UnderGround Forums Conor McGregor makes GOAT arguments

5/23/20 7:34 PM
6/14/12
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Tomato Can - Dude is 2-1 in title fights and got his ass beat by Nate Diaz. He is not even in the top 20.

That's even being generous. McGregor isn't even top 50 if we're talking greatest fighter of all time. He's right around German de Randamie territory. Won a title, never defended it, and was stripped for refusing to defend. They're actually very similar.

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

"Germaine DeRandemie territory"

ROFL.  I'd say you've got a horse in the race, but I'm not sure you have any horses that aren't in that race.

I guess you have no clue the reason for my name, but it's not because I'm a Khabib fan dipshit. Though, if you're gonna make a GOAT list it's asinine not to have Khabib on it, but include the guy he made look like an amateur and beg for mercy mid fight. Any reasoning beyond a popularity contest is straight bullshit.

And I wholeheartedly stand behind the GDR comparison because it's accurate, as much as you may hate to hear it. Except GDR don't tap every time she faces adversity, so he's probably behind her on an all time list.

Don't know what your name is/was, don't care.

"if you're gonna make a GOAT list..."

Quoting from my earlier post...

But based on talent AND wins, lack of steroids, mentality/personality, in that order... my list is:

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

See your boy was on the list, now settle down Germaine.  GSP still smokes both of them on the same night.

Lol @ saying lack of steroids, then having GSP, the most juiced fighter ever #1. 

Right there any shred of credibility you may think you had went right out the window.

i like j as a poster, but i too am a little confused by the steroid remark and then placing gsp, jones, and silva in the top 3. 

5/23/20 8:03 PM
4/19/10
Connorwinztharematch -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Tomato Can - Dude is 2-1 in title fights and got his ass beat by Nate Diaz. He is not even in the top 20.

That's even being generous. McGregor isn't even top 50 if we're talking greatest fighter of all time. He's right around German de Randamie territory. Won a title, never defended it, and was stripped for refusing to defend. They're actually very similar.

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

ROFL.  I'd say you've got a horse in the race, but I'm not sure you have any horses that aren't in that race.

I guess you have no clue the reason for my name, but it's not because I'm a Khabib fan dipshit. Though, if you're gonna make a GOAT list it's asinine not to have Khabib on it, but include the guy he made look like an amateur and beg for mercy mid fight. Any reasoning beyond a popularity contest is straight bullshit.

And I wholeheartedly stand behind the GDR comparison because it's accurate, as much as you may hate to hear it. Except GDR don't tap every time she faces adversity, so he's probably behind her on an all time list.

But based on talent AND wins, lack of steroids, mentality/personality, in that order... my list is:

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

See your boy was on the list, now settle down Germaine.  GSP still smokes both of them on the same night.

Lol @ saying lack of steroids, then having GSP, the most juiced fighter ever #1. 

Right there any shred of credibility you may think you had went right out the window.

i like j as a poster, but i too am a little confused by the steroid remark and then placing gsp, jones, and silva in the top 3. 

God I love the GSP hater tears. Still flowing I see :) 

5/23/20 8:13 PM
11/17/13

1.GSP - only fighter on the list to go out on top.

2.Fedor - undersized and dominated for 10+ years.

3. Silva - was untouchable but Father Time and roid allegations screwed him.

4. Jones- absolute beast but been gifted decisions multiple times and is a piece of shit

5/23/20 8:14 PM
6/14/12
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
Connorwinztharematch -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

God I love the GSP hater tears. Still flowing I see :) 

....yeah, still flowing.

5/23/20 8:18 PM
6/14/12
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

4. Jones- absolute beast but been gifted decisions multiple times and is a piece of shit

allegations ? 

i dont think that word means what you think it means. he pissed hot for a number of anabolics and was banned from comp by usada. 

jones, too, pissed hot. 

5/23/20 8:25 PM
7/2/09
Connorwinztharematch -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

Never thought I'd hear conorwinz and khabibwins agree on anything.  Cats snuggling up with dogs!

I'm fine with them getting mentioned, runner up is fine with me.  They're all time great talent wise.  But who is the best?  There's only one.  He didn't take roids.   

GSP vs Khabib on NYE 2020.  Make it happen Dan. 

5/23/20 8:42 PM
6/14/12
jgiveshead -
Connorwinztharematch -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

Never thought I'd hear conorwinz and khabibwins agree on anything.  Cats snuggling up with dogs!

I'm fine with them getting mentioned, runner up is fine with me.  They're all time great talent wise.  But who is the best?  There's only one.  He didn't take roids.   

