UnderGround Forums Conor McGregor interview talks Khabib fight

25 days ago
12/24/10
ChimpFL -

Forgot Aldo also sorry. Yeah he fought a bunch of chumps lol

Dont forget Chad Mendez too. It is pointless to argue with idiots. Connor is one of the all time hreats

25 days ago
12/23/02
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
ChimpFL - 
BreakALegAndy! -
ChimpFL -

Forgot Mendez also. Yeah he had it so easy.

Mendes on DAYS notice, lol. Max was not an elite fighter at that time and has done very little in sport. Eddie is way overrated and at this point can’t even win outside the UFC. Dustin? Lol and then you mention Diaz who beat Conor’s ass. 

Max was not an elite fighter at that time and has done "very little in sport"

Yeak ok

well he was 7 and 2 the time he fought McGregor (3-2 in ufc). He wasn't exactly elite at the time (2KO's and 5 decision wins btw).

Oh ok so it makes no difference that was his last loss before his incredible win streak. 

25 days ago
12/23/02
BreakALegAndy! -
ChimpFL -
BreakALegAndy! -
ChimpFL -

Mendes on DAYS notice, lol. Max was not an elite fighter at that time and has done very little in sport. Eddie is way overrated and at this point can’t even win outside the UFC. Dustin? Lol and then you mention Diaz who beat Conor’s ass. 

Yeak ok

At that time he wasn’t and had not, lol. Get off Conor’s nuts 

Not on his nuts you have Conor derangement syndrome friend. Its alright show us where he touched you.

25 days ago
12/23/02
phatcat -
ChimpFL -

Dont forget Chad Mendez too. It is pointless to argue with idiots. Connor is one of the all time hreats

Yep you are correct.

25 days ago
11/28/03

i'd enjoy watching conor ko frankie

surprised conor aint after maxs belt

25 days ago
5/8/16

A lot of fighters being shit on in this thread. 155 is easily the most stacked division in the sport. One doesn't simply get lucky and win a light weight championship.....

25 days ago
9/28/06
Waxx - 

A lot of fighters being shit on in this thread. 155 is easily the most stacked division in the sport. One doesn't simply get lucky and win a light weight championship.....

Great post and should end/Thread!

25 days ago
3/6/14
BreakALegAndy! -
ChimpFL -

McGregor talks some shite but fuck me you're a dopey cunt. 

25 days ago
10/26/05
BreakALegAndy! - 
ChimpFL -

I'm no Conor apologist but this narrative is dead wrong and needs to stop. Mendes was on notice the moment the Aldo fight was signed that he was the backup. He's said so in interviews. This off the couch shit is stupid.
25 days ago
5/23/07
ChimpFL - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
ChimpFL - 
BreakALegAndy! -
ChimpFL -

Yeak ok

well he was 7 and 2 the time he fought McGregor (3-2 in ufc). He wasn't exactly elite at the time (2KO's and 5 decision wins btw).

Oh ok so it makes no difference that was his last loss before his incredible win streak. 

no....I mentioned that in a later post. Put the goalposts wherever you like Chimp
24 days ago
3/7/07

I read the front page title, Conor wants rematch with Khabib. I let out this silliest little grin. Conor you’re so silly. Go sit down. 

24 days ago
3/18/14

Hasn't won in years. Give him a couple of fights to earn it although I don't like his chances against 155ers. Built his career beating up smaller, non-wrestlers

24 days ago
2/23/19

I'm not committing to either side, but it's worth remembering that Conor is literally 50/50 outside of 145. 

24 days ago
4/14/13

OMFG I'm so sick of hearing about him, just fight or go away already.

24 days ago
5/18/12
chupecabre -
BreakALegAndy! - 
ChimpFL -

I'm no Conor apologist but this narrative is dead wrong and needs to stop. Mendes was on notice the moment the Aldo fight was signed that he was the backup. He's said so in interviews. This off the couch shit is stupid.

The fuck he was, he was posting pictures on instagram the week before the fight, he was camping and fishing, for a month 

Diaz was on a yacht in Cabo too.

Noticing a trend?

The guy is a good fighter but he got his hand held by uncle Dana and the furrytits brothers, he was making them bread with his obnoxious wanker routine.

Denying that is as bad as saying Eddie is no good.

24 days ago
12/7/18
Samoa -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
ChimpFL - 
BreakALegAndy! -
ChimpFL -

Yeak ok

3-2 in the UFC and coming off a loss. He definitely wasn’t a contender at all at that point. It’s a legit win but to say “Max Holloway” as a resume builder for CM is a huge stretch. 

This is absolute non sense. Holloway's other loss was to Bermudaz, a split decision which many thought Holloway won. The other loss Holloway had was to Poirier. And surprise surprise Poirier beat Hollaway again, just like Conor would again. There are levels to this shit. And the fact is that Conor smoked Holloway while he himself was a prospect too. Theres no excuses. Another fact is that Holloway didn't lose to anyone else again, until losing to the same guy again. Proving that when prospect Conor beat Holloway it was still absolutely an ELITE win. I would take Conor's win over a young prime Holloway, over Jones's wins over old aging retirement home citizens, ALL DAY OF THE WEEK and twice on sundays

Edited: 24 days ago
12/7/18
Suicidalforlife -
chupecabre -
BreakALegAndy! - 
ChimpFL -

The fuck he was, he was posting pictures on instagram the week before the fight, he was camping and fishing, for a month 

Noticing a trend?

The guy is a good fighter but he got his hand held by uncle Dana and the furrytits brothers, he was making them bread with his obnoxious wanker routine.

