UnderGround Forums Coach: GSP would return for a megafight

Edited: 9 days ago
1/1/01

TriStar MMA founder Firas Zahabi recently sat down with Joe Rogan and discussed Georges St-Pierre potentially returning to MMA. It began when Rogan asked Zahabi if GSP still trained.

“All the time,” said Zahabi, as transcribed by Jed Meshew for MMA Fighting. “He’s a machine. Dude, I’m telling you, if Usman or Colby gets injured . . . I don’t want to talk for Georges but man, he can kill anybody. He can kill anybody this man. He’s the world’s greatest martial artist. He’s a monster. I was just training with him Saturday.

“He loves to train. Saturday he trained, he finished all his rounds, and then he coached some blue belts and purple belts, just kind of hanging out with them, talking technique. The guy loves this stuff.”

"I don’t want to talk for him, but I think the thing that’s going to motivate him [to return to the Octagon] is a megafight. He doesn’t want to be champion again and fight every three-four months. That’s done. It’s not gonna happen no more. But one megafight. Invite him back for a megafight and see if you could entice him because he’s a competitor. He’s still training, he’s still ripped, shredded, fighting. He can do five rounds. Maybe he can’t do five rounds right away but he [only] needs a few weeks and then he’s doing five rounds. He’s close to being there. He can get in fight shape. He’s just a monster.”

So what fight would do it?

“165. Khabib,” replied Zahabi.

Nurmagomedov fights Tony Ferguson on a UFC PPV event on April 18, in Brooklyn, New York. If that  fight happens, one of the money fights "The Eagle" will be calling for next is GSP.
9 days ago
2/15/06
I would love to see GSP fight again but hopefully not just a one off fight. I would love to see him do 3 more fights.
9 days ago
2/27/11

If he wins Khabib has to call him out in the post fight interview

9 days ago
11/20/05

So he'll return if he can fight a much smaller guy, lol..... Just like he wanted to return against Bisping, the easiest stylistic matchup for him after ducking Anderson for years. Stay retired.

9 days ago
7/10/02
Hate420 - 

So he'll return if he can fight a much smaller guy, lol..... Just like he wanted to return against Bisping, the easiest stylistic matchup for him after ducking Anderson for years. Stay retired.

Wow. You'd simply qualify Khabib as a "smaller guy"? Easy pickings? An undefeated fighter?

Part of me want to see that bout, no doubt. But GSP has been so inactive for so long, it's near impossible we'd get a 'prime level GSP'.

9 days ago
6/9/16
Hate420 -

"much smaller guy"???

You ever seen Khabib and GSP side by side? There's not a big difference in height or weight. 

https://i.imgur.com/jmeHDVKl.jpg

9 days ago
11/20/05

GSPs last fight was at MW. GSP fans for years used GSP being a WW as an excuse that he shouldn't fight the MW Anderson Silva..... Now GSP fans are fine with him wanting to fight a LW.... Seems hypocritical to me.

9 days ago
11/20/05
Sprawl'n'Stall -
Hate420 - 

Wow. You'd simply qualify Khabib as a "smaller guy"? Easy pickings? An undefeated fighter?

Part of me want to see that bout, no doubt. But GSP has been so inactive for so long, it's near impossible we'd get a 'prime level GSP'.

GSP fans for years called Silva a pussy for wanting to fight the champ a division below. They insisted Anderson should be trying to fight Jones instead. 

GSP won the MW title his last fight, now wants to fight the champ 2 divisions below.... And at a catch weight to boot to give him an even bigger advantage. He should be looking to fight undefeated Izzy if anyone.

9 days ago
6/20/13
Taco Muncher -
Hate420 -

"much smaller guy"???

You ever seen Khabib and GSP side by side? There's not a big difference in height or weight. 

Isnt Khabib taller than Cormier?

9 days ago
2/15/06
Taco Muncher - 
Hate420 -

"much smaller guy"???

9 days ago
9/9/12

I don't see the issue.

GSP ran through every top WW in MMA during his reign. He set HOF records and was a pioneer for the sport.

If he wants to come back for a big ticket non-title fight, the door is open.  

9 days ago
9/9/12
Hate420 -
Sprawl'n'Stall -
Hate420 - 

GSP fans for years called Silva a pussy for wanting to fight the champ a division below. They insisted Anderson should be trying to fight Jones instead. 

GSP won the MW title his last fight, now wants to fight the champ 2 divisions below.... And at a catch weight to boot to give him an even bigger advantage. He should be looking to fight undefeated Izzy if anyone.

Come on brother, nobody thought Silva was a pussy.

He was the consensus #1 P4P fighter in the UFC. Hell, I even thought Silva in his prime could've given Fedor a run for his money. 

9 days ago
9/19/13

GSP vs Khabib only fight that matters

9 days ago
10/22/14
Hate420 -

Lol do you understand how retarded you sound when in the same breath you rag on him for only fighting if he can fight a much smaller guy and rag on him for taking the bisping fight?

So it's about size when it's convenient for your point and it's about ability when it's convenient for your point? So what is it? GSP will only fight guys who are less skilled then him? or smaller? which one is it? Or is it either or? What if GSP is the most skilled guy in MMA, you could make a very valid argument that no one in mma is more skilled than him (not saying you'd be right but you could make that argument)

9 days ago
10/13/08

Bisping rematch

9 days ago
2/25/06

He should just stay retired. I enjoy watching him fight, but he’s at an all time high. He should quit on top. 

9 days ago
1/23/06
Stay retired or fight someone like Nate Diaz in a money fight showcase
9 days ago
7/8/06
Hate420 -

Screen name checks out.

9 days ago
7/8/06
CRE - Stay retired or fight someone like Nate Diaz in a money fight showcase

That’s Nick’s fight.

9 days ago
6/16/07
the greatest of all time should be able to do whatever he wants.
8 days ago
2/29/16

GSP vs. Khabib for the 155 lbs belt in Montreal would be HUGE.

8 days ago
1/1/01
Hate420 - 

The first part of your sname is right, change 420 to GSP

8 days ago
2/17/03
Nick Diaz still GOAT - the greatest of all time should be able to do whatever he wants.

8 days ago
2/25/15
I actually think GSP would be the favorite if he fought Covington.
8 days ago
2/17/03
floofy - I actually think GSP would be the favorite if he fought Covington.

He'd be the favorite over Usman and Colby.