UnderGround Forums Colby on Khabib "He's not that talented man"

18 days ago
1/23/06

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/5/9/17334010/ufc-225-colby-covington-targeting-three-world-titles-considering-fighting-at-155-and-185-mma-news

In a recent interview with BJ Penn Radio, “Chaos” laid out his plans to fight for two more world titles: at lightweight and middleweight.

“I’m looking for three belts. I’m looking to do something that’s never been done in this sport,” Covington said. “I wanna go down to 155. I wanna go up to 185 and take the belt.”

Robert Whittaker hasn’t been that impressive,” he continued. “He got knocked out by choir boy Stephen Thompson. Karate, everybody knows that sh-t don’t work. As far as Khabib, the guy couldn’t finish a real estate on 20 hours notice. That’s sad, man. If that dweeb ever comes up to 170, I’ll rag doll him like the chump he is.”

While many continue to laud Khabib for his dominant performances, the undefeated streak and finally winning the title, Covington is not that all impressed.

“He’s not that talented, man. His wrestling doesn’t add up to good wrestlers,” Covington said of Nurmagomedov. “He has good pressure, but he’s going against guys, not all American Division I wrestlers who have been wrestling since they were five years old.”

“My hips are completely different, my scrambles and my takedowns,” he added. “I’m a bigger, better, strong, everything better than him. I’m way more handsome. We all know that. I don’t think that his skills are that good, and they don’t translate up to 170, but that’s why I’ll go to 155 if need be.”

“I’ll meet him in Russia. I’d love to go to Russia and silence that crowd and give the Russian fans something to cry about.”

Edited: 18 days ago
1/23/06

Khabib vs. Gregor Gillespie would be interesting too, someone that grew up competing against Jordan Burroughs. NCAA Champ.

18 days ago
9/5/11

Colby is an idiot but has Khabib ever fought a life long wrestler? 

Edited: 18 days ago
1/23/06
Malvert the Janitor - 

Abel Trujillo. Tony Ferguson is a life long wrestler.

Khabib also set the takedown record himself against Trujllo 

"Nurmagomedov holds the UFC record for most takedowns in a single fight at 21, which he accomplished at UFC 160 in 2013."

18 days ago
9/5/11
CRE -
Malvert the Janitor - 

"Nurmagomedov holds the UFC record for most takedowns in a single fight at 21, which he accomplished at UFC 160 in 2013."

Meh..

18 days ago
1/23/06

Ferguson snapping Trujillo down

18 days ago
1/1/01

Colby vs Khabib makes me moist. 

Be interesting. 

18 days ago
5/17/08

lol Putin’s gonna put a hit out on Colby if he ends up in Russia

18 days ago
1/7/06
CRE -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Does that mean Trujillo set the record for most stand ups?  Seems like a an equally impressive feat

18 days ago
1/15/07

Not a fan of either Colby or Khabib, but I'd definitely watch that fight if it happened.

18 days ago
6/26/06
He's kind of right. Khabib's backyard sambo is an unsolvable puzzle for most, but to an elite American wrestler its trash. Colby will erase Khabib, who is looking for a $$ fight instead.
18 days ago
3/14/02
Saying that Khabib does not have skill is not trash talking - It is pure ignorance.
18 days ago
6/29/15

Khabibs only has 2 big wins. Connor and rda. Really not that impressed.

18 days ago
6/27/02

Colby vs Khabib would have an amazing build up... it’d be like a real life Hulk Hogan vs the Iron Shiek or Nikolai Volkov in the WWF in the 80’s. Not sure if that’s even smart in the current social climate. Might be too much but if there’s no such thing as bad publicity, this is a good one to think about making! 

17 days ago
12/3/02

“I’ll meet him in Russia. I’d love to go to Russia and silence that crowd and give the Russian fans something to cry about.”

fucking awesome. 

17 days ago
9/22/16
crazydave - 

fucking awesome. 

I would purchase that PPV.
17 days ago
2/25/12

Khabib has not fought many tough fights in terms of true elite level

If he beats Ferguson then fair enough but 170 is where the real killers are

17 days ago
7/19/13

Colby vs Tony.. Ferguson fucks him up

13 days ago
1/23/06
crazydave - 

fucking awesome. 

Been studying the tape and don't see a particular weakness besides the fact he cuts.

One thing I'm noticing is this isn't a gimmick or an act as much as people are wanting to think.
13 days ago
8/10/18
CRE -
crazydave - 

fucking awesome. 

Been studying the tape and don't see a particular weakness besides the fact he cuts.

One thing I'm noticing is this isn't a gimmick or an act as much as people are wanting to think.

it is a gimmick, colby didn't even vote for trump for god sake ...

13 days ago
1/23/06
ggh - 
CRE -
crazydave - 

fucking awesome. 

I read the article by Botter.
Edited: 13 days ago
1/23/06

You think Khabib is going to talk wif Dustin and his corner when maul him?

"Where's Colby? Where is this guy?"

13 days ago
6/28/10

"“He got knocked out by choir boy Stephen Thompson. Karate, everybody knows that sh-t don’t work."

What does Jorge think about this line? lol

Edited: 13 days ago
6/28/10
ggh -
CRE -
crazydave - 

fucking awesome. 

haha. Rent free.

It's not a gimick. Colby is all about that MAGA.

13 days ago
3/12/15

Colby would destroy Khabib