GSP vs Khabib on NYE 2020.  Make it happen Dan. 

im not that conorwinz.

i actually agree with hate420 / khabibwins quite often.

Edited: 5/23/20 8:51 PM
1/19/12

Jon Jones 

gsp

D.J.

D.C. / Silva

Silva/ D.C.

Fedor

henry

Stipe

Shogun 

Rampage 

Aldo 

Cruz 

Handy 

forgot to add Penn in there some where between shogun and handy

5/23/20 9:00 PM
2/15/06

SQUEEZIE,
Your list is just great fighters but not all GOAT fighters.
Who is the GOAT?
5/23/20 9:07 PM
12/26/19
Diabeetus -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

Lol what an awful comparison. GDR has 1 good win in the UFC over Holm.

McGregor has beaten Holloway,  Poirier, Aldo, Diaz, Alvarez, Mendes, and Cerrone. I'm not much of a McGregor fan but it's literally not even close.

Former champion, 0 title defenses. Stripped for not defending. Both lost to the best fighters in their weight GDR can't fight those guys you listed, so it's impossible to compare resumes. So you compare accomplishments.

McGregor is without a doubt the male GDR.

5/23/20 9:10 PM
7/15/04

In no particular order GSP, Silva, Fedor, DC, Jones. Jones and Silva are asterisks due to multiple PED failures.

5/23/20 9:17 PM
7/2/09
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Diabeetus -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

Lol what an awful comparison. GDR has 1 good win in the UFC over Holm.

McGregor has beaten Holloway,  Poirier, Aldo, Diaz, Alvarez, Mendes, and Cerrone. I'm not much of a McGregor fan but it's literally not even close.

Former champion, 0 title defenses. Stripped for not defending. Both lost to the best fighters in their weight GDR can't fight those guys you listed, so it's impossible to compare resumes. So you compare accomplishments.

McGregor is without a doubt the male GDR.

No matter what else happens, the best thing to come out of this thread is referring to a male fighter as a GDR, lol.

5/23/20 9:19 PM
6/27/05

5/23/20 9:34 PM
10/27/03
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

Going out on top doesn’t count for much. It just means he didn’t enjoy fighting as much. Per recent interviews, he apparently didn’t enjoy it at all.

If Anderson Silva didn’t like it so much he would have retired on top. Unfortunately he enjoys it too much and keeps turning up.

Not a shot at GSP, there are other legit reasons to put him at number 1.

5/23/20 9:39 PM
9/24/18

Anyone ranking Conor in the top 5 obviously only started watching mma in 2014 lol newbs

5/23/20 9:56 PM
1/27/12

Has Anderson ever been totally dominated by someone in his prime or after?

Was anyone on that GOAT list dominated by someone while in their prime?

I absolutely love what Conor has brought, and he is highly talented, but without the hyoe he would be forgotten by now.

5/23/20 10:11 PM
1/1/01
SHOGUN250 -

1 - Anderson

2 - GSP

3 - DJ

4 - Aldo

Damn good list

5/23/20 10:17 PM
4/24/07
evh - 

silly conor

eating cans doesn’t make you a goat

Aldo, Alverez and Cerrone are cans? Nate Diaz is a can? 

5/23/20 10:18 PM
6/26/06
Stu Cazzo - 

Triggered pullout merchant.
5/23/20 10:52 PM
1/20/10

GOAT trash talker and money maker possibly.  I just don’t see the data to back up GOAT fighter.  Two division champ is nothing to downplay though; he’s a great fighter even if you dont like his schtick.  

5/23/20 11:15 PM
9/2/10

There's Jones, Silva, GSP and Fedor.

And then there's everybody else.

5/23/20 11:41 PM
2/21/11
Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
Khabib
Aldo
DJ
5/23/20 11:59 PM
9/10/10

conor is goat of ufc because he has made the sport world wide popular like jordan did, 

conor is so much more famous than any other mma fighter  its crazy, 

5/24/20 3:13 AM
9/20/13

Who is more delusional. Jon Jones or Conor Mcgregor? 

5/24/20 3:40 AM
6/3/11
jgiveshead -
SkinnyJeanGenie -

I could name 20 fighters with better resumes than Conor 

It's Saturday afternoon and we're stuck in lockdown with our dicks in our hands.  Give us the list homeboy, lol.

In no particular order;

GSP

Silva

Jones

Fedor

DC

Aldo

DJ

Cruz

Hendo

Shogun

Machida