UnderGround Forums Colby Covington training for RDA & wow

5/17/18 10:43 AM
3/2/12

Colby is a decent wrestler but absolutely nowhere near the level to lay on RDA for 5 rounds. dos Anjos is going to maul Colby.

5/17/18 11:24 AM
10/24/03
failure at life -
The Sauce -

Southpaw leaning right and dropping right hand on a straight left punch = prime for a left hook 

You are right if one of them was a righty but they are both southpaws. That doesn't apply with two southpaws

Dropping your hand and leaning always applies, regardless of the stance 

5/17/18 11:54 AM
2/17/03
Colby might beat RDA. But this video shouldn't strike fear into RDA's heart.
5/17/18 12:01 PM
10/9/10
failure at life -
MMAinterviews -
Bam57Bam -
multiculturaljoseph -

Colby is going to get fucked. 

Can't wait hahaha. 

This.

If this was a prison fight out would end with RDA ass fucking him. 

you're in for a rude awakening. He just dominated a guy that dominated RDA in this video. 

That video is only practice. Wins, checks, and belts aren't given after practice.

secondly, when Tibau beat RDA, tibau clearly was on better gear. RDA didn't get on stuff as good as tibau until he came out and flat lined Ben Henderson.

3rd, that fight was a really long time ago and dos anjos has made huge gains since then

This. Looking good in a heavily edited video of sparring Tibau who hasn’t been at the top for years, isn’t really a compliment. 

5/17/18 12:05 PM
2/4/06

I've got Colby at +125. Easy money

5/17/18 12:27 PM
6/20/11

Athletically looking terribly mediocre 

5/17/18 1:15 PM
5/9/06
BrowBeaten -

His trash talk seems amateur. 

He's no Chael. Not even close.

That having been said.... I can't decide if I hate him or love him.

He repeats a lot of lines from WWE / WWF history almost verbatim. Some of what he says gives me chuckle, but a lot of it makes me cringe because it’s poorly rehearsed, rehashing of someone else’s character. I’ve heard him do the rock “it doesn’t matter what your name is”, flair’s “wooo”, some Dusty Rhodes stuff, Jericho, and more.  I imagine some younger guys or non pro wrestling fans might love it (or hate it). I personally love the pro wrestling approach, but prefer the way Chael does it. Stolen, but made his own. Colby seems to steal and mimmick, so it’s far less authentic, but maybe he’ll improve. 

I honestly don’t pay much attention to his fighting ability. I think it’s largely irrelevant. 

5/17/18 1:45 PM
2/4/06

You guys get too emotional with your fight picks. Remove all the noise and see

+110-+125 Colby is money

5/17/18 1:50 PM
2/25/15
Colby has the wrestling edge and should be able to score some TD, but he won't be able to take down RDA at will imo.

RDA clearly had the striking edge, no doubt about it.

RDA probably also has the better ground game, and should at least be able not to take too much damage on the ground.

If this fight lasted 5 rounds i would be confident in RDA, but since its a 3 rounder, it might be closer.
5/17/18 2:32 PM
8/15/07
Everyone seems to have forgotten that Colby was outstruck by Maia for the first round.
5/17/18 2:38 PM
2/25/15
Soul Gravy - Everyone seems to have forgotten that Colby was outstruck by Maia for the first round.

Not sure where this comes from, everyone agrees RDA should have the striking edge in this fight.

But i would keep in mind that in first round, Colby was extremely carefull avoiding that the fight goes to the ground at all cost.
5/18/18 12:32 AM
6/5/12
floofy - Colby has the wrestling edge and should be able to score some TD, but he won't be able to take down RDA at will imo.

RDA clearly had the striking edge, no doubt about it.

RDA probably also has the better ground game, and should at least be able not to take too much damage on the ground.

If this fight lasted 5 rounds i would be confident in RDA, but since its a 3 rounder, it might be closer.

its' a 5 round interim title fight doggy. Colby is going to win this fight. People are underestimating him but that doens't matter to him.

5/18/18 10:51 AM
11/29/11

Colby is exhausting to roll with and Is constantly pressuring on the feet. Rda has a punchers chance and a shot at a guillotine on a lazy shot from Colby. Colby should have rda back in up the entire fight, against the fence, rda worrying about the td will be eating more shots than he should and if not will be taken down and eating shots on the ground. Colby's gas tank looks unlimited but this is first 5 rounder. Rda has showed great cardio in the past when he is pressuring. That isn't happening against Colby who probably has the hardest to keep pace in the division. I see Colby taking over in the last 2 rounds and possibly tkoing rda 

5/18/18 11:10 AM
2/4/06
2breath2feel -

Colby is exhausting to roll with and Is constantly pressuring on the feet. Rda has a punchers chance and a shot at a guillotine on a lazy shot from Colby. Colby should have rda back in up the entire fight, against the fence, rda worrying about the td will be eating more shots than he should and if not will be taken down and eating shots on the ground. Colby's gas tank looks unlimited but this is first 5 rounder. Rda has showed great cardio in the past when he is pressuring. That isn't happening against Colby who probably has the hardest to keep pace in the division. I see Colby taking over in the last 2 rounds and possibly tkoing rda 

This guy knows

Colby is a good bet

5/18/18 7:40 PM
9/18/02

Colby gets shit kicked. He’ll get a couple take downs but RDA won’t take damage on the ground. And Colby’s overconfidence on his feet will get him cracked at some point. RDA by ref stoppage in the 4th.

5/18/18 7:52 PM
10/17/13
He's fun to watch.