05
I think it's great that Phil competes and I wish him nothing but the best.

As far as fighting in the UFC is concerned, he used his name to jump the line and the results show a name is all he has. Ultimately, he didn't have the credentials and took an opportunity he didn't deserve from someone who likely did. The onus is on him more than anyone, since when it's all said and done, he got his ass kicked on the highest stage when he should have been tested the same way as every successful fighter; work your way up until you deserve the shot.
4/15/19 4:23 PM
4/5/08
Ministry of Truth - 
Gohan blanco - 
Ministry of Truth -
Bilge Water - 

You're kidding, right?

Do you honestly think Phil had no responsibility when signing a contract when he knew he was completely untested and running the risk of having a catastrophic result (as we saw)?

Are you seriously suggesting that someone should turn down an opportunity offered to him to do exactly what he set out to do in the first place all because of some schlubs getting bent out of shape on the interwebz? lol

You do realise it's a two way street here right? It's not like Punk had nothing on the line and was the only one gaining anything. He was more famous globally than most of the fighters in the UFC.

He wasn't up to standard but then neither are the majority of the women in the UFC. I wonder if you complain about them taken the spot of someone more deserving?