Absolutely false

http://m.fightland.vice.com/blog/money-or-not-chad-mendes-was-all-over-replacement-duties

"Money Mendes would be the backup fighter to face Irishman Conor McGregor."

Now pay close attention to this one.

""""""Fight or no fight, the UFC announced he will still be paid. Mendes had already agreed, apparently not aware about that stipulation:

"Honestly, I don’t know,” he told Yahoo Sports. “I guess we’re still talking. I don’t really know. But they offered me the chance to be the stand-by fighter for UFC and, paid or not, I was all over it. I was 100 percent going to do it.”""""""

Before Conor vs Aldo was ever even signed, Mendes was payed to be the replacement fighter, based on Aldo's history of pull outs. Mendes had months in advance to prepare. It was Conor who had to go from preparing for Aldo to suddenly preparing for Mendes at the very last minute. Plus Conor had a knee injury. Those are the cold hard facts. Conor still smashed a rioded out Mendes in under 2 rounds. Those are the facts. Look, i get what your whole shtick is. But don't you ever get tired of being the stereotypical deluded Conor hating basement dwelling reject?

24 days ago
3/7/07

Conor best a dangerous Mendes. That said Conor has the reach and striking advantage. 

Conor was stronger and faster than Diaz in every way. Still lost.

conor was tailored to best Eddie. Eddie is the slowest and most sluggish of all the 55 champs, fit right into Conor’s game. 

Is Conor a good fighter, yes. Does Conor pick the fights he can win? Yes.

is him wanting a rematch due to his ego. Yes and he will get smashed by the Eagle again. 

24 days ago
5/18/12
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Suicidalforlife -
chupecabre -
BreakALegAndy! - 
ChimpFL -

Noticing a trend?

Absolutely false

http://m.fightland.vice.com/blog/money-or-not-chad-mendes-was-all-over-replacement-duties

"Money Mendes would be the backup fighter to face Irishman Conor McGregor."

Now pay close attention to this one.

""""""Fight or no fight, the UFC announced he will still be paid. Mendes had already agreed, apparently not aware about that stipulation:

"Honestly, I don’t know,” he told Yahoo Sports. “I guess we’re still talking. I don’t really know. But they offered me the chance to be the stand-by fighter for UFC and, paid or not, I was all over it. I was 100 percent going to do it.”""""""

Before Conor vs Aldo was ever even signed, Mendes was payed to be the replacement fighter, based on Aldo's history of pull outs. Mendes had months in advance to prepare. It was Conor who had to go from preparing for Aldo to suddenly preparing for Mendes at the very last minute. Plus Conor had a knee injury. Those are the cold hard facts. Conor still smashed a rioded out Mendes in under 2 rounds. Those are the facts. Look, i get what your whole shtick is. But don't you ever get tired of being the stereotypical deluded Conor hating basement dwelling reject?

Fuck off you retarded cunt. I am not even reading that horse shit. I was following the sport.

I don't give a flying fuck what you have to say, do not quote me or respond to me again you brain dead fuck wit.

24 days ago
5/15/15

Wow.. hes so similar  to Tito Ortiz it hurts!! 

Smashed his way to the top. Lost against a far better fighter. Made excuses. 

Only needs to have a trilogy with Shamrock and hes right on his path!

24 days ago
5/23/07
lol @ connorwinstherematch
24 days ago
1/1/01

Conor is a businessman and will say anything he can to get a lot more money in this rematch. Khabib will run over him again

24 days ago
3/13/17
phatcat - 
ChimpFL -

Conor defended belt zero times.

He was an amazing talent, great fighter. But he's nowhere near the cream of the crop. No where near one of the all time greats.

Think about fighters who actually became champions and defended multiple times.

Being great is about consistency and sustaining greatness over time. Conor was an epic flash in the pan.

I still think Aldo would have beat him in an instant rematch. 

Dana protected his money maker, WWE type MMA fans loved Conor's antics, he made lots of money, but no way in hell is he one of the all time greats. Despite being one of the only 2 division champs, he never defended a belt ONCE.

Defending is the hardest part. Look at GSP, Silva, Fedor, Aldo, Jones, DJ, ... Those are all time greats who actually defended their belts. Conor had a little run, and never defended shit. 

24 days ago
1/1/01
Waxx - 

Could you please not bring evidence and logic into this.

A lot of people here have some hatey-feels for Connor that they need to work out.

Thanks.
23 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Samoa -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
ChimpFL - 
BreakALegAndy! -
ChimpFL -

Yeak ok

3-2 in the UFC and coming off a loss. He definitely wasn’t a contender at all at that point. It’s a legit win but to say “Max Holloway” as a resume builder for CM is a huge stretch. 

This is absolute non sense. Holloway's other loss was to Bermudaz, a split decision which many thought Holloway won. The other loss Holloway had was to Poirier. And surprise surprise Poirier beat Hollaway again, just like Conor would again. There are levels to this shit. And the fact is that Conor smoked Holloway while he himself was a prospect too. Theres no excuses. Another fact is that Holloway didn't lose to anyone else again, until losing to the same guy again. Proving that when prospect Conor beat Holloway it was still absolutely an ELITE win. I would take Conor's win over a young prime Holloway, over Jones's wins over old aging retirement home citizens, ALL DAY OF THE WEEK and twice on sundays

I made no excuses and I wrote nothing but truth.  Smoked is a word used for a Unanimous Decision win where he never had the other guy in trouble?  What term do you use for getting punched around, beaten down, bitch-slapped and then choked out?  Just curious how you would describe a fight like that if you see a guy losing a decision getting "smoked".