4. Robbie Lawler

5/23/20 5:11 PM
7/30/03

He's not even the greatest of today.

5/23/20 5:18 PM
7/14/17
MarcusAurelioFan -

Jon Jones is the best ever

He defeated a murderers row of the best LHW names ever.

I did wish he had fought Henderson, as I feel it could've been a close fight..

Too bad he'll always be asterisk'd due to multiple PED violations. 

5/23/20 5:21 PM
5/19/17

Everyones going to have personal preference.  Its not an objective thing.  So there are many factors which you can elevate or minimise.  For what its worth i put a lot of stock on who is hardest to beat (by top guys).  So this is mine:

1.  Jones

2.  GSP

3.  Anderson

4.  Fedor.

5/23/20 5:27 PM
2/22/13

A true, genuine GOAT, doesn’t have to project and justify their position as GOAT.

It’s a decision for other people to make - and he’s not making any true MMA fan’s list.

5/23/20 5:38 PM
1/1/12

Lol @ naming himself. What a turd. 

5/23/20 5:43 PM
4/13/07

Kirik, GSP not on your GOAT list??

5/23/20 6:10 PM
3/11/09

I would go

1. Anderson

2. GSP

3. Jones

4. Fedor

5/23/20 6:14 PM
12/26/19
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Tomato Can - Dude is 2-1 in title fights and got his ass beat by Nate Diaz. He is not even in the top 20.

That's even being generous. McGregor isn't even top 50 if we're talking greatest fighter of all time. He's right around German de Randamie territory. Won a title, never defended it, and was stripped for refusing to defend. They're actually very similar.

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

"Germaine DeRandemie territory"

ROFL.  I'd say you've got a horse in the race, but I'm not sure you have any horses that aren't in that race.

I guess you have no clue the reason for my name, but it's not because I'm a Khabib fan dipshit. Though, if you're gonna make a GOAT list it's asinine not to have Khabib on it, but include the guy he made look like an amateur and beg for mercy mid fight. Any reasoning beyond a popularity contest is straight bullshit.

And I wholeheartedly stand behind the GDR comparison because it's accurate, as much as you may hate to hear it. Except GDR don't tap every time she faces adversity, so he's probably behind her on an all time list.

5/23/20 6:21 PM
5/15/15
The Lion King -

Conor is so good that his haters get mad at the UFC for giving him “easy fights” against future hall of famers lol

Remember when you posted everyday crap that no one cared about till I told you to go eat a bowl of fucks? You just using one account now or the CWTR account too? 

Edited: 5/23/20 6:30 PM
3/11/09
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Tomato Can - Dude is 2-1 in title fights and got his ass beat by Nate Diaz. He is not even in the top 20.

That's even being generous. McGregor isn't even top 50 if we're talking greatest fighter of all time. He's right around German de Randamie territory. Won a title, never defended it, and was stripped for refusing to defend. They're actually very similar.

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

ROFL.  I'd say you've got a horse in the race, but I'm not sure you have any horses that aren't in that race.

I guess you have no clue the reason for my name, but it's not because I'm a Khabib fan dipshit. Though, if you're gonna make a GOAT list it's asinine not to have Khabib on it, but include the guy he made look like an amateur and beg for mercy mid fight. Any reasoning beyond a popularity contest is straight bullshit.

And I wholeheartedly stand behind the GDR comparison because it's accurate, as much as you may hate to hear it. Except GDR don't tap every time she faces adversity, so he's probably behind her on an all time list.

Lol what an awful comparison. GDR has 1 good win in the UFC over Holm.

McGregor has beaten Holloway,  Poirier, Aldo, Diaz, Alvarez, Mendes, and Cerrone. I'm not much of a McGregor fan but it's literally not even close.

5/23/20 6:31 PM
11/16/09

Anyone who has Connor in their top 10, doesn't understand the sport. Period. Is dumb. Period. 

