UnderGround Forums Colby Covington sick of UFC treating him like crap

10 days ago
1/14/12

Dana just going to leave both guys sitting out till they come to the table ready to fight.

Personally just my opinion but I don’t see either guy as a big draw as a main event it would probably need a good under card or co main.

10 days ago
11/21/11

There’s a lotta hype behind Colby, even if it is negative hype.  There’s no doubt he is polarizing.  Like it or not, he’s good for the game because he evokes emotion from fans. Usman needs to up his game because colby is the selling this fight and Usman aint doing shit. 

dana needs to pay the fighters better and promote them better instead of denying fans the fights they want to see.  The fans are paying for the product.  

Show these fighters the $$$.  

One FC is looking better and better 

10 days ago
6/27/02
EKPOGI -
KirkBJJ -

I don’t think the Hollywood elite that run the UFC want a white MAGA champion as one of the faces of their company... he’s never gonna have an easy road with anything with that gimmick. 

Dana is a MAGA guy too.

Dana has real bosses now and they aren’t. Hollywood and ESPN do not want to blast Colby Covington all over the place as the world champion... guaranteed. 

10 days ago
5/14/06

Trump should offer to double his pay. He’s his sturdy friend in an ocean of kneelers and White House black ballers. 

Edited: 10 days ago
7/19/13

I agree with Colby. Dana treats fighters fucked up. If he offered him a shitty offer with the threat of going with someone else, with no room for negotiating, despite Colby being one of the hottest names at 170lb through his body of work, that’s fucked up! Same thing he’s doing to Tony Ferguson no doubt behind the scenes..that’s what this whole Conor next angle is in that situation. Trying to threaten to take what they deserve for even attempting to ask for what they’re worth. Some guys like Conor get to make demands and negotiate. Others get treated like bitches by the promotion, and undervalued with the threat of missing out on opportunities for even trying to negotiate. It’s sad and exposes the scum at the top for what they are. Dana White is a pos.. he’ll tear down a fighter who deserves it just because they ask for what they’re worth. 

Doing this to Tony Ferguson is criminal! No doubt this is exactly what they have going behind the scenes with him too.. 

10 days ago
11/20/09
I get both sides but how it is right now, UFC has the power. Just like NFL owners do. If Colby wants to complain and not get paid, that's exactly what is going to happen. Colby will be stale, others will get an opportunity accepting pay he wouldn't. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's how it is. Keep fighting, become the undisputed champion, and watch how much things change in your favor once this is done.
10 days ago
2/15/06
KnockoutThoughts - 

I agree with Colby. Dana treats fighters fucked up. If he offered him a shitty offer with the threat of going with someone else, with no room for negotiating, despite Colby being one of the hottest names at 170lb through his body of work, that’s fucked up! Same thing he’s doing to Tony Ferguson no doubt behind the scenes..that’s what this whole Conor next angle is in that situation. Trying to threaten to take what they deserve for even attempting to ask for what they’re worth. Some guys like Conor get to make demands and negotiate. Others get treated like bitches by the promotion, and undervalued with the threat of missing out on opportunities for even trying to negotiate. It’s sad and exposes the scum at the top for what they are. Dana White is a pos.. he’ll tear down a fighter who deserves it just because they ask for what they’re worth. 

Doing this to Tony Ferguson is criminal! No doubt this is exactly what they have going behind the scenes with him too.. 

Good post!
10 days ago
8/14/12

Dana keeps saying tony is next unless he declines the fight. I bet the ufc are offering tony a take it or leave it peanuts offer too hoping he says no and they can book Conor and say tony doesn’t want to fight. 

10 days ago
7/18/11
Hikikomori -
The Assassanator -

Now that Masvidal is officially fighting Diaz. The ONLY options for Usman to fight are Colby and Edwards. 

Obviously 99% of the fans would rather see the Colby fight than the Edwards fight.

In that regard I feel like Colby does have a small amount of leverage here because the UFC really only has 2 options, and he is the obvious better option of the two.

nope, usman could rematch woodley.

Woodley is probably last in the list. At least with Colby they can get SOME eyeballs on the screen. Not to mention Woodley was thoroughly beaten the first time around. 

10 days ago
7/18/11
Vikingknee -

Dana keeps saying tony is next unless he declines the fight. I bet the ufc are offering tony a take it or leave it peanuts offer too hoping he says no and they can book Conor and say tony doesn’t want to fight. 

Wrong division bud!

10 days ago
7/27/04
KirkBJJ -
EKPOGI -
KirkBJJ -

I don’t think the Hollywood elite that run the UFC want a white MAGA champion as one of the faces of their company... he’s never gonna have an easy road with anything with that gimmick. 

Dana is a MAGA guy too.

Dana has real bosses now and they aren’t. Hollywood and ESPN do not want to blast Colby Covington all over the place as the world champion... guaranteed. 

Colby and Dana were in the White House last year with the ufc belt.

How can you guarantee anyway?

10 days ago
3/13/18

Doesn't the big money come after you become the (real) champ? Take the fight, win then negotiate thereafter. Him, that guy with the ears, other? keep clinging to this fantasy belt and keep trying to negotiate against that. Ridiculous.  That other guy scoffed at the idea of flying to Dubai on standby because in his addled mind he believes he is the real champ.

