UnderGround Forums Conor McGregor makes GOAT arguments

Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01

Former champ champ Conor McGregor took to Twitter to argue about the Greatest of All Time list for MMA.

GOAT THREAD

The array of finishes, across 2 divisions, with champion status in 1, Anderson Silva is No.1 MMA GOAT. My array of finishes, across 3 divisions, with champion status in 2, I’m No.2. If not tied 1. However still active, No.1 is fully secured by career end. And easily.

GSP is in at 3. Much less array of finishes but champion status in 2. He is far behind though. Reasons = Left 170 after much damage taken+questionable decision. Never re-engaged 170lb successors. Bottled Anderson fight. Only moved when one eyed fighter presented. Played safe.

Jon is 4. Maybe tied 3. More array of finishes than 3 and still active, but champion status in just 1. Reasons = Multiple lacklustre decision performances + questionable decision win. Attempting to safe play HW entry/avoiding its champion.

I didn’t mentions PED results on multiple entrants, even though that makes me the clear current No.1 MMA GOAT, along with still being active.
Although it shames, as well as puts all runs+finishes in complete doubt, I’ve snored multiple juice heads.
A true GOAT must do it all.

So to sum up Conor McGregor's list:
1. Anderson Silva (or maybe a tie with Conor McGregor, and will eventually be Conor)
2. Conor McGregor (will be #1 in time, and factoring in PED use, is #1 already)
3. GSP (or maybe a tie with Jon Jones)
4. Jon Jones (or maybe a tie with GSP)

Here's my list:
1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Anderson Silva
3. Jon Jones
4. Kazushi Sakuraba

What's your list UG?
?

10 days ago
12/28/12

10 days ago
12/28/12

silly conor

eating cans doesn’t make you a goat

10 days ago
5/10/04

Fedor is the GOAT.

Conor isn't even sniffing the top 10.
10 days ago
10/3/16

Jon Jones is the best ever

He defeated a murderers row of the best LHW names ever.

I did wish he had fought Henderson, as I feel it could've been a close fight..

10 days ago
4/11/10

He’s definitely bipolar

10 days ago
8/11/15

Alls I have to say is definitely not. And yikes. He’s not even top 5

Edited: 10 days ago
3/12/15

If you look at the true definition of p4p then Conor is without a doubt the GOAT. 

1. Conor

2. GSP

3. Anderson Silva

4. Jon Jones (will move up if he fights HW)

5. Fedor

6. BJ Penn

7. Jose Aldo

8. Mighty Mouse

9. Randy Couture 

10. Dan Henderson

Honorable mentions: Matt Hughes, Henry Cejudo, DC, Nogueira, Khabib, Frankie Edgar, Max Holloway, Sakuraba

10 days ago
3/12/15

Conor is so good that his haters get mad at the UFC for giving him “easy fights” against future hall of famers lol

10 days ago
3/2/12

1 - Anderson

2 - GSP

3 - DJ

4 - Aldo

10 days ago
2/13/11

Conor gets easy fights? You might want to take a look at his resume if you think that.

10 days ago
8/18/13

I don’t count cheats in GOAT lists so

1. GSP

2. Aldo

After that it’s up in the air.

Kirik, would love to know why you have Saku at 4? Is it kinda like my situation with BJ, personal favouritism? And no GSP? Surely he has to make any top 4 by any definition 

10 days ago
3/22/13

Sitting with 0 title defenses calling Jon Jones championship pedigree into question...ok, I cannot fucking wait to see Jones response to him throwing shade, as we know Jon always reacts well to constructive criticism...

Edited: 10 days ago
4/19/10
Kirik -

Former champ champ Conor McGregor took to Twitter to argue about the Greatest of All Time list for MMA.

GOAT THREAD

The array of finishes, across 2 divisions, with champion status in 1, Anderson Silva is No.1 MMA GOAT. My array of finishes, across 3 divisions, with champion status in 2, I’m No.2. If not tied 1. However still active, No.1 is fully secured by career end. And easily.

GSP is in at 3. Much less array of finishes but champion status in 2. He is far behind though. Reasons = Left 170 after much damage taken+questionable decision. Never re-engaged 170lb successors. Bottled Anderson fight. Only moved when one eyed fighter presented. Played safe.

Jon is 4. Maybe tied 3. More array of finishes than 3 and still active, but champion status in just 1. Reasons = Multiple lacklustre decision performances + questionable decision win. Attempting to safe play HW entry/avoiding its champion.

I didn’t mentions PED results on multiple entrants, even though that makes me the clear current No.1 MMA GOAT, along with still being active.
Although it shames, as well as puts all runs+finishes in complete doubt, I’ve snored multiple juice heads.
A true GOAT must do it all.

So to sum up Conor McGregor's list:
1. Anderson Silva (or maybe a tie with Conor McGregor, and will eventually be Conor)
2. Conor McGregor (will be #1 in time, and factoring in PED use, is #1 already)
3. GSP (or maybe a tie with Jon Jones)
4. Jon Jones (or maybe a tie with GSP)

Here's my list:
1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Anderson Silva
3. Jon Jones
4. Kazushi Sakuraba

What's your list UG?
?

Your criteria for ‘GOAT’ must involve quite an interesting formula... unless it’s simply ‘my favourite fighters list’ - which would make far more sense. 

GSP is the clear No.1

10 days ago
1/1/01

not even top 10. sad.

10 days ago
6/23/10
evh -

silly conor

eating cans doesn’t make you a goat

Cans like Max, Poirier, Aldo, Mendes, Cowboy,  Nate?

10 days ago
2/18/20

I have three tied at #1 and three at #2

#1: Jon Jones, Fedor, Conor

I honestly think Jones is the greatest of all time but PED taints his run.

Fedor's run is unmatched but lesser competition.

Conor has an incredible run and backs up much of what he says.

# 2:  Anderson Silva, GSP, Mighty Mouse

10 days ago
5/6/16

McTapmaster NEVER was and NEVER will be anywhere close to Goat.... His 15 mins are long gone

10 days ago
1/1/01
Dude is 2-1 in title fights and got his ass beat by Nate Diaz. He is not even in the top 20.
10 days ago
7/4/09

Surprised undefeated khabib is not brought up. Significantly more dominant than Jones without controversy. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Argonaut - 

Surprised undefeated khabib is not brought up. Significantly more dominant than Jones without controversy. 

In terms of ability he's definitely up there, but he's had massive stretches of inactivity. Only 3-0 in title fights and it's hard to even count the one against Iaquinta.
10 days ago
12/9/12
On a SideNote -

I have three tied at #1 and three at #2

#1: Jon Jones, Fedor, Conor

I honestly think Jones is the greatest of all time but PED taints his run.

Fedor's run is unmatched but lesser competition.

Conor has an incredible run and backs up much of what he says.

# 2:  Anderson Silva, GSP, Mighty Mouse

You're an idiot. Conor has ZERO title defenses. You are never truly the champ until you defend the beld. In conclusion, McTapper was never, ever a true champion. He's definitely a good fighter, but has loads to prove before joining the GOAT discussion. Let's see him demolish Khabib in the rematch the way GSP demolished Serra in theirs. Then we can start talking (and he still won't make the top 5). 

10 days ago
8/22/02

Can't be on GOAT list without a single title defense. PERIOD. 

10 days ago
2/15/06

When making lists like these to we consider who was caught using steroids? (Jones, Silva)

For me
1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. McGregor (never defended a belt so he's not higher)
10 days ago
10/14/12
My Top 5:

Fedor
Anderson
GSP
Jones
DC