Connor can neither be counted as a top 10 GOAT under either of the two popular criterea people use on these forums. Bad ass trail blazers, like Hendo and Saku, or actual all time best fighters, like GSP, Fedor and Silva. He's not a trail blazer, and he's not an all time best fighter. Maybe if he had stayed active over the last 5 years, and avoided Khabib, and continues to avoid the brutal wrestlers at 155  or 170, you might be able to make a flimsy case that he's a top 10 guy.

Unfortunately for McGoats, MMA isn't kickboxing, it incorporates wrestling, and he's been very fortunate in his career to fight exactly one wrestler, who actually focused on wrestling. 

Jones belongs in a top 5 with Mark McGuire/Sammy Sosa/Barry Bondsesque asterix. The other top 5 are in no particular order GSP, Fedor, A.Silva, Aldo, MM.  

5/23/20 6:37 PM
7/2/09
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

Don't know what your name is/was, don't care.

"if you're gonna make a GOAT list..."

Quoting from my earlier post...

But based on talent AND wins, lack of steroids, mentality/personality, in that order... my list is:

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

See your boy was on the list, now settle down Germaine.  GSP still smokes both of them on the same night.

Edited: 5/23/20 8:50 PM
6/14/12

1. saku / fedor

2. shogun

3. bj penn

4. gsp / anderson

5. jones / wanderlai 

6. DC

7. khabib

8. Gomi

9. Sakurai

10. Hendo

*i forgot about dj. dj should be number two. 

5/23/20 6:45 PM
7/2/09
Nytron -

I define GOAT very differently than most people here. I define it to mean how great a height their skill and fighting ability reached in the peak of their prime... as opposed to defining "GOAT" in terms of legacy and nostalgia like most of you do. Most people's list are not GOAT lists, but are "Most influential/seminal fighter of all time", or "MIFOAT".

For me, when I think of GOAT, if I could pick any moment in time where you could somehow measure the pure fighting ability of a given fighter in the peak of their prime quantitatively. Like a Dragon Ball Z power level, who would be at the top? My guess:

1. Anderson
2. Fedor
3. Liddell (in his prime he would have beat any version of Jones).
4. Usman
5. Khabib

GSP doesn't make the list because Khabib and Usman would beat any version of GSP. I largely agree with Conor's assessment here. He lost to Hendricks, Serra, and Hughes, and played it safe.

However, Conor might not even make a top 15, lol. Zero title defenses, hasn't won a fight since 2016 if you rule out Cowboy fainting like a GOAT on live TV.

I agree Usman is a nightmare matchup for GSP.  It'd be the best fight he's seen since Johny Hendricks.

Khabib though?  How you figure?  GSP is better in every aspect of the game.  How are Fitch and Kos not better than Khabib?

Guess there's only one way to settle this dispute.  We're going to need to see them fight.

Biggest fight in MMA.

5/23/20 6:47 PM
7/2/09
Connorwinztharematch -

1. saku / fedor

2. shogun

3. bj penn

4. gsp / anderson

5. jones / wanderlai 

6. DC

7. khabib

8. Gomi

9. Sakurai

10. Hendo 

Completely off topic.  I see a join date of 2012, and then a list primarily of Japanese MMA guys, so I'm assuming you've been around for a LONG time.

What was your username(s) before this?

Edited: 5/23/20 6:53 PM
5/11/11

Conor is 3-3 in his last 6 and got finished in all 3 losses. 

5/23/20 6:56 PM
6/14/12
jgiveshead -
Connorwinztharematch -

1. saku / fedor

2. shogun

3. bj penn

4. gsp / anderson

5. jones / wanderlai 

6. DC

7. khabib

8. Gomi

9. Sakurai

10. Hendo 

Completely off topic.  I see a join date of 2012, and then a list primarily of Japanese MMA guys, so I'm assuming you've been around for a LONG time.

What was your username(s) before this?

stayxcool was original sn, but i was primarily a lurker at the time. forgot my password. 

formerly el geronimo de gato until i lost a sn bet on i think the rda/ chiesa fight. 

5/23/20 7:02 PM
1/1/01
shatefak - 

Conor gets easy fights? You might want to take a look at his resume if you think that.