Grab the pot of gold anyway you can then you can command whatever you want.

10 days ago
3/15/19

IF Colby is telling the truth, then good on him. UFC could pay him more if they wanted to. They don’t HAVE to, but they could. 

If he fights and loses, or looks bad in a win, Dana has no issue trashing him and throwing him into the undercard. So take what he can get when he can get it. 

Unfortunately for him, the UFC now doesn’t need any one star to make money so they can ignore him forever if they want.  

10 days ago
8/14/12
SickEye -
Vikingknee -

Wrong division bud!

Well aware. Simply drawing a similarity to the two situations 

10 days ago
7/18/11
Vikingknee -
SickEye -
Vikingknee -

Wrong division bud!

Well aware. Simply drawing a similarity to the two situations 

Oops

10 days ago
8/31/14
Hikikomori -

According to “Chaos,” the initial offer was a “take it or leave it” deal and the UFC left no room for discussion on the details. Since Covington doesn’t consider himself a title challenger, he said he is unwilling to accept a generic contract offer.

“My side of the story is, I’m ready to fight, I was ready to fight, but the UFC came to be with the basic challenger’s offer,” Covington said. “I’m a champion. There was no negotiation. They came and ran at me and said, ‘Here, take this, or leave it and we’ll pass it on to the next person. That’s not fair negotiating and that’s not right. So I’m not going to take the first offer that you offer me.”

Hopeful for a compromise, Covington explained he wants to be paid what his worth. In his mind, he’s the A-side in this fight and should be compensated as such. Additionally, he said Usman should house some of the blame for the fizzled bout proposal and alleged the champion was refusing to fight everyone the UFC offered.

“We need to meet in the middle,” Covington said. “There’s more that needs to be done. But also, I’m the A-side and you can’t even get the B-side done with Usman. Why are we even rushing this if you can’t get the B-side done?

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/colby-covington-says-recent-negotiations-not-fair-sick-of-ufc-treating-him-like-crap

Colby has negotiated his way right out of a title fight. He should probably stop reading "Art Of The Deal" before he negotiates his way out of the UFC. 

10 days ago
11/20/05
sloppyfloppys -
Hikikomori -

According to “Chaos,” the initial offer was a “take it or leave it” deal and the UFC left no room for discussion on the details. Since Covington doesn’t consider himself a title challenger, he said he is unwilling to accept a generic contract offer.

“My side of the story is, I’m ready to fight, I was ready to fight, but the UFC came to be with the basic challenger’s offer,” Covington said. “I’m a champion. There was no negotiation. They came and ran at me and said, ‘Here, take this, or leave it and we’ll pass it on to the next person. That’s not fair negotiating and that’s not right. So I’m not going to take the first offer that you offer me.”

Hopeful for a compromise, Covington explained he wants to be paid what his worth. In his mind, he’s the A-side in this fight and should be compensated as such. Additionally, he said Usman should house some of the blame for the fizzled bout proposal and alleged the champion was refusing to fight everyone the UFC offered.

“We need to meet in the middle,” Covington said. “There’s more that needs to be done. But also, I’m the A-side and you can’t even get the B-side done with Usman. Why are we even rushing this if you can’t get the B-side done?

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/colby-covington-says-recent-negotiations-not-fair-sick-of-ufc-treating-him-like-crap

Colby has negotiated his way right out of a title fight. He should probably stop reading "Art Of The Deal" before he negotiates his way out of the UFC. 

If they really wanted to pay him less to fight for a title than they did his last fight out against Robbie, then that's just ridiculous and I don't blame him.

10 days ago
3/22/16
StrikingMMA - 
KnockoutThoughts - 

Good post!

Funny how when Woodley made the same argument about pay everyone crucified him here.

We are also assuming Colby is being truthful all of a sudden?
10 days ago
1/1/01
SickEye - 
Vikingknee -

Wrong division bud!

Same exact situation, though. So you know it's not just about Colby. It's the way the UFC does business.
10 days ago
10/20/10

It's not the UFC's fault.

Colby signed a contract to say this is what he will fight for. 

The UFC are asking him to honour that contract but he wants more.

Win the title, then ask for more negotiating.

10 days ago
5/18/15
Vikingknee -

Even if all that maneuvering is taking place, why would Khabib agree to fight Mcgregor? he’s already said that Conor needs to work his way back up to a fight with him. 

10 days ago
10/16/06

As much as I’d see Colby fight and get flatlined, seeing him sidelined and told he means nothing is even more satisfying.

Jorge made him even look like more of a stooge on the MMA Hour. This shtick will backfire 

10 days ago
4/18/13

The UFC will do the same thing to Tony. If he doesn't take whatever they first offer, they'll go straight to McGregor

10 days ago
9/7/19
I dunno feel like we're not hearing the full story here
10 days ago
2/24/11

The guy wearing the MAGA hat playing the victim rather than taking responsibility for his own actions? Color me surprised!

How about the fact that you are not a champion because you got striped for acting like a diva? How about the fact you got the shittiest ratings/ticket sales? How about the fact nobody likes you because you keep on burning bridges?

Idiot.