Conor gets the fights that he wants. Hence, he has never defended a title where he can't actually pick-and-choose his opponents. Khabib was actually his first title defense (considering he never lost the LW title and couldn't refuse the #1 contender) and he got smashed.
5/23/20 7:07 PM
1/1/01
jgiveshead - 

I'm not so bothered by lack of title defenses.  He could have hung around and cleaned up the scrubs, sort of like what Jones is doing.  Instead, Conor moved on to the next big challenge.  I can't fault the guy for that.  But there's got to be more.  The resume has to be longer against scary dudes.  While Cowboy was a fun showcase fight, it was just busy work.  Let's see the guy take a few more challenges. 

For example, he could call out GSP.  If he talked mad shit about GSP and hyped the fight, do you not think the UFC would make that fight?  But on that topic, Conor is strangely/not-so-strangely silent.

IMO, Conor never even cleaned out a division. He skipped out of town before having to defend the FW title against Frankie Edgar.

He's basically BJ Penn 2.0 when BJ was jumping around fighting everyone including heavyweights but didn't hold a title
Edited: 5/23/20 7:10 PM
6/26/06
And just like that, Conor moves back into the penthouse suite inside his haters heads.
5/23/20 7:11 PM
2/15/06
On a SideNote - 
MMAfan1million - 
On a SideNote -

I have three tied at #1 and three at #2

#1: Jon Jones, Fedor, Conor

I honestly think Jones is the greatest of all time but PED taints his run.

Fedor's run is unmatched but lesser competition.

Conor has an incredible run and backs up much of what he says.

# 2:  Anderson Silva, GSP, Mighty Mouse

You're an idiot. Conor has ZERO title defenses. You are never truly the champ until you defend the beld. In conclusion, McTapper was never, ever a true champion. He's definitely a good fighter, but has loads to prove before joining the GOAT discussion. Let's see him demolish Khabib in the rematch the way GSP demolished Serra in theirs. Then we can start talking (and he still won't make the top 5). 

I laugh when people say "the champ never defended his belt so he isn't a real champ".  That may be the stupidest quote ever attributed to anyone.

It's like saying you aren't a true Super Bowl champ unless you defend the following year.

See how that works.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

When a Super Bowl teams the season is over and they start again next year. It's a tournament. They won and there is a new tournament next year.

An MMA champ wins the belt and is supposed to defend it. Just like boxing.

NFL - MLB - NBA = tournament

MMA, Boxing = You defend what you win.

5/23/20 7:12 PM
6/14/14

Interesting discussion, a slight aside, this is Conor all over. He goes on Twitter to stir things up when nobody is talking about him, he goes extra hard when folk are talking about his division and he isn't involved (see his tweets post 249). 

Regardless I don't think he is in the discussion for GOAT, but who is? MMA has changed so much in the last 20 years which makes it hard to compare fighters, maybe the best ones are the ones that have adapted the best. Jon Jones being unbeaten is who springs to mind but he has looked a shadow of himself in the last few years. Anderson and GSP have their losses but at different stages of their careers, GSP comes out on top between those two as he lost when younger, came back, avenged losses and retired on top. He also made the changes to come back, win and stay on top.

It's hard (for me) to judge Fedor, Saku, Henderson etc by current standards as they have been great but there best days were a long time ago, rules were different etc etc. 

How would an open weight UFC tournament go these days?

Izzy, Jones, Yoel, DC, Stipe, Usman, Costa and Cejudo (natch).

5/23/20 7:18 PM
12/26/19
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

Don't know what your name is/was, don't care.

"if you're gonna make a GOAT list..."

Quoting from my earlier post...

But based on talent AND wins, lack of steroids, mentality/personality, in that order... my list is:

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

See your boy was on the list, now settle down Germaine.  GSP still smokes both of them on the same night.

Lol @ saying lack of steroids, then having GSP, the most juiced fighter ever #1. 

Right there any shred of credibility you may think you had went right out the window.

5/23/20 7:29 PM
3/5/15

Walter Payton said:

"When you're good you tell everyone. When you're great everyone tells you."